When will the cinemas die out and people will just be able to get the movie released to them at home?

When will the cinemas die out and people will just be able to get the movie released to them at home?

Cinemas will find a way to either kill that from happening or be competitive

The moment box office numbers stop being measured in billions.

why wouldn't i just torrent it? hell i can just type "watch x" in google and find almost any movie I want regardless if it's in theatres

I go to the movies so I can watch it on a big ass screen with good surround sound, not because it's the only place I can watch

It's already happened.

Who the fuck is going to the theater still?

Who the fuck WANTS to go the the theater still? Idiots, that's who.

I stopped going to the theaters about 4 years ago, and I'll never buy another ticket, or set foot in a shitty theater ever again.

>Cams

Tell us what happened user who hurt you?

Sure you can torrent but it'll be in shitty cam quality

the home cinema is what will be dead soon to vr/ar technology

You can't get the cinema experience at home goy....er, user. You've GOT to buy a ticket and go see these great films in a theater! You wouldn't want to waste the splendor of the cinematography on your shitty flat screen, would you?

Of course not.

Keep buying those tickets now!

this is only for some films, a lot of times you can get an international version that's good quality and in english with foreign subtitles

I watched zootopia this way, on an asian site in english with asian subtitles when the only "english" versions available were cam

It is totally possible to find good quality, you just have to look.

Niggers, kids, and cell phone users.

when you learn to be patient and wait for it to come out.

if you want this to happen you aren't a true film lover

film is meant to be viewed in a cinema, with other people, on a big screen, in a controlled environment. a world where that is no longer true is a world where "film" is dead and all video is just "content"

>tfw you will never get to see Ghostbusters '84 in 420p at 25fps like me back in the day.
Digitalshit projectors showing movies in HD in theaters is boring as shit. Too many fps.
>tfw youngfags will never get to experience the epicness of a movie theater film shown with low frame rates giving it a seemingly broader scope

>watching streaming video
Kill yourself.

do you think that 35mm projection was equivalent to 420p?

you can drink at home too but people still go to bars

i still go cinema for action movies.

no i can't be arsed to spend and maintain a home theatre system.

I feel like those are two different situations though. Drinking at home is fucking depressing. Watching a movie at home is just you not spending $12 to watch something you can watch at home.

People like watching movies in high quality. Unless you have a home theater, people will go to the theaters for high quality experience

hahaha why did that even trigger you?

Now, if you wait for torrents. The delay is trivial.

This. Theaters add nothing I need and much I dislike.

I watch movies and TV series on my Moto G and I LIKE it.