ITT: GOAT monster design

ITT: GOAT monster design

Assuming this is sarcasm, I thought they were pretty neat, way better than the killer basketballs they originally were

>pic not related

>killer basketballs they originally were
what

Pretty much everything in the hellboy universe. I can't remember the name of the concept artist for the monsters, but he's fairly highly praised for it

The monsters in the original source are literally balls with teeth and some spikes

These are much more interesting to be entirely honest. I assume they move around by constantly retracting and extending those spikes?

Whack movie, but this guy had a pretty good scene. Especially considering the parallels to the main character's dream in the book.

Reminds me of the Langoliers.

I liked this too

The design itself has more homages to other movie monsters than I dare count.

Pretty much anything by G del Toro

Obligatory

Gdt

Beat me by 5 seconds

What movie is this?

This will never be surpassed. The perfect biological killing machine.

>Tfw no big MUTO gf.

All the creatures in The Mist were done well

>perfect biological killing machine
>its only methods of killing involve throwing it own face at a hail of bullets and running into high explosives
>literally only has numbers on its side
More like the perfect dieing machine

Wrong. The novel (which came out a decade earlier than the manga) doesn't describe them like 'basketballs'. Also, the movie was already being shot when the manga was published.

I see this thrown in every time these monster threads. What makes this so special, I don't get it?

>They looked like basketballs with teeth in the original, by 'the original' I obviously mean the manga and not the fucking novel
>Did they?
>Yes here is an image from said manga
>Wrong
'no'

It's a giant mudskipper-lamprey with dozens of smaller fish and amphibians partially fused to its rubbery hide, and it can leap around using its prehensile tail to grab onto support beams. What's not to like?

Not a good Godzilla design, but great monster design in general.

Meh design. Boring and mediocore. Even Godzilla himself could have been designed better.

God damn forgot picture.

You don't seem to understand what "original" actually means.

It's just a t-rex with spikes on it, suck my dick.

looks like something out of a stephen king novell

Greatest monster design ever.

>tfw watching alien on the tv as a kid
>that intro
>dat ambient noise
>turn the movie off 10 min in, cover myself with blankets and pray to never find out what happens in that movie

So what's the problem?

Yeah but, I always just took it that people think of it like this really unique concept. I don't remember much of the movie though, I remember it only puking the bones of the people it had eaten.

Again you're being an absolute asspie on purpose, I can almost guarantee you aren't literally on the spectrum so there's really no reason to keep this up, someone said 'the original' and the obvious implication was 'the manga', everyone else understood that

>by 'the original' I obviously mean the manga and not the fucking novel
but the novel is the original

No they just fly around

Does The Fly count? One of the scariest monsters imo especially because you see the transformation happen all the way

Retard tier book title

>girl wielding a fucking axe

pffffftahahahahah

Enhanced armor/strength exoskeleton suit

I was 6 when I first saw Alien.
To this day, I'm still afraid of Xenomorphs, which is one of the reasons why I still love the first Alien: it still scares the living shit out of me.

Good choice. He's got a little bit of everything and doesn't look like a retarded mess.

>justifying a picture of a woman using a fucking battle axe with a pool cue-thin handle

PFFFFFFFTAHAAHHAHAHAHHAAHAHAH

say that to her face, fucker, and not online

I'll admit it looks stupid, but I don't think anatomical accuracy is what they're going for

>the obvious implication
when the novel is the original, there can't be any such implication with the word. the monsters originated in the novel.

>All you need is kill

What kind of retarded title is that? What does it even mean?

Kill is obviously the antithesis of love, if you're a nip

>an absolute asspie on purpose
Nah, I'm just correcting that bit of false information: the manga is not the original, therefore they 'weren't like that originally'.
>someone said 'the original' and the obvious implication was 'the manga', everyone else understood that
Implications derived from false or incorrect facts are trivial-
chan
>>Sup Forums
Oh, right, it all makes sense now.

You know the bit in the Shawshank Redemption where Tim Robbins says the warden guy is being obtuse? This is that, you know what you're saying is stupid, please stop

It's a jap thing. Most animes have idiotic names as well.

At least that one actually looks like it wouldn't fucking bend when you swing it like a golf club!

I can't fucking get over how fucking stupid that first one looks, I mean, goddamn

it's way better than the original japanese title: "super dash"

it's an american comic version

>obtuse
it's fact? how can it be obtuse?

do you know the meaning of the world original? the movie was already made when the manga was published, even. the manga is the least original of the three. why would anyone think of the manga?

'sup

And? And?

Is that supposed to make it NOT look fucking stupid and thin as a twig?

If you swung it, it would fucking bend! At least the chingchong version looks like it's solid.

"i have the weirdest boner"

Balrog is pretty cool.

That's a clitoris.

my nigga

>goat monster design

americans are retarded when it comes to comic drawing
mangakas are crazy as fuck and go to unrealistic lengths to make their piece as realistic as possible, like hiring people to travel to other countries and take pictures of various places for the mangaka to use in the manga

americans just draw some shit and call it a day

So the lesson here is american art is trash, something thats a known fact.

I liked the animated rendition of the concept better.

>realistic as possible
>bunch of holes near the bottom of the axe like a machine gun barrel

k

i remember this being good, but it's been like 15 years or so since watching it

>near the bottom of the axe
???

Axe-head then, moron

>posts a drawn image
>not the actual movie monster

The shitty CGI ruined it for me. Great movie otherwise.

It isn't. It's more like a spinosaurid with it's crocodile like features.

why did this movie have so many rape metaphors

is it supposed to say something about sexuality?

it was intended to induce the fear of rape into the minds of the male audience

it's an inversion of male and female sexual roles. the female violates teh male

seriously guillermo del toro has some fucking on point creature design

Apologies, it was the first one I came to in my kaiju folder.

well, delete it

posting an underrated classic

I refuse.

well, i don't really know how to respond to that. good day

>go fuck yourself
>k

Mah nigga

Balrog is one of the GOATs