So where were you when you finally realized this was awful

So where were you when you finally realized this was awful

Nowhere, because it isn't.

in what way? seriously. This contrarian mentality bullshit is so fucking boring now

are you implying Danse is awful?

If you're implying Danse Manatee is bad so help me...

No.

I'm not, but it's not as good as MPP.

I still like it, for more strictly ambient/noise reasons.

Is this a mu meme or something?
I thought the majority of people with ears considered this album weird and not good. Isn't it contrarian to like it?

>b8

I can understand the album doesn't click for people, which is probably why there are people like OP that post this stuff.

no for real
most people think anco are fucking strange and aren't into them
I'm pretty sure you've just redpilled yourself into thinking that they're impossible to dislike

in philosophy class and i see my prof texting phone buzzes i check it he catches me takes me to another room tells me to open it (mpp_no_go)

i played feels in the car to my normie edm friend and he turned the volume off and said it sounds like high pitched screaming

but that album in particular is accessible

that's what lures people into them

Who cares what other people think? It's just psych pop, it's perfectly possible to dislike it

I did an album tournament and it only made it to the third round

Then I did an individual song tournament and it only made it to the second round

Out listening to this.

lol

it's trash, boys, save a few tracks

Essplode and the Round Ball one are great

best album of our time

totallly
I was just saying it's ridiculous to assume that nobody dislikes it

There's nothing that nobody likes and there's nothing that nobody dislikes.

Move on with your life.

Why, because p4k told you? I think it's pretty great. It only starts losing steam around Bad Crumbs, which is short enough to be admissible, and The Living Toys which is too long and drags.

But it picks up with Throwing the Round Ball and coasts until the end

It's real flaw is in the production, though I think the thin sound kind of works with it, like in Spirit. And Meet the Light Child is one of the greatest AnCo tracks

What is actually bad about it, in your opinion. One thing that I think some people could see as a flaw is the long, wandering structure of some of the songs, like Meet the Light Child, the Living Toys, and Ahhh Good Country

But I don't really get why people hate it so much

it's geologist's favorite album i heard.

>Why, because p4k told you?
Nah cause I listened to it, multiple times, various ways. Haven't you?

of their stuff (and as far as i know of only that which he was involved with) that is

Yeah, and I like it. Did you only read the first sentence of the post?

He had a lot of influence on it, I think. It's similar in form to all of the solo stuff he's done, which is like 3 songs. Geo is a pretty underrated member

>Did you only read the first sentence of the post?

Yep. If you're going to start by insulting me with such aggressive assumption, why am I going to show you any courtesy of finishing reading your post?

If you want a real answer, the best way I can describe it is that having listened to over 250+ albums in the last year or so, Danse clearly stands out as one of the worst...probably in my bottom 10. The first three tracks are just abrasive awfulness. Essplode is alright. Meet the Light Child drags too long. Round the ball is alright. Living Toys drags too long. Ahhh Good Country is kinda alright, but it's faded for me through the years. Lablakely Dress and in the Singing Box are my favorites off of Danse, but by this point, they cannot save this album.

For me it comes down to basic comparison to what all I've listened too. It's not sonically pleasing most of the time. Do I need to be any more specific than that? Sounding "good" is pretty fundamental for music that I enjoy

explain how it's trash without buzzwords or
>MUH

>For me it comes down to basic comparison to what all I've listened too. It's not sonically pleasing most of the time. Do I need to be any more specific than that? Sounding "good" is pretty fundamental for music that I enjoy

Danse doesn't do that.

in some parallel universe I guess because it's a good album

>The first three tracks are just abrasive awfulness
Maybe the first two, but Another White Singer, abrasive? It's just drums, bass, and vocals. Essplode and Singing Box are way more abrasive than that. And I personally don't think that Meet the Light Child drags, as it's dynamic and mobile, it doesn't stagnate itself on one idea like Living Toys does.

But "sonically pleasing" is completely subjective. I think a lot of tracks on DM are pleasing to the ears, highlights include the voal harmonies in Essplode, the last three and a half minutes of Meet the Light Child, Bad Crumbs and Throwing the Round Ball, and The Living Toys, despite it not being a very good song in my opinion.

I'm not saying it's their best but it's not "trash"

sounds good to me

MPP was one of the top indie albums of the 2000's. Anyone who was into 'alternative' music in that era probably heard and liked My Girls at some point.