What's the musical equivalent of raymen noodles?

What's the musical equivalent of raymen noodles?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4qKJS-8bzoA
youtube.com/watch?v=KnwOufMjZVw
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mac_DeMarco
youtube.com/watch?v=AmMtCGs5wAc
youtube.com/watch?v=VBlFHuCzPgY&t=4s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Gangnam style

Really shitty EDM?

People who read/watch music reviews, and Kanye fans

Completely lacking substance as people, and they get salty as fuck if you point this out to them.

Kanye West

basic unimaginative shit wrapped in plastic with salt

sometimes featuring vegetables and seaweed

talk about projecting lmao

>basic unimaginative shit wrapped in plastic with salt

Sounds like Chvrches to me.

Jangle pop

Something that was legitimately revolutionary at the time of its creation but is now mostly known for being enjoyed by college kids and lacking in real substance (but can easily gain that when mixed with other things) while still being quite palatable, and is a lot older than most people realize.

this
like /bleep/ shit

whoa dude watch out for Brandon, don't talk shit about chwrches here

what an oddly specific comment

so is it okay if I mix the byrds and chris watson and yes and merzbow

is that enough substance and variety for you

saying shit like this makes you look like a pleb senpai

>saying shit like this makes you look like a pleb senpai

Arguing with trips and blowing comments on genre exploration out of proportion as hyper-eclecticism, especially regarding a genre as insubstantial as jangle pop, makes you look like a sen plebpai.

youtube.com/watch?v=4qKJS-8bzoA

>blowing comments on genre exploration out of proportion as hyper-eclecticism
lmao

I'd agree with you but I don't think jangle pop is very popular with college students anymore. Unless you're also counting stuff like Mac Demarco.
Best jangle coming through:
youtube.com/watch?v=KnwOufMjZVw

Quality trips

Jpop

macaroni demarco isn't even remotely close to jangle pop

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mac_DeMarco
Well, not in the traditional sense of bands like The Feelies or REM but he does get the label applied to him.

Max Martin's music.
Its a guilty pleasure to consume it.

guilty pleasure or not, Max Martin's music is not jangle pop

Accessible top 40 music

Trap music

i like the way u project user

Elevator muzak. Cheap and made for everyone.

All popular music.

neutral milk hotel

cause you keep going back to it

youtube.com/watch?v=AmMtCGs5wAc

But people actually enjoy ramen noodles

People enjoy elevator music
youtube.com/watch?v=VBlFHuCzPgY&t=4s

K-pop

Foo Fighters or Sublime

My reasoning:

It has to be lightweight and low-value, but something that many people still happily take sustenance in. Muzak kind of fits the bill, as stand-in / filler food, but people don't really actively choose muzak for home-listening, and I want to think more of the demographic and context too. With this in mind, I wouldn't say smooth jazz either because that's a sound more for middle aged yuppies who actually consider it 'classy' or 'mature', whereas ramen is something more for slackers/losers/'white trash' in their teens and twenties.

This demographic wouldn't usually be the most affluent, so I'll rule out landfill indie or other college kid music. Trap I wouldn't say because, 'real music' stupidity aside, a lot of people consider trap good music, including me. EDM - not good electronic music - but the really tepid stuff might be a contender... but a lot of it is too 'exciting' to be ramen... ramen is more boring. I also wouldn't say generic shit like kpop because kpop is too 'sweet' / sugary.

So I'll go for the most dull, low-entry bands that a lot of suburban and low-standards people often happily reach for: Sublime and Foo Fighters. I could say similar bands that are clearly even shittier, but they don't have the staying power and devotion that a standby like ramen has.

Think this is actually the right answer.

Dirty, raw, cheap but still so good