Post Your Favorite Album and anons Criticize It

I'll start with a hard one

Hard Mode : no "muh drones" or "too boring"

It's my favorite album as well
The use of the crescendo to elicit emotion from the listener can be seen as cheap and Godspeed as a band is sort of pretentious.

peaks early

bump

it's not as good as F#A# Infinity

Hard mode: criticize the album, not the fan base

MUH CRESCENDOS

weak radio metal compared to their previous albums

the hands on the cover aren't fists 0/10

Godspeed is the reason why third wave post rock is so boring. They influenced a whole generation of post-rock musicians to think that reverby guitars + crescendos = good music. I don't hate this album by any means, but I do hate third wave post rock.

if every song was like the first movement it'd be a pretty good album but instead they focus on le epic buildups too much

made all other albums look like trash

I honestly do not see the appeal in this album

Its perfect wp user, except for Winter Wonderland that track is a bit annoying.

the crescendo doesn't do a very good job of building tension like it should

albini's conscious attempt to drive away listeners (and his lack of shame at being offensive) are very sophomoric posturing to hide that he actually wants to be liked
it's like "you guys only dislike me because i want you to dislike me"

Not as raw as Ride the Lightning, not as refined as AJFA. Worst of both worlds.

i can see that. good observation.

>imb4 emo virigin

Doesn't have a unique, notable aesthetic like the releases before it. Pretty standard folk rock.

I understand that but the it wears the folky tune as an aesthetic and all around is more well put together than the others.

Antennas To Heaven has that weird bit where the drums come in and don't sound good

Winter Wonder Land really doesn't fit and Peacebone is kinda dumb

just doesn't sound interesting at all

Some songs drag on for waaaaaaay too long

Forgot to do others

Sounded too refined
No variety Songs drag out, album cover is ugly

that's not the glowing man

infuential, but feels extremely outdated

the sipping, swallowing, and monologue at the beginning anger me and turned me off from the album for a while.

Not really a legitimate criticism just thought I'd get that off my chest

The minecraft soundtrack

Come at me

Sleep fucks up with the guitar part by making it overlong.

>minecraft soundtrack
I think enough men come at you as it is

Post rock is honestly just a bad genre.
I kind of like To Be Kind though, though that doesn't change the fact.

trips don't lie

protopunk is way too quaint and dated

find a flaw

generic noise rock that is just edgy teens with pedals, utter trite, i cant stand this album

where do i start

It's not The Seer

studio albums only, you're welcome

This is gonna hurt

awful fucking production

Horn

Great first half followed by comparatively mediocre second half, not enough songs like Big Money

It ends

>inb4 dad or hipster

Way too many soft cuts

It's pretty dated but I love it, afx has a special place in my heart.

dad go to bed

Love all their shit but this is my fav

we lost the sea - departure songs

It's milquetoast hipster garbage at its absolute worst. Completely forgettable, mediocre.

Hard mode: don't call it edgy

Because I'll know you missed the fucking point so hard that you probably shouldn't even bother to try again

ive never heard of this but from the cover it looks like generic post-post-hardcore bs copying circa survive but rly bad ya know

Marked the point where post-rock went from genuinely interesting timbre, arrangements and atmospheric composition to DUDE TEN MINUTE LONG BUILDUPS LMAO

The worst thing I can say about it is that it has less of the blistering energy that SAF has on every track

Inconsistent both stylistically and quality-wise
Probably my favorite Animal Collective album though

Ditches The Seer's atmosphere and crazy arrangements for noisy post-rock jams that all sort of blend together after a while

desu like only their 4th best album, maybe 5th

>Because I'll know you missed the fucking point so hard that you probably shouldn't even bother to try again
Holy defensive
Trent uses screaming and reasonable songwriting to cover up the fact that everything he's doing was done earlier by better and more original acts

Sounds too delicate. One of their weakest album.

Too much experimenting

>gorillaz

>Trent uses screaming and reasonable songwriting to cover up the fact that everything he's doing was done earlier by better and more original acts
as edgy as NINposter is, you're definitely not appreciating the subtleties of TDS. it really is a masterpiece imo, and I'm not usually a big fan of rock

i don't like the scream

Sounds dated as fuck. Which is unfortunate because a lot of the songs aren't bad. And I personally just don't like James Hetfield.
I'm a fan of First Day Of My Life because it's infectiously happy but I hate the overly sappy love lyrics as a whole. Plus the intro track pisses me off for some reason. The first minute is ASMR af and it drives me up the wall.
Not much wrong with this. Some of the songs drag out though, and not in a good way like in Bring The Sun.
The songs with Nico, with the exception of All Tomorrow's Parties, suck balls. Sorry not sorry. She sounds like a tard.
Can't find one. One of the very few albums I'd consider "perfect".
Damon Albarn is incapable of making an album with consistency. Going from Stylo to Superfast Jellyfish, then Empire Ants to Glitter Freeze... it's a fucking rollercoaster. Still one of the best pop albums of this decade though.
I can see the appeal but it bores the shit out of me. I think it's the dated production and the fact that every song sounds quiet.

Rip it a new one.

I actually like TDS a lot. I just think that in a lot of ways it's not as innovative as people seem to claim sometimes.

>Plus the intro track pisses me off for some reason
this
t.

Megadeath is just a bad metallica ripoff

You literally cannot find a flaw.

One of my favorites. The best concept album in my opinion. If I had to complain about something it's Reznor's somewhat irritating vocals/lyrics and the songs in the middle like I Do Not Want This and Ruiner aren't a particular favorite of mine.
No fucking lyrics to be found. Other than that, very good album with very little to critisize.
Has their best song (Pyramid Song) and their worst song (Pulk/Pull). Also lacks consistency. Overall a good album but is overshadowed by Kid A, and rightfully so.
Dave fucking Mustaine

Let me have it you fucking faggots I'm dead fucking serious. What's wrong with this fucking album.

>mfw nobody can find a flaw because nobody on Sup Forums has listened to this album

For obvious reasons.

give it to me straight, doc

Can't say anything honestly bad about this album, ain't gonna diss one of my top 10

this

Amnesiac lacking consistency is valid but
>worst song (Pulk/Pull)
what the fuck

embarrassing post, friend

much respect.

this album sometimes makes me feel like I'm at a renaissance fair. I don't dig that.

Can't Flay the Jai

I honestly havent listened to like half the albums in here

Nico can't sing for shit, and the whole album feels like it was made to be 2deep4u on purpose.

The beginning of Sabbath's decline musically. Overproduced, with bland shit like Embryo and Lord of This World making the cut.

Lazy and uninspired. And the worst part is that Reznor has shown he can do way better, so he either didn't give a fuck or was too shit at music at the time to realize.

Apart from the fact that it's a shitty album, it also was a crucial factor in the start of nu-metal, and for that you should be ashamed.

Inconsistent with some of Modest Mouse's best songs but also Long Distance Drunk and Jesus Christ Was an Only Child
also Trucker's Atlas drags on a bit

Both of these have the same problem of being mediocre follow-ups to strong first albums. You can tell the bands started to struggle with writing new stuff and keeping up the intensity, and the sound reflects it.

Everything that Demon Days did right this one did wrong. No consistency in either tone or quality, shit is all over the place, with most of the songs being barely radio filler tier.

A couple of solid and memorable tracks that are drowning in a sea of forgettable, mediocre electronica.

Has exactly one good track (I Can See For Miles) and a bunch of uninspired, boring Beatles rip-offs.

The First Song is too good. Nothing else really reaches its size.

I tried listening and then didn't

>anything on TWSO
>a Beatles rip-off

Only good song is Battery

>actually considering field recordings of people screaming to be your "favorite album"
this is either bait or you need to stop trying so hard to stand out

Bad band, weak album

Weak

8/10

Techno bores me but the album is good

Generic post rock

Not many interesting spots

8/10

Luv

Boring but good

>1 hour
>nobody has found a flaw in my favorite album yet
Good to know I made the right choice.

deadsullivan.bandcamp.com

What can I say, I like harsh noise. It's sort of a toss-up between this, As Loud As Possible and Pulse Demon as my top album, and PM wins out due to the mood.

Or it's so forgettable that nobody gives enough of a fuck to criticize it.

Even better, that's how I know my album is pleb-proof.