Musicians you thought of as "your guy/girl" at first...

Musicians you thought of as "your guy/girl" at first, but saw the pretentious and unpleasant side of them as you matured.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=c4sLwt8mhZs
pitchfork.com/features/guest-lists/6680-st-vincent/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Hmmm... Leave Annie alone!

Roger Waters

I had the inverse happen with Steve Albini.

Borderline personality disorder-general?

>2014: "I still remember going to the CD World and buying The Sensual World when I was sixteen. And the cover, there’s a rose in front of her mouth that has bloomed, she’s got big wide eyes. And I remember, you know, putting it in the shitty car stereo on the way home, and you know, my life was forever changed.”

youtube.com/watch?v=c4sLwt8mhZs

46:47

>2007: "And I also— this may sound really silly— but I just discovered Kate Bush, probably six months ago, and I think she’s so great. I know I’m very late to the party here [laughs], I know this is old news, but I got a Kate Bush record, and I forget— I think “The Dreaming” is on it, though I’m spacing on the name of the record.”

pitchfork.com/features/guest-lists/6680-st-vincent/

Lauren Mayberry.

>eats pussy and ass
>meme hair, meme fans, meme lyrics, meme gf, meme thoughts
>dorito triangle face
>lesbian
>freckles and moles
>racist
>'i don't meet n*gger'
>'oh like you're doing now?'

This and Fripp-kun
I still enjoy both tho

I knew I'd see him in here before I even opened the thread... He's still my guy, though.

Of course, because the good people of Sup Forums certainly don't have a pretentious and unpleasant side to them.

Too bad he's already my bottom bitch.

>not liking them more once you acclimate to their dark side

Can you provide examples of annie being racist? I have a lot of liberal friends who love her and it'd be hilarious to seem them turn on her when I tell them she did x racist thing.

LOL

>got surgery to fix chinese eyes
>now they're wonky

>"I think it was just after we'd released "Black Messiah". We were in the middle of a pretty extensive tour and just happened to be staying in the same hotel as Annie and her entourage one night. I'd always been a big fan of the St. Vincent so i was excited i'd finally be able to meet her. I asked the hotel manager if he knew which room Annie was staying in; he said he wasn't at liberty to give that sort of information, but could pass on a message. So i just wrote up a little letter, saying that we were staying in the same hotel and whether she'd be interested in meeting up before we had to skip town. Later than night a bell boy came up to the room and handed me an envelope; i assumed it must have been from Annie. I opened it, and inside was a £100 bill with the words "i dont meet nigger" scrawled on it. I've not listened to St. Vincent since."

- D'Angelo, on Annie Clark

Wayne is this as fuck, but it might just be a midlife crisis.
This desu. I thought he was an arsehole, now I realise he's a pretty cool guy.

Does she live in Texas?

okay, I can't find any attribution for this outside of Sup Forums so I'm assuming it's just copypasta

She's a hack, I can't believe I used to like her.

Pete Doherty

I literally and unironically wanted to be a smack head when i was like 13-14. All I wanted was to live the rock star life and mostly I just wanted to do drugs. I tried making poppy tea from poppy seeds lol, of course it didn't work, which was probably quite a good thing. Then I tried nutmeg

i was already wondering where today's annie worshiping post o Sup Forums was

She isn't. It's just a meme for anniefags to pretend to hate her

Wayne is so embarrassing now

she is from the Dallas area

shes from Oklahoma and still tries to play the texan thing

Okay she grew up from 3-18 in Dallas which I think qualifies as being from Texas

"Clark's parents divorced when she was three years old, and she moved to Dallas, Texas when she was seven years old with her mother and two older sisters"

"Clark graduated from Lake Highlands (a Dallas High School) in 2001"

straight from wikipedia

7-18* my bad

You forgot the part where dad went to prison. The whole family is just awful people.

??? Alright I don't give a fuck about that, I was just refuting that idea that she is not "from Texas"

she isnt from texas

ok

good im glad we agree

I admit I'm not massively into the Lips beyond TSB/ Yoshimi he seemed based in the nardwuar interview clip I saw, I assume that's many years old tho. Only other thing I know is that he started hanging out with Miley Cyrus for some reason. Can bigger fans elaborate on what makes him so cringe now?

nah but whatever

He went from the pretty cool, well-balanced guy he was in like the Nardwuar clip to trying to be 21 again, essentially. Just check his Twitter or Instagram or whatever to see what I mean.

Zappa