Battle it out

Battle it out.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kVeQnXeIxTI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Player 3 has entered the game

Kid A is better but Amnesiac is musikino

Ok kid

imo OKC has higher highs but Kid a is more consistent. Amnesiac is above both though tbqhwymf

>I WOKE UP SUCKING A LEMON
Perfect songwriting.

left or right

ok computer was influential. Kid A takes the work already innovated by Aphex Twin, autechre and Bjork on Vespertine (Vespertine came out after kid A but thom worked on selmasongs with bjork when she was confirmed to be working on vespertine, she clearly must have shown him some of the songs, kid A vs. Cocoon is a perfect example. as Kid A just rips cocoons structure and rhythm.)

I get the nostalgia that comes with Kid A being a lot of people's first exposure to electronic and experimental music. but the album is not at all innovative and is extremely derivative. Ok Computer is at least doing something that no one else was at the time.

the only answer

Fuck me I really need to get into radiohead.

I usually listened to artists chronologically but I hear Pablo Honey is just a straigh-up crash and burn trainwreck.

Should I start with The Bends?

lol plebs.

all their albums are good and even pablo honey has some good songs on it.

Just start with The Bends

objectively pleb opinion

No. Skip Pablo and The King of Limbs. Don't listen to AMSP without first having heard OKC, Amnesiac, and HTTT.

Start with the Bends only if you're even slightly into rock music. If it's not your thing you're better off starting with Kid A.

ones a complete piece of shit and the other is Kid A

Pablo Honey has the best Radiohead song ever made on it though

youtube.com/watch?v=kVeQnXeIxTI

right
left

The only one I'm slightly considering skipping is Pablo, everything else is getting a listen.

Also you didn't say anything about In Rainbows, I've heard 'Nude' from it and of the singles I've heard from radiohead so far it was my favorite.

>skipping Pablo

absolute fucking faggotry

You say derivative, I say influenced. Was Kid A a fucking IDM album?

Right by far

I never said I was certain about skipping it. Sheesh....

I honestly don't understand why people find Kid A inaccesible. It's probably my favourite album of all time, and I loved it from the first listen, and didn't find it hard to get into at all and I still think it isn't actually that different from OKC at all other that using more technology. The songwriting style is still basically the same. Obviously this is a just a personal thing, but with the exception of the song Kid A, i don't really see it as inaccessible at all.

A few moments on the album are completely derivative: Treefingers, Kid A (though this one is a well done imitation) idioteque, etc.

I would say influenced if radiohead were clear about their influence from these musicians and recognized themselves that the album isn't some monumental experimental record, but they take in all the praise they get for it without question. That's sort of shitty. thom made a fucking career out of impersonating actual experimental artists. Johnny deserves the praise he receives, however. His later work and soundtrack work has proven itself.

I'd listen to it so you can appreciate what came after even more. Though you should know, the Bends is like Pablo at times (generic 90s alternative) but there are a few good tracks.

The degree to which Kid A is better than OK Computer cannot be overstated.

OK Computer is basically just the Smiths with computers. Kid A communicates detachment with near perfect abstract lyrics, OK Computer says "I'M SO DETACHED." in songs like "Let Down" and "Fitter Happier."

Kid A has two great songs about girls in Morning Bell and Motion Picture Soundtrack. These songs are actually romantic. In OK Computer you get shit like "Let Down" which might as well be the worst song on the planet.

I would say a good comparison is Animal Farm to 1984. Orwell's writing is all pretty accessible, like Radiohead's, but OK Computer/Animal Farm is garbage for kids in elementary school compared to 1984/Kid A, which is a minor masterpiece.

I should say, this doesnt mean the album isn't enjoyable. We just shouldn't laud it as great and creative.

>Animal Farm is garbage for kids in elementary school
I know you're making a comparison, but the fact that you were able to formulate this sentence makes me sick to the stomach.

Let's all be real here

You have to be 18 to post on this site

we are, that's why no one is talking about it

Kid A is trash, so OKC handily beats it.

>they take in all the praise they get without question

Do they? Didn't Thom Yorke himself say Radiohead makes pop music?
And who are these people who call Kid A experimental? You see people like Piero Scaruffi say Radiohead is "faux experimental." That they're trying to be experimental but aren't (which is hilarious because I'm certain every member of Radiohead has infinitely more knowledge over music theory and song writing than Piero Scaruffi).

How about they make good songs and they sound as they're wrote? Can anyone accept a song for what if is rather than what category it can be shoved into?

this. Pablo is better than Amnesiac and AMSP combined.

A NEW CHALLENGER APPEARS

What order should I listen to their albums in? I've never listened to a single Radiohead album.