So i just finished season7. why did you guys say it was worse than deep sleep 9?

so i just finished season7. why did you guys say it was worse than deep sleep 9?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/a9G3g8OSPBw?t=1m11s
youtu.be/o7SXraLd1xA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

because of war drama fags who just want pew pew lasers

it was easily the most intelligent ST imo. I watched DS9 before TNG, and honestly it was shit in comparison.

It's more consistently good, I dunno about better or worse overall. I generally liked DS9 more though until it ruined Dukat and started focusing more on the entirely dull prophet shit.

In the entirety of that show's seven seasons, I could not and did not give a single fuck about the Bajorans or their gods. The worst I could say about TNG is that it takes a season and a half of complete garbage to find its footing, but DS9 had a meh start too, so that's not really as bad as it sounds.

same can be said for almost every series with seldom exceptions. i cant recall any show i've watched that didn't take a season or two to get the direction right.

Is it wrong that I found season 1 comfy as fuck?

All Treks are worse than DS9, because it has the best characters.

ds9 is the second worse trek after enterprise. Abrams films don't count.

not one likeable character

There only decent DS9 character was Quark. If you parrot edge lord sisko as being good, then pls kys pleb.

Friendly reminder that Dukat did nothing wrong.

BEST AND MOST CRIMINALLY UNDERDEVELOPED TNG CHARACTER COMING THROUGH

Voyager is the worst
Everyone knows this. Dont be a faggot

He comes back in Voyager. But yes Broccoli could have used a few more episodes. I would have loved seeing him on DS9 pissing off O'Brien.

Friendly reminder that he did nothing wrong

Nothing at all

Hits too close to home desu

if Sup Forums was a tng character, it'd be him.

>killed the 2nd worst early character in s1
>attempted, and almost succeeded in killing troy

Why was he so based?

DS9

Literally dindu tier tbhfamiliar

Seriously, this guy was the fucking best

its like the writers smoked bowls before writing season 1's episodes

probs why it was so comfy

>the holodeck episode

youtu.be/a9G3g8OSPBw?t=1m11s

he was doing gods work

i know dat feel user

Sorry, voyager characters suck but the scripts are good and the being light years away from home makes it so that they have to solve their own problems instead of calling starfleet. DS9 is just pew pew pew war and lasers for plebs who liek star wars

HERE COME DAT BOI

is the federation a literal representation of early 1940's nazi germany?

yes its why all the jews in star trek are other races

mfw o shit whaddup

>I've seen one episode of DS9 and I'm an expert

I hate Star Wars and love DS9, the reason it's my favorite Trek is because it's the only series with character development and where actions actually have consequences. Also there are so many GOAT episodes, like In the Pale Moonlight, Duet, Necessary Evil, Trials and Tribble-ations, etc.

If you claim to like Star Trek but hate DS9 you are nothing but an autismo faggot
>muh Roddenberry
>muh pure utopia
kill yourself

this poster is a spacejew, and should get back to the promenade level

>seeing all those racist edits for the first time over a decade ago

Never got old desu

>muh edgelord sisko is da goat

deep sleep 9 was dogshit, worse than voyager. at least voyager had a truly well rounded cast to carry its shit writing.

TNG was the perfect balance of both cast and writing, and is without difficulty the best series in the franchise.

>at least voyager had a truly well rounded cast to carry its shit writing
>Voyager
>well rounded cast

Always have a chuckle when they go for cheap black actors for the Klingons. All ya need is a pair of fangs over that waterfall lip and a big ol upnose

>Tony Todd
>Cheap actor

Get outta here jungend.

Andromeda started at its best, and got worse each season.

I'm looking for "exploring strange new worlds" that Abrams films promised but did not deliver. Original series or TNG? Have not seen any Star Trek series

Both. TOS can be harder to swallow for younger people though.

>muh sisko kills "x" episode
>muh o'brien is conflicted episode
>muh space jew jews people episode

For all of voyagers shortcomings, at least it wasn't 1 dimensional like deep shit-the-bed 9

>someone in a star trek thread unironically types 'kys'

>the voyager shitposter reveals himself
How's it feel to know that no matter how much you try, the majority of people and critics will still consider DS9 to be the best Star Trek series?

So you've seen, what? 3, 4 episodes?

come on mane you and I both know I didn't mean Kurn.

I'm talkin bout the fools that shout Qa'pla once an episode and stand in red light in the misty parts of a klingon scene

Oh really!

lmao ds9 is the marvel of star trek. nothing but edgy quips and nonstop laser fights

This thread feels askew, as though their might be "some kind of" spore infecting the neuronal pathways of anyone in it.

I think it's time to abort before our brain tissue degrades even further.

spot the ds9 pleb

I'm glad that DS9 is such a pleb filter sometimes.

youtu.be/o7SXraLd1xA

>it's a geordie "it's not rape if she's a holographic waifu" laforge has the nerves to berate you for programming female characters to want you episode

lek

So much this. Also, anyone love Star Trek VI The Undiscovered Country?

More powerfull than Q?

No way dude.

Q has very few real powers, most of what he does is just illusions. He has some mild time distortion powers, he can move a ship across a galaxy, but mostly he's just messing with peoples' perceptions, he's not nearly as omnipotent as he always brags about. Old man mcgillicutty there wiping out an entire species with a thought is beyond what Q is able to do.

Q is like tony starks. He has alot of invention power, and uses technology. The Startrek Crew is like captain america. They are powerful but weak, and have a lot of heart. Old man mcgillicutty is like superman. Hes powerful and hes out there and whatever but no one cares because hes boring.

HOLY SHIT this homosexual actually believes this

RARE QUARK!

Nice pinball image!

You're just a pleb, that's all

Voyager wasn't all bad, the main problem with it was that it was inconsistent. You'd have some episodes that were on par with TNG and then something like Threshold would pop up. Overall I'd say:

TNG>VOY>ENT>TOS>dogshit>DS9

Problem ive found with DS9 is that it was so antiquated to see stuff that was already explored in TNG being recycled but with less quality acting. In Voyager i can barely remember a couple of episodes but Janeway is very robotic at least Sisko had some heart left in him.

The best TNG episodes beat the best DS9 episodes.

However, TNG has far more shitty episodes than DS9. Plus half the crew was pretty shitty. TNG fans like to parade around how bad Season 7 of DS9 was. But even that season had some gems and no where near compares to how bad S1 and 2 of TNG was.

TNG>TOS>DS9>VOY>ENT

FTFY

>no where near compares to how bad S1 and 2 of TNG was.

That was the whole beauty of it. Seeing actors change and gradually become their characters. You dont have many shows like that.

TOS=TNG=DS9 > Enterprise > Voyager > JJ Abrams

UPN was a mistake.

>implying TOS hasn't aged like milk
>Implying Deep Shit 9 wasn't boring as fuck and ruined everything that was interesting and fun about Star Trek
>implying Deep Shit 9 even counts as star trek when it's on a stationary space station and ripped off another, better sci-fi show

> >implying TOS hasn't aged like milk
Thank you for giving me advance warning to ignore your other opinions.

He's right though.

i was implying DS9 was the dark side of TNG.
i was implying TOS explored more then just space just like TNG.
i was implying DS9 had an entire season of episodes on the Defiant.

Oh I agree. I love both series a great deal. But I like DS9 more. Mostly because it had much better characters. Picard carried TNG, but many of the characters stayed fairly shit or underutilized for the whole series run. Hell some of them certainly became better quality actors throughout, but stayed fairly the same character wise. There was rarely any progress through the series, few dynamics explored. It was just one standalone after another sometimes giving a little shoutout here and there for fans to nerdgasm over "Oh my god Picard is playing his flute again!"

The Neutral Zone, The Schizoid Man and The Measure of a Man are the best episodes of Star Trek (any series).

S1+S2 TNG haters only ever can cite the same 5 episodes out of 48 as examples of why it's so bad. It's clearly a meme. I don't think anyone who cites S1+S2 TNG as "bad" has actually seen it. They're the sort of person who relies on episode skipping guide images to watch Star Trek.

As someone who recently rewatched all of TNG.

The majority of TNG S1 and 2 was just flat out awful. Those same 5 episodes are just the smelliest turds of the bunch.

>The Neutral Zone, The Schizoid Man [...] are the best episodes of Star Trek (any series).
There's nothing wrong with having unpopular opinions, let me just put that out there. I'm not disapproving of how you feel about those episodes. But you are aware that you're a special snowflake and that nobody else in the world agrees with you, right?

I have to ask, because I don't think that your position justifies the accusation that people who disagree with you haven't actually seen the seasons in question.

>Picard carried TNG

Although i agree that Picard was the best actor out of the entire ST both Riker and Data were absolutely superb actors in their own right. The chemistry between Riker and Picard is something i never seen replicated on another cast. There existed some kind of magic in the TNG crew.

Ah one of the few people who gets the pecking order correct. The only thing you left out was The Animated Series which I would also say is pretty much equally good to TOS/TNG/DS9

>unpopular opinions
>special snowflake
You aren't worthy of an image.

>The chemistry between Riker and Picard is something i never seen replicated on another cast
The chemistry between McCoy, Spock, and Kirk is undoubtedly the best in the history of Trek.

>he complains about a show showing its' age
Heyo reddit

Okay.

Go ahead, keep insisting that everyone who disagrees with you must have somehow not watched the whole show. Believe yourself to always be superior to everyone else, rather than participating in a conversation of equals. I apologize for trying to reason otherwise.

Will do, reddit.

The McCoy Spock thing has been redone with Seven of Nine and Tuvok.

I don't see it.

Awwww that's cute you saw what your opinion should be written in another thread and decided to repeat it verbatim here trying to fit in.... how's your summer so far kid

Everything in this post is true

If anything, they tried to replicate the relationship in part with the replacement doctor from season 2 of TNG and Data.

But it wasn't nearly as compelling.

>Claims DS9 is way better than Voyager
>DS9 threads 404 on the regular with zero replies

>Meanwhile Harry Kim threads fucking max out almost always.

>not one likeable character
Not one workable brain cell

When I say that DS9 is better than VOY, I say it because I watched both DS9 and VOY, and I noticed that the average episode of DS9 had a higher quality than the average episode of VOY, and that in general the characters on DS9 had more development than the characters on VOY.

I don't form my opinions based on the quality of Sup Forums threads.

B T F O
T
F
O

DS9 is nothing more than Babylon 5 in a Star Trek universe setting.

>You will DIE! SLOWLY! Duuuuurrrrrraaaaaassssssssssss...........

Not at all. He couldn't even undo what he did.

Q have complete control over time and reality. Q let Picard relive his youth. The fight where he got stabbed.in the chest. And then change it again. For real, not just imagining.

That old man couldn't even undo an action.

Babylon 5 is just Star Trek fanfiction.

Star Trek is just Forbidden Planet fanfiction.

Oh well.

this is just sad. Why are DS9 fans so delusional?
also why is tv ignoring DS9 threads?

>ctrl+f
>"ds9"
>37 matches
>"deep s"
>5 matches
>99 posts
OBSESSED