Other urls found in this thread:

rateyourmusic.com/list/sharifi/weighting_faq/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Sonemic will NEVER lunch

Hint: 2 days, evil whitey, etc.

how is good kid rated higher than pimp a butterfly

I doan understan

obama is released from the white house and can finally post his album ratings

my theory is that ppl outside of the US dont really connect to the issues talked about in it as much as they do with the stuff in gkmc

Probably this. I prefer TPAB though even though I don't relate to it really at all.

because it's better

pimp a buttlerfly is the best hiphop record since dark fantasy

this tbqhwyf

>b-but muh production

TPAB already sounds dated fag, and Kendrick's songwriting is laughable on TPAB. GKMC could atleast hold an interesting concept and the songs were actually interesting, production was clean and Kendrick's lyrics weren't straight bullshit. TPAB is the polar opposite of GKMC

you sound like you need a hug big guy

the ratings aren't a straight average right, they weight the opinions of different reviewers differently

probably just redesigned the formula

>TPAB already sounds dated
Nah, it's got far more original ideas on it that GKMC does. GKMC is like more typical hip hop stuff while a lot of TPAB is like modern day Pharrell combined with Flying Lotus, much more indepth than most hip hop production. I wish there was more jazz willing to have bits of crazy polyphonic parts like TPAB does.

everyone is weighed the same except people who haven't logged in for 6 months, people with less than 100 ratings, and people with fucked up rating curves

lol no. Ex-Millitary, TMS, TPTB, Atrocity Exhibition, Oblivion Access

you sure? I thought every rating was scaled proportional to that person's curve

nah they just refreshed the weighting for new users

rateyourmusic.com/list/sharifi/weighting_faq/

>In fact, most users either have 100% or 0% weighting, so there is no hierarchy.

>explains hierarchy
>"So, there's no hierarchy."

>death grips albums better than To Pimp a Butterfly

Don't be silly.

this

I'll agree it had some unique ideas, and if I'm honest I loved the production on the first listen. But after later listens (around 4 or 5) It started getting old quick, and just started to get annoying for me personally. I much prefer GKMC, it's production - while simplistic in the Hip-Hop world - it does the job for Kendrick and suits his vocal delivery way better than the Jazzy production of TPAB.

I think you're too hung up on memes, which is probably why you feel that way. It's okay user. Maybe an experience when you grab life by the balls will change that.

thanks, that makes sense

>mfw these albums are soon going to get into top 100

Considering OK Computer is 1, i don't see anything wrong here. And i haven't even listened to any Kendrick Lamar in my life yet.

That's because GKMC's production style is far easier to digest than TPAB's. TPAB goes really far in its attempt to being unique, having abrasive bits like screaming and chaotic free jazz parts while in general being far more layered. It's not really a record that can be spun on at any time minus its more poppy tracks like King Kunta and Alright. Also I would say that TPAB's production fit the more varied, more technical style of Kendrick's vocals that he did compared to his previous works.

Just an update. In Rainbows went up to 4.01 from 3.99.

An update to the all time charts should be here soon

>2017
>still going on RATED BY KEKS

Get some testosterone tbqh.

it's catchier

not him but Death Grips are literally a meme band