Only 12% of tickets to Rio Paralympics have been sold

If you thought it was tough to host the Rio Olympics, you ain't seen nothing yet.

The upcoming Paralympic Games are suffering from abysmal ticket sales and a lack of sponsors, which is leading to major budget shortfalls and probable spending cuts.

>Just 12% of tickets have been sold for the September event, even though the majority are being offered for roughly $3 each.

Sales are especially poor when you consider that the London Paralympics attracted a nearly sold-out crowd. Organizers had to expand seating to accommodate nearly 2.8 million ticket holders, according to the International Paralympic Committee.

>As it stands now, only 300,000 of the 2.5 million available tickets have been sold for the Rio Paralympics.

Rio 2016 organizers won't disclose how much of a budget shortfall they're currently facing, but Andrada said the Brazilian government and the city's mayor are willing to give an additional 250 million Brazilian reais ($79 million).

The mayor of Rio de Janeiro confirmed he has set aside as much as 150 million Brazilian reais ($47 million) in funding.

However, a judge is currently blocking the transfer of funds, saying the money shouldn't be granted to a private institution that isn't transparent about its finances

Why did we let BRs ruin the Olympics bros?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=F1W77kY-0c8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

JUST

Rio was a mistake.

The banter here might get good.

Why don't they play the game of swingball.

paralympics are a mistake

A-Are they going to boo the paralympic athletes?

Australia was a mistake

>Why did we let BRs ruin the Olympics bros?
Did you ever read the requirements of the IOC?
All the free shit they want?
IOC and FIFA expect to be treated like kings.

>staying in britain was a mistake
ftfy

sorry you lucked out

Nobody cares about the disabled and it's actually quite sad

Your ancestors didn't move to a prison colony by choice lad.

We delaying it so that enough zika babies are older and can participate.

>the London Paralympics attracted a nearly sold-out crowd. Organizers had to expand seating to accommodate nearly 2.8 million ticket holders

tbf hues are savages

Eventhough i'm a duel brit/aus citizen, i admit england is a fucking shit hole. Australia is a literal paradise in comparison

Can I move there? I want to have a pet dingo.

Actually nobody cares about able-bodied too

>However, a judge is currently blocking the transfer of funds, saying the money shouldn't be granted to a private institution that isn't transparent about its finances
>BRs annihilating the IOC
Me gusta.

>gigantic country with fairly low population density
>expecting people from all over the country to travel to Rio to watch something they have no interest in
I sure would go if the venues were in my city but I'm not traveling that far.

Sup Forums is the 24/7 paralympics in shitposting

so lets get this

Australia nearly the same size as Brazil with a fraction of the population. I'm pretty sure >we have the lowest population density on the planet sans Mongolia or something

and >we sold out everything

fuck off you fucking favela monkey. Go munch a banana

>not wanting to attend the hilarity that is Boccia BC3
youtube.com/watch?v=F1W77kY-0c8

Did you forget that we are all poor subhuman monkeys who have no respect? I can't even leave my house without getting shot and you expect me to travel?

No but seriously, the seats are empty because of a huge amount of factors and one of the biggest being that we are in the middle of a recession and couldn't care less about this event we didn't ask for.

It'll just eat your baby

>No but seriously, the seats are empty because of a huge amount of factors and one of the biggest being that we are in the middle of a recession and couldn't care less about this event we didn't ask for.

These are perfectly legitimate reasons. That said, it was still your government that bid for the games and the Brazilian people have to own that.

Sure, the IOC is partly at fault for giving Brazil the games, but really the responsibility is Brazils.

Can't we just skip to Tokyo already?
This is embarassing.

>no demand for the game
>no sponsors want to spend money on it
>Brazil will get blamed because no one actually wants to watch retards and cripples running around in circles

Good point, I would say no

>However, a judge is currently blocking the transfer of funds, saying the money shouldn't be granted to a private institution that isn't transparent about its finances
Hahaha get fucked IOC

If only they'd dome the same to FIFA

>That said, it was still your government that bid for the games and the Brazilian people have to own that.
>corrupt government put in power exclusively by the lower class and northern states
>expecting the upper class of Rio to fill up Stadiums(with expensivĂŞ tickets in case of the regular Olympics)
Not gonna happen, maybe this will teach the IOC not to get greedy with bribes and send the Olympics to some middle eastern caliphate next

>watching paralympic games
>ever

People have better things to do than watching The Pity Olympics™