Why do so many Germans still like Merkel despite all of the things she's done to the country?

Why do so many Germans still like Merkel despite all of the things she's done to the country?

Other urls found in this thread:

reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-poll-idUSKBN1322J1
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Cucked country will do anything for being cucked.

>2017
>trusting polls
when will you retards learn?

the pos are rigged to force pro immigration legislation

No real opposition.
Merkel is not a good chancellor.
But it is astonishing how the opposition constantly fucks everything up.
Even without a proper election campaign she would win in 2017.

wtf how can nonracist people still exist?? ive been posting so hard in Sup Forums and reddit, why aren't they extinct yet??

She just seems nice t b h

How about we stop listening to polls and wait for the election.

Because she's incredibly competent. I would vote for her too.

Don't forget:
>SPD make Schulz their candidate
>unlike Endsiegmar, people actually kinda like them
>SPD regains some percentage
>yet another Groko incoming

*kinda like him

This. Polls were keep saying that Shillary would win as well.

this, lol

masochism, honestly... can't think of anything else.

We are genetically predispositioned for unquestioning servdom.

Germans love muslim immigrants. That's all.

Because the alternatives are all shit, meme parties. Merkel herself is a less offensive and corrupt Hillary Clinton.

krauts dont think like europeans

Why do so many autists hate merkel despite having literally no knowledge of her actual policies or legal and political circumstances?

There's some shitty things going on in Germany right now, including police being inclined to look the other way when it comes to refugee-related crimes - all because of politics and political agendas. It's understandable German citizens would start getting fed up with it and want to put a cap on the flood of migrants.

On the other hand, Merkel is avoiding what many leaders seem more inclined towards doing, which is whipping their citizens up in a frenzy of fear and violent panic. She's not reacting like an average citizen who only makes knee-jerk decisions on an ad hoc basis. In other words, she's acting like an adult instead of a teenager who only swings left or right depending on what his hormones are telling him.

It's exciting and romantic for a while to have a leader who wants to just be some kind of lone ranger playing by his own rules, but historically it's a piss poor approach to national leadership and policy management. Capitulating to baser instincts and wanting to follow a strongman who cares nothing for civil liberties is literally China or Russia-tier.

And it has a habit of turning societies into terrible, fearful places to live. Corruption thrives in societies like that because transparency and accountability tend to go out the window.

They're smart enough not to flip the table because of a single issue like americans.
>implying 80% of evangelicals voted for trump because of his piety
lel enjoy roe v wade being overturned.

Honestly she's not complete garbage, merkel isn't some corrupt, warmongering cunt like Clinton. She's average, she isn't perfect by no means but it's not like Germany is gone with her leading. Yeah, I know the refugee situation hasn't been handled in the right way, but it's gonna take a lot more than 1 million refugees to destroy germany. Also does Sup Forums not realize they sound just as retarded as the idiotic liberals that say, "OMG trump will kill minorities and destroy America".

If there's one person who's more hated here than Merkel then it's Schulz lol.

I don't know man. I just want it to stop.

This. I would love to have a more competent conservative chancellor but she's the best we can get at the moment. Voting for someome else just because you don't like the current status quo has never led to good things.

This. German citizens are seeing Trump's administration and getting a clear window into what their future could be if they decide to go full AfD.

Whatever one might think of immigration and globalization, trying to turn back the clock and revert to isolationism while erecting ineffectual walls is literally a sticking-your-head-in-the-sand policy.

Isolationism has never worked for any society. Those like Japan and China who successfully managed to seal themselves off from the rest of the world eventually woke up centuries later to find themselves I'll-equipped to handle contemporary challenges that would inevitably force them out of their self-imposed solitude.

i hate how liberal Europe is, but let's be honest all the right wing parties are absolute shit.

sums it up pretty good. and considering our polical system, it is really unlikely that someone else would reign.
The upcoming election is just about what coalition we will have.
>flag
thats a surprise.

>warmongering cunt like Clinton

Odd that Trump supporters keep coming back to this even as their golden boy is clearly provoking war with China.

A sensible opinion from an American.
Colour me surprised.

As opposed to provoking war with Russia, a war that could actually plausibly happen.

where the hell in my post does it say that I'm a trump supporter. I don't think merkel is terrible and pointed how hypocritical and stupid Sup Forums is. Just fuck off you newfag

And they were correct if you consider she won the popular vote

>And they were correct if you consider she won the popular vote

No they weren't, because none of the polls were polling for the popular vote you fucking idiot, why would they poll something that doesn't matter?

Don't worry, that will happen as well when he decides to bomb Tehran.

pretty much this. and on Sup Forums everything she gets is rapefugees. they never talk about any other thing shes done

What are you talking about retard the majority of polls stated she would win the popular vote, it was consistent in that regard

War with Russia might as well be a distant memory under the new administration. Even France is on the verge of lifting sanctions. Instead, Trump is (very clumsily) trying to pull a reverse-Nixon, attempting to court Moscow and eventually bring it into his corner to directly challenge Beijing. It's not going to happen for a swathe of reasons but in the process he's already challenging China's claims in the SCS and entertaining the idea of recognizing Taiwanese independence - both of which will directly lead to war.

Backpedal more.

>What are you talking about retard the majority of polls stated she would win the popular vote

No, no one does polls for the popular vote because the popular vote doesn't fucking matter.

They poll how likely a candidate is to win the election.

Because they not sensitive brain dead children who overeating at the slightest issue unlike Trumpinistanian ?

>despite all of the things she's done to the country?
apart from refugee crisis, what sort of things do you mean?

This to be honest.

>but it's gonna take a lot more than 1 million refugees to destroy germany

They are gonna multiply, ghettoize, vote and demand gibs. Ethnic Germans are not really fond of procreation right now so this will end up in a generation that might be 25% muslim. Germans have brought cancer into their midst.

>Germans have brought

lol

You mean the countries dominating the world markets? How can you cite the country that came back from massive fuckups on both ends. Japan is the tech center of the world and China is the center of manufacturing things. They sell products to the entire world and Japan has done so since ww2. Your post makes no sense, it's just rhetoric to make yourself feel good. China and Japan have recovered from destruction, the latter just doesn't let immigrants full up their safe country and China deals with enough shot from inside as it is

>They are gonna multiply, ghettoize, vote and demand gibs.
That would imply that they become German citizens

>Voting for someome else just because you don't like the current status quo has never led to good things.
??????
Are you saying elections shouldn't exist?

Media and missing opposition.

Except for the AfD all the parties are pretty much the same.
Plus media is telling the people if you vote for the AfD you're a Nazi.

I think the economy is doing well under her. I guess some people care more about having a steady source of income than immigration

gabriel has the charisma of a tin loaf

Now that Trump is president Merkel is the leader of the free world.

I am not saying AfD are nazis, but I am pretty concerned by Höcke calling the holocaust memorial a disgrace

So being nice to a country is pandering and stupid but staying steadfast vs one is corrupt warmongering. Great logic from the guy in beta land

not that guy but tbf you'll have hard time containing these people, nevermind integrating them.

Best hope I can see is EU browbeating multiple north african countries into becoming its Australia.

>Höcke calling the holocaust memorial a disgrace
SPON, please.

It's just his weird way of saying that we should stop feeling guilty, and move forward and make firm decisions without being scared of being called nazis.
He should have gone about it a different way though.

>You mean the countries dominating the world markets?

Are you clinically retarded? You do realize those countries only started dominating world markets long after being forced out of isolation and having to engage the global economy, right?

What else are you gonna do with them? Load them up into wagons and ship them back? All the precious western institutions won't allow you to do that. Bottom line, they might not become citizens but they will still live in ghettoes and procreate. All the while, greens and other leftards will keep on screaming to give them citizenship so they can "integrate" into the normal society. Some of them will marry stupid German girls, others will bring their wives from Africa and Mid-East.

They also polled popularity but I wouldn't expect euros understand how we do things here

most Germ*ns are mentally handicapped

That's nice dear.

Even if anyone gave a shit about polls for the popular vote, which they demonstrably don't because it is a literally meaningless statistic, those polls didn't matter.

Pollsters gave Clinton a 90% chance to WIN THE ELECTION, not to win the popular vote, they were not right in any sense.

As we Germans say, the tone makes the music.
Imagine how our EU allies and other countries are gonna feel when Germany suddenly says "lets forget holocaust, time to move on. Call us nazis if you wanna".

I think we will do the same with them as with the balkan refugees and send them back once their home countries are deemed safe to return.

Refugee crisis is overblown in Europe, I do think they're handling it in the wrong way and they need to be more stern when it comes to this, but Europe is fine. They only make up a really small portion of the population, yes a lot them leech off of welfare and commit crime, but like I said they are only a small portion of population. Nothing makes me laugh more when morons on the Internet try to sound smart and "ahead of the curve" by being over dramatic and saying Islam will rule Europe. Western Europe is still a thriving place. Migrants are only part of highly condensed areas anyway, it's not like if you go to Germany you'll be jumped immediately. Also funny enough, despite Europe taking in lots of refugees, it's still safer than my own country(America). When Muslims start making up over 10+% then we can talk.

>Pollsters gave Clinton a 90% chance to WIN THE ELECTION, not to win the popular vote, they were not right in any sense.
How do you know they were not right?

>Imagine how our EU allies and other countries are gonna feel
who cares?

T. Pechtold

You need to go back and read my post dumbass. Probably the fact that China destroyed their farms and infrastructure is what lead to their delayed growth. Manufacturing made them a big player but to you manufacturing is amazing in China but it sucks in the US. Japan was never isolationist. They have been a major player post ww2 and have the safest country in the world. Stop making up shot to fit your simplistic world view

You know what birth rates are, right?
50 years ago, America was mostly white, now look

You are aware that Germany exports a lot, right?
Do you think it would help our foreign trade if people see us as nazis?

>90%
Nice memory, now I know you're an idiot or worse just negligent. She didn't even get 85%

>guys it's no problem but it will be in 10 years
Kek

Actually German political culture is closer to Russia or China than to the rest of Europe, the main difference is that in Germany they have a highly competent bureaucratic system, while Russia lacks this element (China would be somewhere betwen them in this regard), still the way they treat their authorities is surprisingly similar. Anyone who speaks Russian and German can check main news programs on the DW/ARD and Russian Piervyj Kanal - they basically use the same type of rhetoric speaking about their leaders.

you know that most immigrants to Germany are fellow Europeans, right?

>With hours to go before Americans vote, Democrat Hillary Clinton has about a 90 percent chance of defeating Republican Donald Trump in the race for the White House, according to the final Reuters/Ipsos States of the Nation project.

reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-poll-idUSKBN1322J1

It'll only hurt your relations with britcucks and frenchies. Also israel. Everyone else doesn't care and Arab trade will increase

>it's not a problem yet so let's forget about it

Considering how "great" the second generation of immigrants acts in France, it's foolish to allow in more of them.

Eh, they make up a small portion but when you look at people under 30 ethnic germans will become 50% of the population as far as I understood.
As we are an old world country build on the idea of the monocultural nationstate(even if people do their best to denounce this.) this will severely change the way our society acts and functions in the future.

Most of our trade is with EU.
I dont think Poles, for example, would appreciate if we suddenly said "lol hitler did nothing wrong"

Also, I kinda prefere having closer ties to my fellow Europeans rather than arabs

>using one poll instead of an aggregate
Yep, negligence. Your opinion is now disregarded

>pretty much this. and on Sup Forums everything she gets is rapefugees. they never talk about any other thing shes done
There is no more important thing than this "refugee affair", even if she doubled German GDP it would not compensate what she did to her country allowing them to settle there. This decision will have serious consequences even after centuries.

But Merkel has europe- and worldwide approval.
She has extremely good poll ratings and will most likely score ~40% again next election.

Schulz is hated because he's an asshole and he was an asshole and fucked with the wrong EU-powerblock for most of his career.

Don't believe all the shallow Sup Forumsshit you read. Europeons overhelmingly LOVE Merkel

The media shapes opinion.
Those who control the media control public opinion.

>backpedalling
Every major outlet said she would win peripd

i find it hard to believe

>Japan was never isolationist.

You cannot be this fucking stupid.

I refuse to believe even American education can be this abysmal.

>Europeons

I don't imagine she is well liked in the south and the east doesn't like her either. Which leaves Germany, France, Netherlands, Belgium and the Nordics, That's hardly Europe wide.

>what is the LA times
Trashed

i personally just dont think there is anyone in germany who could do a better job than merkel. Certainly not left of her and most of the leading afd politicians are just an embarrassment. not saying she did everything perfect especially regarding the refugee crisis, but all in all after 12 years of merkel Germany is in a good position, being the by far mightiest economic might in europe.

Nobody would ever say that and you know it besides that calling us nazis is already common sport in our neighboors press since decades.
The most right wing governmenr we ever could have would resemble something eastern european (not russian) and this does not implie any revisionism as long as you keep the retards at bay and simply enforce your interests firmly but not in an insulting way.

>"B-but the aggregate polls only gave her 84%! They weren't off target at all!"

lel

Funny how you argue semantics instead of the topic because you got absolutely proven wrong. You and I both know were talking about the modern post ww2 global economy

everything east of Germany isnt really europe senpai. You can cry all you want in the end you suck Kraut dick for gibsmedats and Schengen access.

>despite
the word you're looking for is "because"

>calling us nazis is already common sport in our neighboors press since decades.
thats nothing compared to what would happen when a German leader would call the holocaust memorial a disgrace.
We only have the influence because we are seen as the good guys. If we went full Trump with revesionism and "Germany First" nobody would follow us

>You and I both know were talking about the modern post ww2 global economy

I wasn't. Nice asspull though. I really liked the part where you accused me of doing what you just did to try and cover your ass.

SLAV'D

rude desu senpai baka

>Actual poll question: Do you support Merkel or do you want to kill 6 million more Jews?

You can't go back to "Germany first" when you made ~28 countries entirely dependent on your economy.

Why do so many Americans still like themselves despite all of the things they've done to the world?

Glad to see someone sensible in this thread.
They're not going back. See us? That's you in 10 years and I'm generous. Kiss ordnung goodbye.