Is is possible for someone to become so patrician they loop back around and become pleb?

Is is possible for someone to become so patrician they loop back around and become pleb?

yes

that's why you see rym avant-teens unironically blast bubblegum house and nicki minaj

they're mid transformation

Is is possible for someone to make a non-shit thread here? They aren't even funny.

Yeah it happens to most people when they stop being edgy and settle down

Yup, look at poptimists

There was a short period were i got so burned out on hipster fagotry music i went back to listen to the stuff i liked when i was a teenager like my chemical romance and jimmy eat world for nostalgia reasons.

I also put on a wet suit and explored the albums of Britney spears and other 90's top 40 acts for lulz.

Did you know britney spears has a song about using email called email my heart that sounds hilariously dated?

only plebs and normies completely disregard something solely based on genre. better luck next time!

poptamism is literally the worse thing that happened to music, it was the embrace of mediocrity, hipsters went so far up their own ass's they started pretending that liking popular music was non conformist

Just take a look at any of Sup Forums's endless threads about mainstream pleb shit like Kanye, Beyonce, Kendrick Lamar, and Death Grips.

that's not relevant. being anti-poptimist doesn't mean hating all pop music.

it correlates because these opinions aren't based on the music. it's based on the reputation of the artist, their fans, etc.

*in MOST cases, anyway

My father was a DJ with a record collection in the thousands back in the 80s

Now he doesn't DJ. he's sold the records and he plays top 40 shit around the house all day

He seems happy

One of these things is not like the others

Beyonce is a woman and the rest are men?

normies don't like dg you out of touch mong

>dg isn't the most normie shit out right now

not quite

a trupleb is incapable of appreciating the hardest patriciancore
a cycled patrician is capable of appreciating the lousiest plebfodder and the most refined patricianfare both

based dad

this

didn't go back to full pleb but I find myself retreating back to the basics (Sup Forumscore and "the classics") because I just enjoy it the most. Trying to be "patrician" is exhausting.

This is the stupidest fucking post but it hits the nail on the head.

Good job user.

If they "loop" around and listen to top 40s again the odds are that they probably never liked whatever the fuck you consider to be patrician.

Which is good for them since they're at least not being pretentious about their choice of music anymore.

You're corrupted by Sup Forums at this point if you think DG are any near the popularity of the artists you listed

Yes

>read Pitchfork, download all "essential" albums, consume the rockist canon, explore the surface of electronic, rap, and other styles
>read Pitchfork daily, expand to FACT Mag and The Quietus, get an RYM account, listen to 20+ from every year since 1961
>Participate regularly in chart threads, join Soundcloud, read TinyMixTapes and Cokemachineglow, use RYM lists and soulseek to find new music, download 5+ albums daly
>Become frustrated with uncontrollable music obsession, delete all music from hard drive, but slowly fall back into its clutches, diving extremely deep into select genres and becoming an authority on them, make lists on RYM with 100+ favorites
>become the kind of person that other people on RYM look to for recommedations, engage in a silent one-upmanship contest with other influencers while trying to turn your taste into a meme on Sup Forums, troll Hipster Runoff and Brooklyn Vegan when bored, do nothing but download and listen to music all day and night
>lose the ability to actively enjoy music (despite listening to it all day), become incapable of relating into others musically, grow uncomfortably close to the RYM intelligentsia, frequent Hipinion and Dump.fm
>become sick of life, wonder why exactly you are downloading seven Dixieland jazz compilations at the same time, tank your hard drive and RYM account, delete last.fm and get self banned from Sup Forums, swear off music nerdom forever
>self-consciously bury your music obsession in the past, limit yourself to no more than 50 albums on your hard drive at any time, listen to the radio while driving, get into film or retro games or something else

Anyone who falls for the patrician meme is automatically a pleb.

or alternatively, realize literature is the superior art form and make reading your main hobby, thus making it easier to enjoy both because you aren't overloading one or the other.

Thats usually what happens.

I think the real question is, can someone be so much of a pleb they are patrician?
I mean... think about it.

I used to listen to classical exclusively when I was 14
Now I am a metal head

>pop
>genre

I was never a pleb, always patrician

baby one more time (album) sucks, and so does most of her old stuff. you really gotta be a teenage girl (and i even doubt this, because it's dated as fuck) to dig the corny and embarrassing lyrics it has.

baby one more time (song) is genius tho and you drive me crazy gets a pass because it's basically a rip off of that one

what was your account?

Literature is not in competition with music or any other art form. The autistic Sup Forums custom of "ranking" art forms like it was a pissing contest is one of the most childish things I've come across on this site, which is saying a lot.

your post isn't in the top 20 for this thread

>He seems happy
>seems
he dead inside
because he had to sold his precious vinyls to pay you college..

It's more about growing up, having actual responsibilities and not having as much time to devote to autistic hobbies

>tfw about to graduate this spring and my dad is proud of me

I feel so gay