Since Sup Forums is hopeless. Can Sup Forums explain to me what the actual fuck was going on?

Since Sup Forums is hopeless. Can Sup Forums explain to me what the actual fuck was going on?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ho07Ag6lV9g
youtu.be/6lazXg2pAXk
youtube.com/watch?v=KxZ01ncJ7qs
youtube.com/watch?v=gGrYf8GHJgI
youtube.com/watch?v=700I5J_305I
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

have you seen the rest of the series?

have you watched the series

It's not even that complicated. They explain what's happening several times.

Finished EoE and I don't understand a single thing. Why did Shinji strangle Asuka?

Fuck off Hillary
Stop making Eva threads on Sup Forums you fat cow

Are you a pleb? If you can't understand something as simple as Evangelion you probably should just watch Marvel capeshit so you can stuff popcorn in your face while laughing at mindless quips.

Hedgehog dilemma of what happens in the show and concludes in the movie.

Girl likes boy, she keeps giving him obvious advances but grows frustrated since boy is too fucking naive to notice. Thus she keeps getting hurt.
This could be solved if they had proper communication.

Boy likes girl but is too scared of getting rejected/getting hurt by her. To the point of perceiving her as a hate machine in his own mind – because of her frustrations that are unknown to him.
He is only capable of telling her how he feels and what he wants when she is incapable of saying no.
This could be solved if they had proper communication.

During Instrumentality fuck up, boy goes again to girl in desperation. The girl "how he perceives her on his mind" rejects him and hurts him as he expected her to do so. He explodes in frustration and strangles that which makes him weak and suffer.

Once the Instrumentality fuck up is finished. Boy sees the real girl on the beach and hurts her on impulse believing that the girl that he perceived on his mind during instrumentality is how the girl really is.
Girl on the beach reaches for his warmth – shows him kindness - despite being hurt by boy.
In this case plainly referencing the hedgehog dilemma in which hedgehog A gets close for warmth to hedgehog B, without giving a shit about being hurt. Thus ending the dilemma.

Boy feels the sincere kindness and touch that he had so longed and breaks into tears over girl. Thus confirming to the girl that boy reciprocates her feelings.

Girl says: disgusting which could mean:
She is disgusted that she loves a guy like him.
She was aware of what boy said and did during the hospital scene and insulted him as he had asked her and also because she feels repulsed that he jerked to her.

In the end they finally manage to communicate with each other and the walls of frustrations that where been built during the show are gone, leaving them with a very promising note.

t-thanks

>Since Sup Forums is hopeless.

kek. i spent about 20 mins there and never wasted my time again.

almost as bad as Sup Forums.

almost.

>Why did Shinji strangle Asuka?

To make sure she was real.

its either this or shinji just confirming his reality, the world he choose to live in at the end, where he could get hurt but it was better than scaping for ever, and he breaks in tears when he sees that asuka doesnt reject him, maybe he felt like a huge asshole for letting instrumentality happen in the first place

Sup Forums is fine, it's just not an entry level board like Sup Forums so we don't humor dumb questions there.

i hope you are being ironic pham

The Rebuild movies are actually a direct continuation to EoE.

>There's more
Fuck this shit i'm actually done with mindfuckeries.

In his own autistic way

To be honest Sup Forums is just bad for anime discussion. I assume this is because anime fans are terrible people. I know I am. I just hate everything and everyone thus I shitpost and laugh all day on Sup Forums because anime can rarely be discussed in anyway other than shitposting, it's usually too targeted to a certain fetish or just makes no logical sense that can be split and talked about and it shouldn't be. pic related, typical anime face I post while shitposting.

Because Mr. Anno knew that him doing so would leave many idiots like you confused and guarantee his work be discussed well into the future. The act itself is meaningless.

2deep4u

Don't forget.. Evangelion its a story that repeats itself Evangelion its a story that repeats itself Evangelion its a story that repeats itself Evangelion its a story that repeats itself Evangelion its a story that repeats itself :')

those movies are more pleb-tier, so if you want to get rid of mindfucks you should watch those, they re-tell the story of the series adding some new shit, either way, nothing is better than the original series+end of eva

Yes, they're

all my shitposting on Sup Forums is contained to Jojo threads.
I haven't really even watched any anime in a while I just like to shitpost

Explanation video.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ho07Ag6lV9g

So why is there a giant woman on the sky?

That feel when you found Sup Forums in late 00's and they tricked you into watching anime, even though the only good shows are Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, Berserk, and LoGH if you have autism. I feel violated.

eva, flcl, lain and mushishi are good picks too m8

Eva is so overrated. Also there is that gory show with naked lolis that was huge back then but I can't remember the name.

>everyone gets turned into Tang
What in the actual fuck? You stupid nerds actually watch this trash?

higurashi?

i think he got confused with elfen lied

its a purposefully ambiguous
you should just think about what it means on your own

2deep4u

A GRAT MAN XDD

that's it

here

TV ending was much simpler film was over the top

For plot, which is actually less important to the film than it seems, read the Eva wiki.

For everything else that the movie and tv series are actually known for (character development, exploration of the human condition, being schway as fuck), try rewatching the series while incredibly depressed and preferably going through drug withdrawals at the same time. Watching it immediately after ending a horrifically fucked up relationship that went three years longer than it should have is also a good option, and will help you appreciate the true kino that is EoE.

>Breaking-Bad-Nazi.png

why

actually this

Because I didn't rename the file ya dangus

>tfw one digit away from quints

If you want to know what Anno was getting at rewatch episode 26 since it's about as candid as the man will ever get.

EoE is more of an experiment in how kino he could make a story about teenagers piloting bio-mechanical ultramen as a metaphor for his own personal experiences with depression.

If you want the actual plot that's not too hard. The whole series had been building up to instrumentality, or turning all of humanity into one consciousness. Humanity as a whole rather than human beings as islands. All the fighting was over how this would go down. SEELE, using the JSDF, wanted to control instrumentality as they saw human existence in its current state as a miserable mistake and hoped to transcend to a god-like state by directly controlling the process. Gendo wanted to control instrumentality as a means of reuniting with his sort-of-dead wife whose soul was inside Unit-01 all along. Rei and Kaworu were just tools needed to complete the process, and Gendo had all he needed to make it work when his tools turned on him. Rei decided that Gendo was kind of a selfish asshole so she left humanity's future in the hands of Shinji, who she considered kind and selfless. However since Shinji was so fucked up he decided that he was done with life and would rather reduce humanity to a sea of tang than keep going.

Then at the end he changes his mind and decides to stop being tang. Then Asuka does too. Then he chokes her because he has no idea what the fuck's going on or how he feels about anything. Then she touches his face and this small display of affection/intimacy/humanity is enough to completely ruin him so he starts sobbing like a bitch.

why are Japs so bad at storytelling?

2deep4u

Anno likes to experiment, both technically and with storytelling. I like how oblique and stylish Eva gets. A straightforward delivery wouldn't have been half as interesting.

Is the final part of rebuild out yet

>13 hour story + movies to tell story
>still makes no sense
wow so deep

>maybe 13 the first time I watched Evangelion
>when EoE finished, I just kind of got up from my computer and went and sat on the couch for a while
>not really thinking or feeling anything

Makes sense to me, maybe you're just retarded. And there's no inherent skill in brevity, Ernest Hemmingway was a hack.

>r/envagnelion
holy shit m8 at least crop that out

Yea I'm sure 50 years from now schools will be assigning the Evangelion script over Old Man and the Sea.

>going from seeing the first couple eps of Eva to EoE cuz my older sister was showing it off.

>finding it completely depressing but still somehow comforting.

>Never forgetting that initial flabbergasted feeling at the seemingly hopeless ending.

so its basically that smiths song through a sci fi lens

>analysing script in an audio-visual medium
Why would anybody do that. You can't appreciate 10/10 best girl character design in print. And do schools look at Old Man and the Sea?

I think of it as this song: youtu.be/6lazXg2pAXk

watching the entire series then EoE for the first is an experience for real though

the misato scenes really get me to this day

wich one?

also, thread's theme:

youtube.com/watch?v=KxZ01ncJ7qs

I can whack off to Asuka and read Hemingway at the same time

this is a gem too tbqh

youtube.com/watch?v=gGrYf8GHJgI

girl afraid youtube.com/watch?v=700I5J_305I
not so much now that i think about it but it's what came to mind immediately

>She says
>He never really looks at me
>I give him every opportunity

FLY ME TO THE MOON

>63 replies
>one massive faggot to start it all
Good thread

Sage

bump

>>>reddit

This is a better explanation than you will ever get on Sup Forums, where half the anons are shipping and the other half are engaging in headwank.

sup Sup Forums.

This thread seems to be 2deep4u and you seem to be lost.

Luckily, a nice user such as myself is willing to help you out!

Thanks and have a nice day!

For some reason this thread is making me feel like I'm on opiates

Help. Post more EoE.

I hope you're not pretending Sup Forums is any better

not eoe but close enough

>that massive grandfather clock arm building
Forgot about that but it's making me even more light headed

Maybe I should see a doctor

>bottom right
;_;

This is such a nice cover but the reality is so fucking jarring

>GNR's massive staring eyes
>split face down the middle

evangelion has to be the most overrated anime ever.
it's fucking garbage. zero deep.
ofc it would amaze the little minds of all the fucking weebs.
>muh religious imagery
>muh psychology
>muh depression

Elfen Lied?

>leaving them with a very promising note.
b-but what about the other people? are they still soup? can they choose to come back to being a human?

But what is the most underrated anime ever? Your answer to this question is the key to everything.

>>muh religious imagery
Anno said it's just there to look cool
>>muh psychology
Psychological anime best anime after SOL shit
>>muh depression
Drink bleach

>being angry because you don't understand something

why don't you drop your ego and realize it's completely within reason to know things others don't while also not knowing things that others do.

>are they still soup? can they choose to come back to being a human?

yes and yes

The Rebuilds are sequels.

Cowboy Bebop 2bh

perfect exhibit of show don't tell when it comes to storytelling

what the hell? I thought the rebuilds were just retellings(aka cash grabs) of the original series?

>Since Sup Forums is hopeless

Why don't retards like you read the archive or use google/bing/whatever?

>Bebop
>underrated
I agree it's a fantastic expample of show don't tell and throwing out exposition in favor of episodic "Noir" storytelling, but it is not underrated

It's kinda both and up for you to decide really what they are

they're actually interquel paraquels

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

nobody knows and nobody will know until the fourth one comes out in 2025. The ending to the manga, which was kind of an expanded adaption to the series, hinted at a strong link between the lore of the series and some of the new stuff added in the rebuilds.

>Bebop
>Underrated
Wrong answer. The response we were looking for was Cream Lemon.

The archive is no fun. You can't shitpost in an archive.

it's easily the best anime series

the fact that it's even in dispute lends to the underrated argument

My problem with the series is that it spends too much energy on the psychology and philosophy and doesn't ever really flesh out the meat and potatoes sci-fi elements. I thought that the whole concept of these proto-god like beings scattered across the cosmos by some unknowably ancient alien race was really neat. The scope of it all and potential was awesome, but it's never explored and just sits in the trunk while we watch a story about an extremely whiny kid struggle with his place in the world while piloting a biomech.

It was just really underwhelming for me

Seele finally have the conditions to conduct The Human Instrumentality Project after having Nerv finish the last Angel, but with Gendo having put instrumentality in his own hands unbeknownst to Seele and with the help of Kaji, using the soul and body of Lilith and the embryo of Adam, Seele use the JIDF to invade Nerv and create an instrumentality by their own design originally planned, to devolve humanity into a singular consciousness free from the human misery in contrast with Gendos plan to reunite with his wife, Yui.

Meanwhile Shinji having a breakdown feels guilty for what has happened to all the people he had grown to love. Asuka was hospitalised, Rei had a new clone, Kowaru betrayed his friendship and Shinji was forced to kill him. All he could do was hide. The JSDF begin their operation and invade the Geofront, killing most of the staff. Before they manage to find Shinji, Katsuragi saves him and convinces him to go to Unit 01 and fight. She gives him a kiss for confidence. Prior to this Asuka was put inside and Unit 02 and sent them to the bottom of the lake to hide. Meanwhile Gendo and the Rei clone are in the room where Lilith is kept, ready to execute his plans for Instrumentality, but is interrupted by Ritsuko threatening to murder him, but is killed in by Rei.

Gendo fuses his hand with the Adam embryo and attempts to fuse it with Rei being inhabited by the Soul of Lilith. Things were going according to his plan until Rei rejects Gendos wishes and instead takes control of it herself. She then fuses with the body of Lilith and creates an Rei-Adam-Lilith god like creature. Unit 01, along with Shinji, become the catalyst of the ritual in conducting the Project. Third Impact occurs and The Human Instrumentality Project is complete. All humans have invisible AT fields that separate us from other people. The Rei-Adam-Lilith hybrid uses an Anti-AT field to destroy our AT fields and create a singular entity free from the blights of existence.

Cont...

It wasn't about the aliens and the protogods.

That would make for an interesting OVA though

>doesn't ever really flesh out the meat and potatoes sci-fi elements

Because it's ultimately unimportant in the grand scheme of things. Why waste time on it? This is why plebs get angry about the TV finale and ignore the actual good aspects of it.