Holy shit, I glad Duncan's dad didn't live to see this shit

Holy shit, I glad Duncan's dad didn't live to see this shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NsXtU0rZkAQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Make a movie 10 years late.
>Wonder why it isn't Avatar.

I never got into WoW because the United States has huge swathes of land where the internet is still too shitty to play it, and my area was included back during its heyday.

David Bowie was a mediocre songwriter and mediocre lyric writer, whose only claim to fame was that he was exceptionally-handsome in an "otherworldly" manner. In essence, he helped largely to bring about the "visual" side of popular music, which started the downward-slide of the quality of music in general. The results today, speak for themselves.

David Bowie is part of the cancer that destroyed music. I hope he died very painfully in return.

>film of the century they said
>omg dat cgi they said
>10/10 they said
fucking kek

He did see that shit.

Doctors believe its what killed him.

>implying Bowie never did anything that was critically reviled
Glass Spider called

>I never got into WoW because the United States has huge swathes of land where the internet is still too shitty to play it
The US and Australia always amaze me. They seem top modern yet tons of places seem to live like it is 1910.

In India some people even seem to live like it's 300 b.c.

Even if the movie exactly as it is now was released ten years ago, it'd still be a pile of shit.

>Labyrinth
>Warcraft

I guess the Bowie-family should stay out of the movies

>people ironically posting RT on Sup Forums

What went wrong?

>What went wrong?

Your conception.

>comparing Labyrinth to warcraft

No.

Feels great to be better than the rest of the country.

>Implying Warcraft won't fail just like Labyrinth yet have a small but loyal fanbase

Okay

Well, the US and Australia both have problems with scale. All the huge (by land area) countries run into it.

You need enough money to build the infrastructure plus connect it to the nearest also large point of infrastructure. In the united states, while we do have fuckhuge cities, there's a lot of people that live pretty spread out from one another. Areas with a low population density are usually last to get infrastructure upgrades and first to have their infrastructure monopolized, and trust law only applies on a national scale.

Many small towns only have one internet service provider that charges Google Fiber costs for basic DSL, and there's not really anything we can do about it. Larger, more advanced companies won't move in due to the town either legislating against it or a lack of a large enough customer base to pay off building the infrastructure, and more people won't move in because there's no infrastructure. It's a cycle of stagnation.

As glad as I am that yet another attempt to assimilate video games into Hollywood has failed
>Rottentomatoes
Actually read the fucking reviews submitted to Rottentomatoes, and by reviews I mean review chunklets ripped from critics blogs. They give out rottens for "it was aieet, good popcorn flick".

The reason blizzard waited so long to do a warcraft movie is because they never actually had as many actual players as they claimed.

>21%

Labyrinth is aggressively unique.

warcraft is regurgitated tolkien and a disservice to the franchise it's attempting to translate to the big screen.

This doesnt make sense.

The franchise was obviously much more popular 10 years ago (or even 5) than it is today. I dont see the relevance of number of players. Nor do I see why that would stop them from making a movie before.

>People will defend this
youtube.com/watch?v=NsXtU0rZkAQ

Don't cry David

;_;

I wonder how much killing that server has to do with this score.

What do you think killed him?

Never in my entire life, have i seen anyone shit so much on their own lore, in such short time. I'm never touching WoW again. Blizzard really doesn't care about staying true to the game anymore.

They were getting bukkaked with investor money based upon the flub/lie/misrepresentation they were pulling several billion dollars a year. They never were. A warcraft movie at the height of wow's popularity would've represented independent verification of wow's numbers if (when) it underperformed. Meaning they could no longer pull that mealy mouthed bullshit about "subscriptions."

Saw it tonight I liked it to be honest. Didn't go in thinking it would be deep or anything and enjoyed it. Had some laugh out loud moments

Same, critics are just butthurt for some reason.

They actually claimed that they wanted to wait until they found the perfect director who shared their vision of what the film should be and could make the absolute best movie possible.

That makes this epic failure even more hilarious.

The problem isn't scale, its population density.

No one wants to lay hundreds of thousands of miles of fiber optic line to service tens of thousands of people. But its okay, as they have a lot of excuses as to why they "can't"

hearthstone has 50 million players pham

Why is RT the go to site for movie ratings? Even Metacritic isn't this unbalanced.

After all that's happened, that's clearly a lie.

There are a lot of reasons to not want to follow in square's footsteps when it comes to a video game movie.

>Rotten Tomatoes
Did anyone actually use that site to know which movie they were going to watch in the cinemas?

IMDB is far more reliable.

Warcraft was a solid 7/10 desu senpai

>2016
>believe to shit-lovers critics who love movies about gay-transgerder black people or smth like deadpool or anything which have "Disney" name on it.
Pathetic, how someone can be that retarded.

Here's your metacritic rating, faggots. Still fucking shit.

Free games tend to have a ton of open accounts, yo.

>IMDB is far more reliable.

Every movie released in the last decade has had thousands of "tens" on imdb before it was possible for anyone to have seen it.

so you're saying that hearthstone isn't popular?

I'm saying 50 million is a drop in the bucket considering there's several billion people with internet access.

And yet imdb is still far more reliable because people vote 1 too without even seeing it.

If I listened to press critics, I'd never watch anything.

>a site where people can spam 1s/10s endlessly
>reliable

son, its time to stop posting.

I PUSH MY FINGERS INTO MY EYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSS

>Finally got first decent movie based on game.
>Finally got good fantasy movie for years.
>Can be begining of awesome fantasy trillogy or series like Harry Potter.
>Can be begning of era of good adaptations of good games
>Best movie of 2016 yet.
>We can lose all of this because of retarded critics, who shit on this so much, because not muh quips, complicated plot and not like LotR.
What a shameful world we live in.

The end result always balances out in the end.

... yea, no, when people are literally being paid to spam tens, nothing ever balances out.

Warcraft had 3000 tens before it even premiered.

A lot of WoW players were banking on this film being successful and giving the game a shot in the arm through a wave of new players getting into the game, that's why they are so mad and defensive about it being a flop.

metzen, you're drunk.

Except it does in the end. The Interview had people spamming 10 because of NK, and look where it is now. 6.6/10, which is a fair rating.

I've only ever used IMDB to judge whether I should see a movie in the theatres or not.

Warcraft I'm guessing will be within the 6.5-7.5 range in the end.

People have spent at least $4320 in hopes of WoW being good one day.

The interview is a fairly obscure movie that had so little marketing they released it for free.

>this film being successful
It already is.

69 million from international markets so far, and chinks will carry it.

>but muh critical murrican reception from 50 years old fat fedora tier film school failures
kek

RT is run by SJW.

>it's falling back into the 10's

Press desperation is real.

The score can go to 1% and it wouldn't affect the box office performance, except in the US, but the US is pretty much irrelevant when it comes to brands like Warcraft.

>desperation
Is it a surprise that people hate a videogame movie?

What exactly is the press desperate for here?

Stop vydiakino of course.

these people don't play videogames, even though videogames are a higher art than books and boring 17th century paintings.

the idea someone actually believes that makes me physically ill

When's it coming out in China?

It's not a matter of belief. It's a matter of fact.

To make a good vydia, you need to be able to write good code, good music, and good writing.

In other words, you need to be a fine programmer, a fine compositor, and a fine writer.

These 3 takes more skills than some painting that some dude thought up overnight.

>69 million
>Successful

Nah, you went too hard. Ya broke the illusion.

There's no subjectivity in video games. Shit gameplay can't be misinterpreted. If it's dogshit, it's dogshit. Fix the bloated code. An error is an error. Not a feature. Can't say the same for book writers (Twilightcrap, ayypotter)

>100 million budget
>total budget is apparently 160 million
>69 million is success
my sides

It's also funny how you can see from the way some people write how it's just the same 10 fatsos the one defending this trash.

Well I haven't heard any counter arguments. I wasn't here to meme my way through.

David Bowie to Duncan Jones
David Bowie to Duncan Jones
Check your tomato meter, your movie fucking blows

So it's going to make the same as Prince of Persia and NFS?
Glad these movies will always be DOA.

IT ALL RETURNS TO NOTHING

IT JUST KEEPS...

If that helps you sleep well at night.

IT JUST...
JUST...
JUST

It's already bad enough, please don't make this any worse

Rotten Tomatoes is run by fat redneck murricans. America also caused the iraq war, which caused isis.

this is why you can never trust RT and their critics. Did you know that more than 80% of registered RT critics also supported the Iraq War?

It's America. Don't worry Warcraft movie will be fine desu.

Brendan
Johnny
Duncan

The JUST League is growing.

it's america

There's a reason people don't argue with things like "ITS ALL A CONSPIRACY TO STOP VIDEO GAME MOVIES FROM BEING MADE." Hell, a lot of reasons.

it's not a conspiracy, but press critics are douchebags who supported the iraq war, so i won't trust their reviews no matter what. heck, i'd even trust random user reviews on Sup Forums instead.

He's right though. Video games is the highest form of art because it contains literally every other form of art, and then interaction on top of that. And not just the three things he mentioned either.

A full-featured video game contains

-Drawn and painted art
-Sculpture, in the form of 3D models
-Animation
-Writing
-Screenplay
-Cinematography
-Choreography
-Musical composition
-Sound design
-Programming

Every other medium is basically a stepping stone on the way to video games.

The final nail in the coffin for Rotten Tomatoes. I used to use it as a theatric bible. but the past few years they've been off. This is the last straw. If you're seriously using RT as a metric for if a movie is good or not IN CURRENT YEAR you need to kys.
Caveat: The movie has lots of problems but it should be closer to 50%. This is clear unadulterated "I HATE NERDY THINGS" bias.

so you're at the point where you're just going to say dumber and dumber shit until everyone else abandons the thread then you can shift into "BETS MOVIE EVA FUG DA CRITICS?"

>''I HATE NERDY THINGS''
>in the middle of the ''lol i'm such a nerd xD'' histeria
Just accept that your shitty videogame movie is trash, blizzdrone.

You're replying to two different people, retard.

>Just accept that your shitty videogame movie is trash
"No"

What are you going to do, now that I've not accepted your proposition? Kys?

If you want to be in denial and think the entire world is in some conspiracy to sabotage videogame movies, to each it's own.

This.

It's extremely hard to succeed in the video game industry.

>it's own.
English is not your first language, m8?

then why are all the "creative" people in the video game industry nothing but people who failed to make it in the film/television industry?

Rovio made 51 games before their first hit, Angry Birds.

People take video games for granted. There's a good reason why no one ever takes video game courses at uni level. It's a degree with very little payoff.

Because their art is not appropriate for movies?

people never take "video game" courses at uni level because anyone who knows dick about video games knows anything the courses can teach were obsolete before the course was even planned. Thus would be completely useless four years later.

then why is david cage trying oh so hard to make literal movies?

>Thus would be completely useless four years later.
What did I just say?

You're better off taking an actual Computer Science degree.

>rovio is a shit developer that only got lucky with a literal clone of a popular flash game.

ya don't say

Because he's French

... nothing about how useless/obsolete "video game" course are?

are you just trying to fill the thread with replies?

Still the first to port it to the ios. Written in objective c. it was a refined version of the flash games that came before. again, proving my point about vydia's constant refining.

I give up. Continue shitting on Warcraft though.
I'm off to play some Overwatch :^)

Video games may be high art in theory, but in practice nearly everyone who works on video games is a talentless hack. That's why, when an actual artist with vision, dedication and money starts making video games, there's a huge chance they'll be successful.

But because it's a new medium and still seen as "for kids", just like animation and comics in America, it doesn't attract a lot of them.