Is it time for the Saturday LOTR thread?

Is it time for the Saturday LOTR thread?

What is your favorite film and character of the trilogy?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=na0B1vFM84Q
youtube.com/watch?v=xPV9JWWtOQ0
youtube.com/watch?v=52Kkr2vyXU8
youtube.com/watch?v=2H4Q_aA4QiQ
youtube.com/watch?v=8d_oSWH4pMQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Bump

I like this kino because there's only whites in it

There were plenty of orcs (blacks) and easterlings (asians) user, I don't know what you're talking about.

Can we all agree Return of the King is utter fucking garbage?

First one is the comfiest, second one is the most entertaining, and the third one is the most emotional

my favorite parts

youtube.com/watch?v=na0B1vFM84Q
youtube.com/watch?v=xPV9JWWtOQ0
youtube.com/watch?v=52Kkr2vyXU8
youtube.com/watch?v=2H4Q_aA4QiQ

It's a little bloated, but garbage it certainly isn't.

how are orcs and Uruks born? Can Sauron create life?

he creates life, and destroys it

This guy gets it.

Also, if you don't watch all 3 extended editions in a row, you're doing it wrong but I still love you

Orcs are just elves that were corrupted by Morgoth, Uruks are orcs mixed with men.

mixed how? Also why does Gandalf say the orcs are breeding?

FOTR and the Uruk in the extended edition of ROTK that smashes some Orc's head with a bowling ball at Cirith Ungol

There are female Orcs, according to Tolkien, we just never see them.

so by extension baby orcs?

GoT is superior I mean how can you defend Tolkien after his sloppy writing by adding the Eagles in that could have taken the ring to mordor.

>mfw Orc women were probably raped en masse after Sauron's fall

A reminder that based fatman BTFO racist/sexist Tolkien.

>Ruling is hard. This was maybe my answer to Tolkien, whom, as much as I admire him, I do quibble with. Lord of the Rings had a very medieval philosophy: that if the king was a good man, the land would prosper. We look at real history and it’s not that simple. Tolkien can say that Aragorn became king and reigned for a hundred years, and he was wise and good. But Tolkien doesn’t ask the question: What was Aragorn’s tax policy? Did he maintain a standing army? What did he do in times of flood and famine? And what about all these orcs? By the end of the war, Sauron is gone but all of the orcs aren’t gone – they’re in the mountains. Did Aragorn pursue a policy of systematic genocide and kill them? Even the little baby orcs, in their little orc cradles?

>The war that Tolkien wrote about was a war for the fate of civilization and the future of humanity, and that’s become the template. I’m not sure that it’s a good template, though. The Tolkien model led generations of fantasy writers to produce these endless series of dark lords and their evil minions who are all very ugly and wear black clothes. But the vast majority of wars throughout history are not like that.

>Even the little baby orcs, in their little orc cradles?

Good to know he actually read the books he is criticizing

Would you?

>What was Aragorn’s tax policy? Did he maintain a standing army? What did he do in times of flood and famine? And what about all these orcs? By the end of the war, Sauron is gone but all of the orcs aren’t gone – they’re in the mountains. Did Aragorn pursue a policy of systematic genocide and kill them? Even the little baby orcs, in their little orc cradles?

I've never watched an episode of got and i never will now

>And what about all these orcs?
Aragorn fucking kills them all if he has any sense on his mind.

hit the one on the left with a mace, yeah

>you will never EVER fuck an orc

wew

I'm watching two towers right now and see this thread, how about that. This one is my favorite, even though I think return of the king has the most memorable scenes. The fangorn and ent scenes have always been my favorite though. Ent chapters were my favorite in the books too.

>ywn introduce yourself overnight

>Gimli as comic relief
>Pipeweed as marijuana instead of tobacco
>Terrible effects and poor utilisation of miniature sets
>LSD Galadriel
>No Tom Bombadil, the heart of the story
>No Scouring of the Shire, so the message is diluted
>Frodo and Sam portrayed as borderline gay instead of master and servant

It's fine if you liked it, but serious Tolkien fans such as myself took great issue with it. If you'll read The Letters of JRR Tolkien, these are precisely the same sort of issues Tolkien had when negotiating to sell the film rights during his lifetime, and they are the reasons why he refused. LotR was only allowed to be raped after he died, and I for one think it's criminal.

>meanwhile he never addresses these issues in ASOIAF either

Writing is hard user

So is being a fat fucking retard who retards adore

t. Christopher Tolkien

I loved that

>porch ritteration

>No Scouring of the Shire, so the message is diluted

it would have been a mess to try and put that into the film

How do you mean?

except movies arent books and the films were already long as fuck.

goes to show that even with the greatest book to film adaptation of all time, some book autists still wont be happy.

There isn't anything in ASOIAF about tax policy or do the lords keep standing armies etc. There is some offhand talk about how the Lannisters are broke because their mines dried up, how they're bankrolled by the Tyrells but it's never more than just a few words here and there

desu elijah wood being cast as frodo completely ruined his character and the entire group dynamic of the shire hobbits. you can't have some boyish looking faggot like elijah wood being the wise and mature leader and it definitely would have been awkward to portray a book-esque master servant relationship between him and sean aston, who is 10 years older than him. so instead of the stoic, brave frodo from the books you get the whiny incompetent child of a character from the movies and sam has to turn from loyal servant to tender gay lover whose main role is to comfort the sniveling faggot and do everything for him.

youtube.com/watch?v=8d_oSWH4pMQ

Fuckin nerds

There's only one Trilogy that matters.

Wood is fine.

he's too young, soft, and faggy for frodo and he completely ruined the character. i respect your shitty opinion though.

Fuck off Kevin. Don't you have a Walmart premiere for your newest indie flick to get to?

You can shit on Kevin all you want but Dante is the most redpilled movie character in a comedy. you fucking nig nog

>>Frodo and Sam portrayed as borderline gay instead of master and servant
only liberals and women get this impression

Why didn't the balrog simply use its wings to fly out of moria and into outer space to the undying lands?

>Even the little baby orcs, in their little orc cradles?

The Two Towers

Fuck there's too many great characters, basically all of the Fellowship, Theoden, Saruman, Eomer, fuck I even like Treebeard

I'll go with Sam though, meeting Sean in a week

Replace one word in a LOTR's quote with "nigger"

fly you nigger

That fucking scene with Faramir and Gollum.

>they took my precious GRWAAAARGH

At least they knew their audience was idiotic

I legitimately tried to watch GoT

Could not finish S2 it was just so fucking boring and I didn't really care for anyone or the story.

Arya and Ned was the only characters I was interested in and the best bit was the start of Ep 1 with the White Walker attack. Dinklage was ok, don't understand why everyone loves him so much in GoT..

I like that he's made a successful fantasy, but I don't like him attacking my favorite genre...the reason I like fantasy is because it's about magic that doesn't exist in every day life. Fantasy has always been about escapism and friendship. Making fantasy more like reality cheapens it, it doesn't make it more believable. God the more I try to like Martin the more he enrages me. I love his work, but his own personal philosophy to attack fantasy (that should be a genre concerned with unlimited possibilities) and force it to conform to classic novels that must deal with real world themes is ludicrous. His books have dragons and a race of undead...either make something true to life or don't. Why is Martin threatened by fantasy novels of the past?

>that could have taken the ring to mordor.

weak b8 man

I don't even think he's really wrong, it's just that Tolkien was a far different kind of writer and he wasn't trying to tell a gritty, realistic story in a realistic setting with realistic rules and realistic morality. That's not inherently wrong or bad. Just different.

I THINK IT SHOULD HAVE ENDED WHEN ARAGORN BOWED TO THE HOBBITS.