When N. Ireland rejoins Ireland in a year or two and Scotland leaves the Union...

When N. Ireland rejoins Ireland in a year or two and Scotland leaves the Union, will it drain Great Britain's athletic talent for international competition--i.e. do various areas of GB produce most of their athletes? Does Isle of Man provide all your sprinters or something?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-M7xAGvBqdc
twitter.com/SkyNews/status/749852756630908928
youtube.com/watch?v=5B7b5_k8UCM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Majority of the Talent is in England but yeah, it will probably knock off around 6 golds from the total. Wales will need to step up its game but we'll also be more likely to have a GB team playing Football since Scotland is the main reason that doesn't exist at the olympics.

All in all, most people fucking hate Scotland and are indifferent to N.ireland, so having them leave in exchange for losing a couples of medals isn't too bad.

A wales + England combined GB football team would fucking dominate desu.

Why is Scotland the main reason that doesn't exist?

55% of Norn Irish don't want to rejoin Ireland.

Isn't Scotland responsible for a significant amount of your medals?

N. Ireland switching from London to Dublin wouldn't change anything in the short term. If it ever came to pass there would be deals where the Unionists could retain British citizenship and play for Team GB.

I just hear a lot of hot steam about it from across the pond. It's hard to know what kind of deal, if any, would actually happen. But does that mean they could compete for Ireland if they so choose?

There's quite a few Scots in the teams but I think only 2 or 3 individual golds

>when N. Ireland rejoins Ireland in a year or two

They already can.

If you live in Northern Ireland, you get to choose which passport you have. There are numerous instances of sportsmen choosing to represent the Republic despite being born in the UK. The Republic also has very lax rules on who gets to represent them at any sport.

The problem with everything you've outlined in the OP is that it won't happen. The government in Dublin do not have anything like the resources or ability to deal with what would, in the space of a few minutes, become an insurgency. Scotland blew their chance at leaving and will do so again.

as long as a we keep the isle of man one man clan we will still dominate the track events

While I severely doubt Norn Iron will leave the Union over just Brexit I can maybe see Scotland pulling out as well.

Though that largely depends on the price of petrol over the next few years, exactly how badly France/Germany fuck the UK during negotiations, and whether or not Spain can be convinced it won't set a precedent for Catalonia.

more money to invest in sports in eng/wales.

Scotland literally cannot join the EU by themselves, and if they want to secede from the UK with re-joining the EU being their cause, they are absolutely fucking retarded.
They have the highest government deficit in Europe, almost twice as large as Greece, and we are literally the only reason they stay afloat.

They don't have it nearly as bad, whilst being in the UK, as they think they do.

Petrol states still produce Olympic athletes though. Which I'm guessing is what Scotland would be. Their fishing industry certainly went to hell in the last few years.

>it's a yank thinks the United Kingdom is breaking up because his plastic paddy grandad gave the IRA $10 in the 1930s

Jog on

>When N. Ireland rejoins Ireland in a year or two and Scotland leaves the Union
this is what amerifats actually believe

No surprise really. Some of think ireland is where scotland is.

Their reliance on the north sea oil reserves won't do them that good either with the prices of oil plummeting.

Scotland have contributed precisely 14 out of the 50 medals we have so far

Wales have contributed 7 and England the rest bar 2

So actually they're pretty evenly spread for the population, no particular good spots it seems

Most Northern Irish competitors compete for Ireland anyway. Nothing would change.

>When N. Ireland rejoins Ireland in a year or two
Ulster was never part of the Republic of Southern Ireland.

They get forced to by the imperialistic Republic.

I wonder if you're aware that 1/3 of Ulster is currently in the Republic. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say that you aren't aware of it, making you ignorant instead of retarded.

You couldn't pay them to compete for the UK.

When is Southern Ireland going to give the three counties back?

Calling it "Southern Ireland" just makes you sound really butthurt, if I'm honest m8.

Southern Ireland isn't the defacto Ireland

top kek

I wonder if you're aware that 1/3 of Ireland is currently in Britain. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say that you aren't aware of it, making you ignorant instead of retarded.

>1/3
>32 divided by 6 = 3

There's that Protestant education at work again.

KEK

I should also note: "Britain" is that island to the East of us m8.

100% of Northern Ireland is in Ireland.

>his Argentinian Church teaches him all counties are the exact same size

Ireland is part of the British Isles though. 100% of Ireland is British.

If you mean Great Britain, that's just the biggest of the British Isles.

>Fake Ireland 14130km^2
>True Ireland 84422km^2
>1/3
>UK """""""""education""""""""""

How dare you!! you cafflicks r taking are educaton and culchur!!

I thought plastic paddys were just a US thing?

>his church doesn't teach him at all
Mine on the other hand, pic related.

>Britain = British Isles
Kek. Protip: "British Isles" isn't even a universally accepted term.

>Protip: "British Isles" isn't even a universally accepted term.

Yes. For one, it's not officially recognised by the Irish government. I know, education is scary and you're worried knowing more things will push the knowledge of "AR KULCHER" out of your ear, but I just want you to know, that's not how the brain works.

Good luck, Billy.

all the main coaches and training areas are in england so no

>friendly reminder that this triggers the irish

Judging by the thread, it triggers the Unionists more than anyone.

>it's not officially recognised by the Irish government
>ireland pretending it has relevancy again

kek
e
k

I have true Irish family and have spent a large chunk of time with them

My aunt is angry at her sister for becoming a citizen of NZ because you have to swear allegiance to the Queen just to give you an idea of what they are like

Sam Neill is that you?

>says Northern Irish Unionist

O
P

KEK
E
K

southern ireland is a meme

>most people fucking hate Scotland

Doing our job right then, imagine getting triggered by a small nation of 5 million people lol

Psst - go and google the definition of the british isles

the 6 county statelet is the meme :^)

>says Northern Irish Unionist
youtube.com/watch?v=-M7xAGvBqdc
KEK

>most people fucking hate Scotland

I'd like to see how you've quantified this. I very much doubt the majority of the English literally hate Scotland.

The Government of Ireland does not recognise or use the term[16] and its embassy in London discourages its use.[17] As a result, Britain and Ireland is used as an alternative description,[15][18][19] and Atlantic Archipelago has had limited use among a minority in academia,[20][21][22][23] although British Isles is still commonly employed.[18] Within them, they are also sometimes referred to as these islands.

>flustered

Did you watch that video? I don't think we're the flustered ones. kek.

why are you mad?

>not being from Yorkshire

Everyone, stop arguing - you've already lost

Maybe he is like Vince from Hull

twitter.com/SkyNews/status/749852756630908928

Why would I be mad? We're outbreeding you. It's only a matter of time.

Unionists on the other hand have been protesting for going on 4 years because a flag is taken down sometimes. Kek.

Vince pls.

That's like taking a quote from the israeli government about whether palestine exists, smelly taig.

>literally boiling

They have only one individual gold iirc.

Weird that you equated Ireland to Israel in your comparison, given the way Unionists worship Jews.

Very weird.

>Maybe if I keep calling him mad it'll mask my own seething rage
kek

You will die in Britain

>Thinly veiled politics thread
Anyway, NI will not be leaving the UK in the imminent future. Scotland might, but we won't. Basically 100% of Protestants vote to stay, and of the Catholics a good percent also vote to stay because they're not brain dead romantic nationalists.

Whatever helps you sleep at night, Billy.

:)

>still replying

Northern Ireland isn't a dream, its a fucking shite nightmare, most backward place in the West.

Thank god it never crosses my mind

He says as he continues to reply. That's it. Be a good little bitch and reply to me again. Do as you're told like the little unionist cuck that you are. Reply.

>get a load of this guy

>backward
I'm so glad I live in such a "backward" white, no fag marriage, right wing, Christian "hellhole". I can't imagine living a life where I watched faggots wave their dicks in the face of children and applauded it. I can't imagine living a life where muslims rape my children for a decade and I get arrested for trying to stop it. I can't imagine living a life where 4 of my major cities had a native minority.

What a "backwards" life I lead, eh?

Good cuck. You do as you're told. Reply again.

dips bedora

Oh look at that. We have 2 unionist cucks willing to lick my boots on demand. Good boys.

like to raise my Donger I do it all the time ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ and every time its lowered┌༼ຈل͜ຈ༽┐ I cry and start to whine ┌༼@ل͜@༽┐But never need to worry ༼ ºل͟º༽ my Donger's staying strong ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノA Donger saved is a Donger earned so sing the Donger song! ᕦ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕤ

Good little cuck boy. Keep replying.

hi mate

You actually thought this was a defence against what I said? You actually thought "WAKE UP SHEEPLE" made you look like less of a retard?

Fucking hell, Great Britain is even more pathetic than I remember it being. I bet you're an actual faggot too, kek.

Now that Hoy has retired, there's only EBAM who would really consistently win medals for Scotland. Skinner is a good cyclist too but realistically Kenny would still cuck him out of all the medals and Team GB's cycling team would become England's cycling team so he wouldn't have access to our GOAT training staff.

>it's not recognised by an illegitimate terrorist government
wew

Next you'll be quoting IS press releases.

Normally I'd say you're not even trying, but given that you're a hun, you probably tried your little socks off to come up with that "argument".

kek

Dunno what your talking about. I'm just winding you up boyo.

soo.... I'm descended from scots-irish. what does that mean exactly?

It means you're descended from people that are about as intelligent as Roma gypsies. Not even joking.

Loyal as all fuck and willing to die for their country, but you'd find more intelligence in a bag of rocks.

Nothing, you are American.

Ѱζ༼ᴼل͜ᴼ༽ᶘѰ HIT IT WITH THE FORK Ѱζ༼ᴼل͜ᴼ༽ᶘѰ

Sad stuff.

>My aunt is angry at her sister for becoming a citizen of NZ because you have to swear allegiance to the Queen just to give you an idea of what they are like
Then good on your mum, and shame on you.

>implying Israel isn't the analogy of Ulster/Britain
>implying Palestine isn't the analogy of Southern Ireland

Wish people were as smart as the English

youtube.com/watch?v=5B7b5_k8UCM

I feel like your post was meant to insult me, but I'm a Northern Irish Catholic. The smartest people in these islands.

well thanks. fuckface

Not my fault you're descended from retards.

It means you owe allegiance to the Queen.

>Northern Irish Catholic
>defining yourself as catholic

lol you dumb fucking taig

What?

I'm from Northern Ireland and I'm a Catholic. Why wouldn't I call myself a Northern Irish Catholic?

This is why everyone laughs at you lot. Your retardation is off the scales.

8% of Uk population - 24.1 % of GB Golds in 2012

Think we know which region breeds the best athletes

You define yourself by you religion, get a fucking grip its 2016.

>IT'S THE CURRENT YEAR
TOP KEK

I couldn't be more embarrassed for you if I actively tried.