>Rattle snake
>Rattle snake
>Rattlesnake
>Rattlesnake
>Rattlesnake

damn...

He bought the house next door to Varg.

It means systems are for plebs.

they must be the 58390433298058490534832904589032th artist to declare that nothing is sacred

That's hardly the point of the rant though. He says so much more than just "nothing is sacred" which really is just a catchphrase added to end for effect.

Why the fuck did they post this, and why does he support the bad harmonies in the end when it seems like an autistic rant against modern rock harmonies or whatever.

Everything is actually completely correct in what he's saying btw, that's why barbershop quartet 7th chords ring out much differently than the usual 7th chords we're used to hearing in tonal music.

He's ironically shitposting

nothing said in that entire rant is revolutionary or insightful

yeah everyone with a basic knowledge of musical history will know this stuff it's just meant to be a funny marketing post for his new album.

so what's the "so much more" of this post that i'm missing? it's 80 lines of horseshit for buzz. that's it?

I'm not him you fuckwit

This could qualify as copypasta

I'm triggered.

>NOTHING IS SACRED IN OUR WESTERN MUSIC
That's the point of Western music.

>OVER HUNDREDS OF YEARS OUR MUSIC HAS DE-EVOLVED TO FEATURE LESS EMPHASIS ON RHYTHM AND MORE ATTENTION TO HARMONIC IMPERFECTION.
a) What is hip-hop, b) Different genres have different emphases, so what, c) Harmonic perfection is not intrinsically better than harmonic imperfection

>OUR ANCESTORS ENDEAVORED TO CREATE A SYSTEM BASED ON PERFECT 5THS YET WE END UP WITH A SERIES OF SEVERELY OUT OF TUNE 3RDS OR WONKY HARMONIES.
Incredibly stupid. You know who plays in 5ths? blink-182. Sum 41. Classical music used 5ths but also 9ths, 13ths, and 7ths. Modern mainstream music has come closer to 5ths.

>BACH COMPOSED IN SOMETHING CLOSER TO JUST INTONATION
False and kind of retarded.

>MODERN PIANOS ARE TUNED SHARP AT THE TOP AND FLAT AT THE BOTTOM
Modern pianos are tuned linearly. Old pianos were tuned flat at the top and sharp at the bottom, which is where the Western saloon piano sound comes from. Tuning is a modern invention, before that we used stretch-tuning which is VERY inaccurate (though not necessarily worse for it)

>VIOLINISTS INSTINCTUALLY BOW PERFECT HARMONIES IN ORCHESTRA ARRANGEMENTS. BARBERSHOP QUARTETS INSTINCTUALLY SING PERFECT HARMONIC 3RDS and 7THS.
If you're playing in "perfect harmony" you're almost the same note, I guess that's "instinctive"??? 3rds are major or minor anyway, not "perfect." 7ths are MEANT to be dissonant. What an idiot.

>THEY ARE RIGHT WE ARE WRONG ETC ETC ETC
Reactionary bullshit.

It's very easy to fool people by spitting a bunch of jargon.

Are these guys good? My brother just told me about them a few weeks ago because they had a funny name but the music was good

>7ths are MEANT to be dissonant

7ths were modified in order to make the minor and major scales all equal and for modulation to work more effectively, the sound of a harmonic 7th, or the 7th we get from the harmonic series is much different.

That's why barbershop harmony sounds different, they use the natural 7th.

>9ths, 13ths

you're a guitarist aren't you? classical musicians and the conventions of tonal harmony do not uses this terminology, this is jazz shit.

>What is hip-hop,

if you knew what the fuck you were talking about you probably would have mentioned cage or stravinsky or something

>hip hop

LOL

>nitpicking my terminology instead of engaging with my argumentation

typical avant-teen poseur

I'm just saying don't pretend to know something about things you don't really know anything about.

"were modified" lol

yeah, evidently the 7th in a harmonic series is a different one from the 7th in a melodic series or in the natural series. what's your fucking point? the 7th in a natural series creates tension and drives to resolution, that's the fucking opposite of the safe harmonies the post alludes to. just listen to a fucking perfect octave if dissonance is that scary to you.

also what.

youtu.be/GHP-mSmr9hY?t=115

where is your god now