I've heard a bunch about Death Grips and I've always wanted to listen but didn't know where to start

I've heard a bunch about Death Grips and I've always wanted to listen but didn't know where to start...

start at pic related

Start from the beginning. You can see how their sound slowly changes

This is the only answer, it's not like their discography is so hulkingly massive that it'd be hard to figure out where to start anyway for chrissakes

i don't get it. how is there a store that sells money? just what are they getting at?

This.
I don' know, I didn't like Exmilitary the first time.

True, at first listen it feels like a lot thrown at you, but I feel like it's Death Grips stripped. Later they get a little more experimental and try stuff out, Ride gets more conceptual with lyrics, but Exmilitary feels like they are bones of the group; rough, aggressive, up front and to the point. After that, it kind of gives you the embodiment of the group while they continue different approaches.
Plus, when it came out, it was pretty big and caught a lot of attention. Nobody expected what would come next and after that, etc.

>feels like they are bones
*the bare bones

It's called a bank

If any record of theirs is stripped then it is NLDW. They said that this was the sound they were looking for when they formed Death Grips.

Start chronologically.

damn...

In this order

The money store > Bottomless Pit > Ex military > Jenny Death > Government Plates > Nigga on The Moon > No Love Deep Web

The thing is though, the reverse of that order is probably the list of best to worst. But you won't appreciate albums like NLDW/NOTM/GP by just diving in there.

the powers that b

Chronologically like any good band

Start with their best work
pic very much related.

>But you won't appreciate albums like NLDW
nldw is one of their most accessible albums

You're detached from the normal world if you're being unironic

this album is how i got into death grips
it was before i discovered Sup Forums so no one convinced me that it's inaccessible

you're deluded
this album is like an extended version of Guillotine which is their biggest hit