Post your top 5 or 10 of the 1990s

I think this is one of the funner decades to talk about

1. The Old Place (Godard & MiƩville, 1999)
2. Level Five (Marker, 1997)
3. Life, and Nothing More... (Kiarostami, 1992)
4. A Brighter Summer Day (Yang, 1991)
5. The Hedge Theater (Beavers, 199?)

That picture looks like cringey Facebook shit

And MTV started dying in the mid 90s

>And MTV started dying in the mid 90s
lol not really

I mean, unless you're just speaking quality-wise.

Am I a 90's kid if I was born in 97? I like a lot of 90's shows and movies.

I think so. I was born in 98 and consider myself a 90s kid.

No you are a millennial.
same goes with
You're both too young to have remembered the culture while it was still happening.

people who were born as early as 81 are millennials you dork

I was born in 89. I remember ton of shit. I also lived abroad. That movie 'Ronin' was on replay a lot when I managed to rent it from the library.

No. People born in the 80's are 90's kids.

still a millennial.

If you identify as one, sure.

Question for oldfriends: if I was born in 95, am I a 90s kid or an 00s kid? Cause I remember a lot of stuff that "only" 90s keedz would remember still lasting from like ~2000-2006.

I've heard people say the 00s were "the last fun decade to be a teen in". I mean, even though I was mostly a teen in 2010-2012, I was also technically a "teen" in 2008-09...that still counts as pre-widespread social media, right? I know Facebook was invented in 2004, but it didn't really get popular until 2011; 2005-2010 was the "Myspace era".

The early 2010s still seemed like a different teen experience from today. In high school, I remember the kids would still listen to music like Evanescence and Linkin park, use MySpace, and thought anime girls were quite simply the hottest thing in the world. Nowadays, most teens are feminine-looking meme spewing faggot pieces of shit, they even think homosexuality should be an acceptable clique in high school.

I just barely, narrowly dodged a bullet, I sorta kinda got some taste of tail-end oldfaggotry...... right?

It doesn't matter. Nobody cares.

Don't treat Sup Forums as an extension of real life.

This is all just for fun, I'm curious to hear others' thoughts

I was born in 1990.

AIM was a really big thing in 2000-2005. Everyone had one. That was the birth of the internet as a hobby for me.

1. "A Tale of Winter" (dir. Eric Rohmer)
2. "The White Balloon" (dir. Jafar Panahi)
3. "Metropolitan" (dir. Whit Stillman)
4. "Pecker" (dir. John Waters)
5. "Everyone Says I Love You" (dir. Woody Allen)
6. "Sue" (dir. Amos Kollek)
7. "Embracing" (dir. Naomi Kawase)
8. "Close-Up" (dir. Abbas Kiarostami)
9. "Slacker" (dir. Richard Linklater)
10. "Little Odessa" (dir. James Gray)

Is Rohmer's later stuff much different from his 60s movies?

been meaning to get into Kawase

Wouldn't AOL or Yahoo make more sense than Google? They weren't really used until the early 2000s anyways.

no faggots. You don't know shit about the 90s

You were fucking 2 in 99.

I was born in 88, I know the fucking 90s. I remember the news reports of the Oklahoma city bombing live. My dad was 18 when I was born, there was a NES in my house since birth.

No. The cut off for 90's kid is 80-89, If you were not at least 5 years of age for at least half the decade, you are not apart of it. You aren't even building solid memories yet.

I remember my parents renting Jurassic Park and that I walked into the living room right as the scene with the raptors in the basement with Laura Durne came on and scared the shit out of me. I also remember crying when I watched Short Circuit. My first video game was Earthsiege 2. My first masturbatory experience was watching Outlaw Star hotsprings episode with Aisha topless. I remember my mom felt bad that my dad didn't get me or my sister anything for Christmas because he spent his bonus on matching motorcycles for him and his new wife, so my mom took us both to Best Buy and got us each our own Gameboy Colors using the money she had been saving to take us camping in the spring.

guys I don't give a fuck whether you're a 90s kid. Just post your favorite 90s movies.

>Facebook was invented in 2004, but it didn't really get popular until 2011; 2005-2010 was the "Myspace era".

What? When I was a junior in HS (08-09), all the hipster/rich kids were already ditching Myspace and going to Facebook, pretty much as soon as you didn't need a college (.edu) email to join (yes, that was a thing for all you youngfags).

Maybe a few trashy scene sluts hung onto Myspace for a bit, but it was clearly dying by the late '00s. I think that all the third wave social media (Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram) were the ones that exploded after 2010 when everyone in HS started getting smartphones. Not sure, because this was after my time.

I can only say that nobody used those sort of apps when I was a senior. Also, most girls I knew in 2010 just used Tumblr to reblog fashion photos and inspirational quotes. It wasn't political at all yet.

>My dad was 18 when I was born,
yeah white trash matters, right ?

CheezTV was goat.

>youngfag calling other youngfags youngfag

just end your self

If not bait

Then congrats on making the cringiest post I've ever seen

unless you had this album, you ain't a 90s kid.

it's just that simple.

>google in the 90s

wew

I had that and I was born in 1996 soooo...