Warcraft

My main beef with the film is really how open ended it leaves itself.
The way Guldan's rule is still firmly in place, makes it feel like Durotan's entire story is pointless.
I guess it's all set-up for future films, like so much of the movie is, but it robs the movie of the ability of standing on its own.
The entire ending is just one big TO BE CONTINUED?

The whole thing might have been better received if it wrapped itself up in a neater bow.

Other than that it's decent apart from the fact that the last third is clearly hacked to bits in editing.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7ePGvdc2--E
polygon.com/2016/4/7/11389510/new-warcraft-movie-posters-blizzard
youtube.com/watch?v=OO6WuMBd2_Q
youtube.com/watch?v=sC_SZToF82U
youtube.com/watch?v=0lZlPxnsFk0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>p-p-p-please give us a sequel

damn do I hate this in modern movies

only 6 inches?

Open ended just like fellowship of the ring.

People nitpicked then, and you are doing it now.

Please hang yourself in a room full of acid.

>that feel when you liked the small tooth men but they brake too easily

Directors cut relax

40 mins was removed by the studio, film was still fucking epic and your caring too much about a minor thing

Durotan was supposed to show everyone by what proceeds, and it worked, you cant just flip an entire army, but the seeds were sown and culture is important aswell as tradition

I fucking loved it

Anyone got that leaked pic of stormwing burning?

Does anyone feel that Warcraft was better when it had less lore?

Warcraft 1, and 2 (+BDP)had relatively simple but cool stories. Warcraft 3 ROC too, but stuff started getting dumb with TFT, and when WoW hit, the story just got unnecessarily bloated and made no sense at all.

Hey, I'm completely okay with the movie.
I just think that even if it's only 1/3 of the entire story, the ending could have felt less like an episode of Game of Thrones ending and more like a movie.

Also they should get a punch up writer for the dialogue in the next one. I feel like an epic fantasy movie needs more memorable dialogue.

I was pleasantly surprised with this movie. I thought it was going to suck hard.

Just because not everyone's story is resolved doesn't mean that it can't stand on its own.

Fuck off faggot the dialogue was fine. We dont need 10000 quips in every action epic.

agreed. The fight in Karazhan had too many one liners imho

I hope these scenes make it back into the director's cut.

youtube.com/watch?v=7ePGvdc2--E

Are you fucking kidding me?
Lothar's dialogue was 90% quips.
They needed a punch up writer to give him something more meaningful to say, you autistic child.

Stormwind. Yeah, it's in Garona's "two worlds one home" poster.

polygon.com/2016/4/7/11389510/new-warcraft-movie-posters-blizzard

All eight of those posters are really good desu.

Gotta commend the balls on Duncan to actually have her run around in that get up for much of the movie.
She looks like the sort of chick Captain Kirk would pick up in a trashy episode of the old Trek.
I kinda love it.

It's a planned trilogy. Lurker more before talking.

Is warcraft psyops propaganda to get people to accept muslim immigrants because they love peace but a segment of their society is controlled by an evil warlock that wants to kill us?

I wonder how many pseudo intellectual reviewers drew the obvious comparison between the refugee crisis in Europe and the Orc invasion.

Probably the lowest hanging fruit I can imagine.

What like the FACT when hes talking about his son to garona? Or when he was talking to the king?
He had some good dialogue but he was represented in a way that worked, he was falling apart that was his character a tormented broken guy i liked it a lot

>extreme levels of chromatic aberration on a purely digital production
>literally trying to enb filter your movie
what the literal fuck is this garbage

To be fair if you did kill their warlocks, religious leaders, everything would be pretty good. This coming from a hardcore Sup Forums poster

The real question is do I FUCKING WATCH THIS MOVIE or do I not?

No they didn't because people knew about the books you fucking invalid
>muh Warcraft is the new LotR
No, it's a shit movie that couldn't even finish the simple story of the first game without starting the sequel baiting

It's fairly entertaining that this movie is going to make just ridiculous gobs of money in China, it's releasing two days earlier than in the states for China to match with some festival they are having.

No matter how hard American critics hate something these days it just doesn't matter. Their power is waning because the American markets is not the big money anymore.

But there aren't any chinese people in it. Instant failure.

t. American SJW's

lol I just looked this shit up

Budget: 160 million USD

This can't be right? it's already got 69mil from Europe.

But 160mil budget? No way, it's gotta be way higher than that with how long this shit took.

>they literally made a warcraft movie about some of the most fucking boring characters they had.

I mean if they had done arthas' story line or illidan's it would of been so much fucking better.

arthas' purging story alone would have made a great movie.

Warcraft 1
>cuck king gets cucked by orcs

Arthas
>Prince does everything in his power to try and save a kingdom that is already doomed only to end up losing his soul

personally i just want an illidan movie

oh shit Daniel Wu is gul'dan, it was a play for the chink money the whole time

game had way better ending that was not open like that

oh well, fuck it

Well , I just looked it up from pre-sale numbers alone in China and the fact the budget was so light.

You're going to get ALL the movies friendo. This is going Transformers.

>"This entire city must be purged"

Its literally unfilmable, nothing can capture the cheesyness from that scene, its impossible.

>""""""""people""""""""
>watching this """"""""""movie""""""""""
kek

it can be done and I hope one day they'll do it
youtube.com/watch?v=OO6WuMBd2_Q

i dont see why not, the idea of a small army marching into a city, the people thinking they have come to help, only to suddenly see the leader talk to a sickly person
>help me prince
>i can't help you, i can only promise you a quick death
>bonk (coz its a hammer)
>the soldiers fan out
>birds eye of people screaming fire and shit >zombies running around attacking soldiers
>soldiers breaking in doors killing people

Im don't see the problem with it.

plus there is the whole "whos right whos wrong" shit in the story.

Those posters, and those in the link are all painfully awful. Dear god, man

I loved the movie though. Though I'm a fan of the Warcraft universe

youtube.com/watch?v=sC_SZToF82U

This dialogue will never translate into film, no matter how devoid your suspension of disbelief is. Still would pay to see it a hundred times.

Since when was 160 million light?

Fucking hell Garona looks dumb.

Watched it today, it was fun. A 8/10. The only people I've seen talking bad of the movie was "movie critics" and some nitpicking faggots.

Yes.

Mostly contrarians and autistic anons trashing the film, thinking they will scare other anons with their regurgitated Sup Forums lingo.

>They're all infected.
>What do we do?
>Purge the city.
>What..?
>This entire city must be purged.
>youtube.com/watch?v=0lZlPxnsFk0

The fucking flutes are so out of place, but I like your attempt.

Watched today.
I thought this was pretty meh. 7/10.
Tried to do too much without accomplishing it.

Also i thought the action scenes were pretty unimpressive.
Only really liked the two duels at the end.