It's a "pretend that garbage sports like cycling and rowing should even be in the olympics" olympics

>it's a "pretend that garbage sports like cycling and rowing should even be in the olympics" olympics

This thread is just embarrassing

>gymnastics
>can't even be judged objectively like rowing or cycling
>is literally someone's opinion over which midget did the coolest flips

Fucking hell I can see why Americans fly off the handle and get so absolute annoyed when anyone talks about swimming having too many events

This

>leaving swimming in

>american """"""""""banter"""""""""""

dont even give a shit about this pissing contest but any sport that requires judges should not be in the olympics at all its all bullshit and susceptible to bias and corruption

no one's stopping anyone else from competing in those sports lad

git gud

>britbongsits
>sitting down the whole time
>"sport"
lmao i might as well enter the olympics im a professional at sitting down

Boxing has been corrupt as fuck

>scrapping boxing

they did that shit during the original olympics in greece you uneducated ameridumb

58, bike/boat/canoe events

why is this allowed?

Nobody stopping anybody else from sitting down, how about you git gud and stop whinging?

>it's an american gets confused about sports that involve leaving the pool episode.

42376583925192753 Swimming events

I dont mind those, I think a better rule is a maximum of three golds per discipline

>Not counting Boxing
>Not counting one of THE Ancient Olympic sports
Get fucked

>GB
>Gymnastics
>2 Gold
>2 Silver
>3 Bronze

BBC said yesterday they'd won 7 medals but I think it's only 6. What's the 2nd silver? Smith on the pommel and?

>need $50,000 bike to compete in cycling
>need $250,000 canoe to compete in kayaking
>need $1,000,000 boat to compete in sailing
>need $50,000,000 horse to compete in horse dancing

Tell me again, why is this allowed?

Fuck off ameriswim and bow down to your Chinese overlord

agreed. especially versus sports like wrestling and boxing, i mean you can just watch the replay in things like diving and gymnastics and decide which was executed better, but its still shit

also track cycling should have less events

i could agree with swimming having less events but then cut out half of the athletics events too.

Sailing boats used in the Olympics aren't that expensive

>dancing with your horse is a sport in bongland
what the actual fuck

>ameripoors

I thought America was supposed to be the richest and greatest nation in the world? Nobody is stopping you competing

Maybe you should just get good instead of complaining?

Bryony Page on the tramp

>in bongland
he says whilst Germany are by far and away have the highest medal count in Equestrian events

O B S E S S I O N

1. Tell me how the barrier to entry for these sports is fair to poor people and landlocked nations. Protip: you can't.
2. Tell me how 18 bike events and 40 boat/canoe events are okay but 34 swimming events is not. Protip: you can't.

>need $100,000,000 nigger to compete in bouncey ball

1. litterally every sport other than running has some form of barrier to entry
2. No one is saying the amount of bike events and boating event's aren't ridiculous, however, there are 3 copmletely different types of bike events: incline, road and bmx. It is as if you are counting diving alongside swimming just because both involve water.

they should just only do the original greek disciplines

every other meme sport like swimming/cycling/gymnastics should not be included

>Tell me how the barrier to entry for these sports is fair to poor people and landlocked nations

It's about being thenbest in the workd st sports, not wrapping up 3rd worlders in cotton wool and spoon-feeding them events they're good at, yawn.

>Tell me how 18 bike events and 40 boat/canoe events are okay but 34 swimming events is not. Protip: you can't.

18 bike events across track, road and BMX - these aren't disciplines you can easily move across

Lots of sailing events across extremely varied disciplines you can't easily move across, but there are too many of them anyway get rid of most if them along with all non freestyle swimming

depends where you're from

west coast america is big into racing while east coast is more about leisure boats

>Germany are by far and away have the highest medal count in Equestrian events
Germany has 1 gold and 1 silver more in equestrian than GB

A wild nigger appears complaining about the cost of things.

>they should just only do the original greek disciplines
So only swimming, gymnastics, and athletics are allowed then. As an American that sounds good to me!

Swimming isn't an ancient event

They still go for many of the disciplines, and what was fun for the ancient Greeks isn't necessarily good to watch for us. They've gotten rid of lots of things that were in the Olympics in the 20th century, like tug-of-war, polo... fucking "Water motorsports" too.

pone and /mlp/ britburkas need to leave.

>ancient greece
>swimming+gymnastics

really makes you think
(seriously how fucking retarded are you?)

Rowing is literally one of the hardest sports to do, fuck right off

People have been swimming recreationally and competitively for over 10,000 years.

>Evidence of recreational and competitive swimming in prehistoric times has been found, with the earliest evidence dating to Stone Age paintings from around 10000 years ago.

And? It wasn't in the ancient olympics which is what we were talking about

>nobody swam in ancient greece
fucktard. people have been swimming since the dawn of humanity.

>ameriswims

Okay if that's the case then tell me, was cycling, canoe, windsurfing, and horsedancing also not an ancient olympic sport?

And people have been using sails and oars for millennia too but it doesn't stop people moaning about the sailing and rowing events. Infact sailing and rowing has probably changed the world more than anything, certainly more than swimming.

Did you even follow the comment chain at all? The original comment specifically mentions cycling, swimming and gymnastics as not being in the ancient olympics and you've mentioned all 3...

>every other meme sport like swimming/cycling/gymnastics should not be included

Did ancient Greeks even know how to swim? Looks like we learned it from tbe Americas:

While Europeans employed the breaststroke and side-stroke, natives of the Americas, West Africa, and some Pacific Islands used variations of the crawl. Europeans got their first glimpse of this new stroke in 1844, when a group of American Indians was invited to London to compete. Flying Gull bested Tobacco by swimming 130 feet in an unheard-of 30 seconds. One observer noted that the Indians "thrashed the water violently" and compared their arm action to the "sails of a windmill." The British were impressed with the natives' speed, but they considered their style uncivilized.

The overhand stroke was finally introduced to Britain in the 1870s by J. Arthur Trudgen, who noticed indigenous people using the technique during a trip to South America. Upon his return, he began teaching this approach

it's not worth it mate don't talk to ameritards

>cycling and rowing
>garbage sports

USE plz

kek i bet you couldn't even row for 50m, you would immediately start panting.

gymnastics is not a sport though, and swimming has too many meme events

>tennis doesn't count because the yanks haven't had anyone relevant in years

Standing on a boat and adjusting the sails is not a sport.

This

Cheers

For you.

Swimming has 4 strokes. Every normal person swims and uses these.
Cycling has too many meme events... who has a track bike, a mountain bike and all that other meme equipment used in cycling?

How can one country be so GOAT at swimming?

This

This

>Swimming has 4 strokes. Every normal person swims and uses these.
>implying

Breaststroke is for people who just learned how to stay afloat, backstroke when you have to drag something/someone along, and butterfly is a meme. Everyone else uses front crawl.

Also, why are Ameriswims so amazing in the pool but not even competing in 10km open water?

The competitors don't buy their own boats or bikes you turbo fucking mong

This

This

breaststroke is a lifesaving stroke senpai, for when you need to keep an eye on something, and is also very energy-efficient

butterfly is the only meme stroke but it's also the most fun desu

>mfw I enter seven chariots in the chariot race

This

>美国赢了最多的金牌
>但是输了一些
>非常多的眼泪
为什么这样?

Why are Americans so obsessed with us?

literally no one cares about the open water swim

something must be wrong with me bc i find breaststroke 10x less energy efficent than front crawl

>Ameriswims

Why so many swimming events?

Because you guys won't let go.

It's literally been 240 years, like give it a rest already Britshit.

If you've ever been in a pool, like i have, you use all 4 strokes all the time. I even do a screwdriver, half-free style, half-back stroke.
As for the strokes
Freestyle - your best for speed but its a mess, you get water all up in your eyes and mouth the most compared to the other strokes
Breast - you better know how to be good at it if you want to swim underwater. For ex, a car crashes into a lake and you've got to get down there to save a life. Kick like a frog
Fly - the God Tier stroke, feels and looks the most badass. Kick like a dolphin
Back - basically reserve free style - good to know if you're getting tired out from tjr other 3 strokes you have a 4th option that relies on yet different muscles

You really should be good at all four or you are missing out on life. Compare to cycling, I've been an avid cyclist my whole life but all I need is a mountain bike. A track bike is impractical for even urban use (jumping curbs etc) unless you hitch it to your car and drive it to a long biking path

>amerifish

This

Stacked Olympics back from the cold war days. There should be half that amount for swimming.

?

Euro meme. There should be double the swimming events, but they cut out half which isn't fair to those that do non-freestyle.

>implying synchronize swimming is a sport

What is 2016 minus 240?

>watching olympics and caring about medals
>this nigga runs 100m 3 whole seconds faster than your average joe, my dick is so hard

women athletics where it is at, rest is smoke and mirrors

Track cycling has been way more fun than phelpsinslol(swimming) desu. The
Track cycling threads were pretty fun as well unlike the swimming threads, were you had americans just spamming "USA USA USA" and
thinking they had good banter.

Hell if track cycling had 34 events I think Jason kenny would have more gold medals than Michael phelps

I think he meant let what go?

Are you kidding? It's like if they did running 100m, 150m, 200m, 250m etc, then had variants like running backwards or freestyle running.

Phelps is the Olympic stat padder, the fact one guy can get that many medals is testament to the fact all swimming is the same.

this

boo

Every sports where you use an animal, where you are stationnary shouldn't be in the olympics, also women medals don't count desu

This

Well, the devices used in rowing and cycling aren't the same for everyone.

That

Phelps is gone so you don't have to worry about Merica dominace anymore. But for the good of the human race (i have two brothers that were top-tier lifeguards), it's a shame we cut the swimming events in half
There is only one way to run, but 4 ways to swim, so swimming should have 4 times the events as running. We humans evolved for the land. The reason we need four strokes is because we didn't evolve for the water. It would be like an aquatic species needing 4 methods to get across the land. Plus, running added meme stuff like jump over hurdles and run thru water like in steeple chase. Would be like events in swimming where you had to swim thru underwater hoops

>UK has the most diverse gold medals by a long shot
>better make up some metric that paints that somehow in a bad light

literally worse than per capita fags

this.

i have been watching loads of the cycling track racing. those fuckers go really fast, there's a lot of tactics involved, when they bail they absolutely wreck themselves too. it's about a million times more exciting to watch than people swimming in a lane in a pool.