What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hWnAqFyaQ5s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

He doesn't make for a very convincing chinaman.

Care to explain that image? What am I looking at here?

More like what went right!

It was literally too deep for the average movie going audience.

After watching this movie multiple times I gained appreciation for this movie's existence

That's a pretty good Jekyll to Hyde transformation

It sucked. Deep my ass, it's bad

It's the worst song played on the ugliest guitar

Progressivism notwithstanding, I liked it.

>The weak are meat, and the strong do eat
What did he mean by this?

>entire movie is anti-white propaganda
No thanks. If you think i'm joking go watch it again. Basically every single white person in the movie is some kind of crook, bad guy or incompetent buffoon. Every person of color is a heroic brave person and the very end of the movie is "hurrdurr humanity is better off on another planet building nigger mud huts and telling stories around a camp fire like africans!"

I'm enjoying this, and I enjoyed the movie

some neat shit they did there

>stormfront whining about cloud Atlas

You think you've seen it all...

It's funny how the whites and asians can be any race but niggers just stay niggers

le b8 face

try not being a weirdo

>entire movie is anti-white propaganda

Also tranny propaganda.

Did people seriously overlook the fact that immediately after chopping his dick off, Larry Wachowski directs a movie where males have their "souls" "reincarnated" as females in another world?

Did people seriously deny that this was blatant immature wish-fulfillment on his part?

its based on a shit book

Keith David has slant eyes in that one shot

>try not being a weirdo

david mitchell's a good author, you're just a pleb

I'm not even racist. I'm just annoyed by obvious propaganda films. Whether it's pro-white, pro-black or pro-chinese. If you have to make your point by demeaning, shaming and embarrassing other people you did a shit job as a writer/director/etc.

I can't even watch most kung-fu movies because the strong anti-western slant. Jet Li's Fearless had a scene in it where some spear fighter from the west breaks his own weapon out of frustration which is beyond stupid. The fencer also did shit the "best fencer" would never fucking do. All to make Chinese Jesus look more heroic in every way.

Hugo weaved when he shouldn't bobbed.

i hated le good negro slave character. he was soooooo wise.

>david mitchell's a good author
t. goodreads enthusiast
i can't imagine how shit your taste in film must be mate

Pretty much this.

The film evokes melancholy in me seeing how sad some of the characters existences were but I'm a total sucker for reincarnation storylines and souls connected eternally.

Deviated too far from the book and Halle Berry was horrible

>deep my ass
Sure it is, not as deep as the movie, that's why you didn't get it.

Halle Berry was a white woman...or a lighter black woman.

Sadly, the directors were severely mentally ill.

Let's not pretend Halle Berry is black now

>halle
>black

what are the odds that two siblings would both be born male, but felt they were really female?

It's based on one of the greatest modern classics there is. So fucking glad they kept the ending monologue in its entirety.

172 minutes of movie stars in bad makeup reciting platitudes out of fortune cookies.

I dont understand this. like, the first brother comes out and is trans, ok whatever fine. Why then does the second brother not come out right there? HE knows its acceptable now that his brother has done it, why do it later? Fucking publicity whores.

wew what are 'good books' then man

Well she sure as fuck ain't white.
Well it's happened twice already so as far as I know 1/4500000000

>he doesn't know what happened to larry and what made him do it
it was his dominatrix gf

You're the same pleb from the other day who didn't get snowpiercer

Pretty high assuming there's a genetic basis for it.

>anti-white propaganda
in case the fact they used yellowface and pissed off the whole of tumblr etc. wasn't enough to give you the hint, the Wachowskis are more concerned with spiritualism than egotistical identity politics. One of the very first scenes in Sense8 is the tranny character calling out a bunch of tumblrinas on creating more divisions in society instead of bringing people together. And Lana did a whole speech at some event talking about how American black culture encourages homophobia and shit.

Their works may often be substantially less than perfect but they have incredible balls (kek) to even try and pull off half the stuff they do and in that sense they're based enough to earn my respect.

>both snowpiercer and fucking cloud atlas
Holy shit, embryo

Are you deschi? No one on this board can have taste this shit still

figuring out your own identity is a complex process

anything's racist if you ignore or explain away any thing to the contrary. what about the good normal white people, or the degenerate asians

Kek, I knew it

>I'm not even racist

Stopped reading there, this is bait.jpg etc.

Larry at least makes a half decent woman. Andy looks like a fat dude in a wig.

Can't win with fucks like you. Say you aren't racist? That makes you racist. Don't mention it at all? You're racist! Say you're racist? Well of course you're racist!

You made your decision from the moment I pointed out a totally legitimate point you didn't want to hear.

Sorry embryo, but I have discussed Snow piercer since 2014 when you tried to claim it was good

elaborate?

>RABBLERABBLERABBLE

stfu bigot cunt

Apart from The Matrix, the only "good" The Wachowskis........sisters....did.

HAVEN'T*
The funniest thing was when you tried to pull the its only bad because harvey winburger cut a bunch of stuff out when he didn't

>Andy looks like a fat dude in a wig.
Well, he is

Get pegged long enough and you get conditioned into thinking you're a woman?

>cunt

Fucking sexist pig

It's past your bedtime, grandpa. How about you lie down and dream about back when America was "great".

i don't know but its one of the worst movies of 2012 right after seven psychopaths and duhjango

Pure kino.

Not that guy but you've got me pegged.

But I mean, is he even making any effort to transition? Hormone therapy, dick decapitation, exercise?

Larry went full into it, but Andy just looks like he just decided one day he was a woman, bought a wig at goodwill and called it a day.

Appreciate the post. Rare to see sensibility around here.

How do you pronounce kino?

Key-no?
Ky-no?

Hurrdurr all old people are evil bigots.

It's a movie about resurrection and other basic shit like good vs evil.

There's nothing "deep" about it. It's a good movie, but come on.

Nothing. Film was great.

I would fuck 1930's Ben Whishaw.

No that would be Bounce
Not-this-pleb-trash

I thought it was more about the way we keep making the same mistakes

I haven't even figured out yet if it's an automatic word filter or if everyone is self-meming, I haven't been brave enough to try.

same, most definitely

no homo though

Again, that isn't a particularly "deep" concept.

It wasn't a bad movie, but it isn't hard to understand either. The thing I remember liking the most about it were how the transitions between each separate story were shot.

A guy I used to hang out with loved this movie, and when I pointed that out he practically shit himself.

Same guy, yeah, I'm not the least bit gay or bi-curiuos, but he is attractive as fuck in this movie.

Holy kek, this flew entirely over my head when I saw cloud Atlas

I really like the guy in general

But yeah he looks fucking amazing in this movie

>No that would be Bounce
fucking christ
boung*

The character Switch in the Matrix was originally a man IRL and a woman the Matrix lol

The only authors of the last 100 years that have a hope of being remembered are Thomas Pynchon and Cormac McCarthy.

David Mitchell won't even be a footnote and there are thousands of modern authors that are far better than him despite being very shitty themselves.

Cinematography
cine
cinema

You sure it was not woman IRL and man in the Matrix?

Honestly, given that you missed the point of it so completely I don't think your opinion is worth much

>figuring out your own identity is a complex process
I'm pretty sure you meant to type, "Mental illness is degenerative."

>nothing
Fucking lel
it is you isn't it deschi

Get some fucking taste already, kid

>basic shit like good and evil
And tying that into pushing past boundaries that didn't exist until someone crossed them.
The movie is fairly explicit but it certainly doesn't hold the viewers hand. Most of the message is delivered in repetition. The stories share pretty deep themes but seeing them side by side brings them to the surface. it is the narrative format which makes the themes accessible, all credit to the author.

V for Vendetta was decent.

>Ernest Hemingway

Does it even matter at this point? lol

Hemingway is one of my favorite authors but I don't think his work will withstand the test of time like many of the true greats.

Whatever you think, you've got to admit that was one of the greatest trailers of all time.

youtube.com/watch?v=hWnAqFyaQ5s

more than decent imo, it was a solid adaptation that simply brought the political context up to date with the post-9/11 world for greater relevance.

Hemingway, unlike many of his peers, is famous for his persona as much as his work. He'll endure for his literary contributions, and will endure due to the fact he's a global icon of masculinity.

David Mitchell's first four novels were great. I really thought he would develop into something phenomenal. For me, it feels like he's sort of petered out. The Thousand Autumns of Jacob De Zoet and onwards have been pretty limp. The Bone Clocks was awful, moreso for its attempt to bind all of his previous works together.

I'll still check for his releases, but I feel like he's on the downward trend.

Shit source material

I feel like there's something missing
I can't not feel like the credits scene should have been an actual scene with some narration and the fantastic music they used
I don't know it is for me the definition of an almost great movie

anyway
is there any other movie about reincarnation, soul mates and shit?

I wish they didn't cut every story inter spliced into a giant cluster fuck. If you tell each story from start to finish you'd realize how shitty and boring everything really is.

>If you take away a major element of the film it's not as good

apparently there is a 4-hour cut of cloud atlas that netflix really wants the rights to

since i love this movie, i'm going to go with "cut an hour of kinographie"

Wait, what? Source? This better be true, it *felt* like some stuff was missing e.g. any kind of arc for James D'Arcy and Ben Whishaw like the other major characters had.

exactly how I feel it is so fucking close to being a really really great movie it is frustratring to me