Did anyone else feel as if this weren't a Star Wars movie and instead it was merely a Sci-Fi film separated from any...

Did anyone else feel as if this weren't a Star Wars movie and instead it was merely a Sci-Fi film separated from any brand names with only kind references to another popular Sci-Fi film series?

Because Episode VII gives me this weird feeling like I wasn't even watching a Star Wars film. Why is this?

yeah

What I like the most about ep7 is that visually and tonally, it actually looks like it takes place in the OT universe. The style and cinematography of the pt is complete shit and comes off as weird fan fiction horseshit.

The sequel trilogy is literally bringing balance back to starwars and there is NOTHING the inadequate, small penised haters can do about it except act "patrician" on a japanese styled image posting board.

What I was about to say, I think the visuals are very Star Wars

The PT has some good cinematography though

That pasta could use another draft.

you manchildren should stop pretending star wars has any value to begin with

Kylo Ten would be more menacing if he kept his mask on instead of revealing himself to be that weird fucktard from Mishawaka.

>star wars
>good movies
Pick one

>a Sci-Fi film separated from any brand names
are you complaining?

becouse no george lucas
wich is a good thing

It's literally just Star Wars fanfiction

Yea, it was basically MCU 2.0. Which is exactly what I expected out of Disney.

George Lucas had 10x the artistic integrity Abrams or Disney could ever dream to have. He tried to expand and evolve the Star Wars universe WHILE trying to tell a good story WHILE trying to appease autistic fanboys.

>inb4 liking the prequels is a Sup Forums contrarian meme

They're not amazing, but think about it. Lucas worked on the script for 5 years, planned out the entire trilogy, even tried getting Kasdan and Kershner involved (despite not liking TESB but he tried anyway because he knew fans loved it) ... and everyone still gives Lucas shit for the prequels. When watched in retrospect, the prequels are really well-made films with hackneyed dialogue and overdone CGI.

People give him shit too for the original ones by continuously fucking with them. So it's not like he's not at fault. A lot of complaints is also that his script isn't bad but he should know when to step back and allow professionals to do stuff he's shit at like dialogue.

>artistic """vision"""

Go back to redit

Is anything in that scene actually real?

The actors

Is that cinematography grid supposed to impress me?

Because it doesn't.

star wars. now what? something tells me youre retarded.

>artistic integrity
>dude let's make Darth Vader space jesus because he sells the most toys lmao

fuck off

He's supposed to lose most of the menacing quality when he takes the mask off. That's the point.

is anything in any movie actually real?

Kindly reminder Star Wars is a piece of shit franchise LOADED with plot holes and inconsistenices ewerywhere, they're among the worst movies ever if you're over 8 years old. Just a string of random scenes.