Minimal album covers

I'm doing some research about minimalist album covers. I'm searching for albums with no photographs and mostly based on lines and forms.
Spam everything you know about it

Other urls found in this thread:

moma.org/artists/38897?locale=en
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Classic one

Dark Side of the Moon, The Beatles' White Album

Too many detail, that's not minimal

Would this count as 'minimalist'?

you my man nailed it, but that also reminds me of earth wind and fire which they copied because you fraud ass "patricians" don't really know your shit

Do literal research into Pinegrove - Cardinal because that art has hidden meaning.

Nice meme

>Pinegrove - Cardinal
OP here, great ones!

No I didn't know about it but it's possibly a reference rather than a copy. The Maiden cover is inherently a parody so I think it's believable that there's yet another added layer of satire.

And my trips confirm that Cardinal is a reference to Christianity's connection to Saturn worship

AWWWWWWW it's like the movie Gattaca, you fags are such clones, stop trying to be intellectual, just be who you are inside truthfully, for better or worse, fuck it, if you love music so much than be like your heroes you goddamn bricklayers

Wtf everything I said is true most importantly that the Maiden cover is inherently a parody which is obvious.

Fucking freak

Alva Noto - Univrs. A lot of albums in the Raster-Noton label have this kind of vibe.

Fucked Up - David Comes to Life

yeah but pointing out things like that, and the way you all phrase your words are dead giveaways to the main motive, to impress other people, you all want to be both rebels who anonymously dis people and jackoff to anime, and talk about shit music thats so unique, than play the same old "freak" card to remove yourself from some worst tier of human than you faggots already know you are. words like "inherent" "parody slant", are buzzwords used by internet geniuses, in real life you would sound foolish adding that little nugget in a real conversation, but on Sup Forums you can be an anonymous einstein. little bitches

You need help.

Reid Miles did many pretty minimalistic jazz album covers for Blue Note in the 60's, although many do have a small image of the artist, but they'd work as covers just as well without that

the fuck do you think "minimal" means

you just demonstrated another hypocritical bitch thing to do, these muciscians you love so much are the craziest motherfuckers on earth, you aren't interesting like them, or creative, or anything more than a wet carrot for all intensive purposes (see what i did?), so as you listen to hours upon hours of men and women who have racked up lifetimes at psychologist offices realize how much of a hypocrite you are to not have any hesitation to try and deride people for mental illness, the one who needs help is the one who needs help, clearly you don't see your personality type is boring and worthless, at least i have something tangibly impressive to destroy you little rodent.

late 50's too...

check out some more examples of his work in MoMA's graphic design collection:
moma.org/artists/38897?locale=en

My sole point was that it is not a copy. Literally everything else you said has absolutely nothing to do with me or more importantly this thread.

Except me calling you a freak which yes is what you are acting like for some inexplicable reason.

Actually Blue Note was one of the first references they gave me. A pioneer in the design of album covers and it mostly used minimalist styles.

>at least i have something tangibly impressive to destroy you little rodent.
Wut

Are you really that impressed with yourself that you knew the EWF cover? I really dont see any other explanation.

on this site, you should be pretty well aware of how freakish the people who come to it are, if not audibly, which it isn't, both of us are communicating through words we type on keyboards, totally low stakes, and prone to fraudulence, unlike putting your name to these things you know in great detail but for some strange reason keep locked in the forums of /mu. so get fucked and realize that you are talking your better, whether rigid life patterns mean the world to you or not is not my problem, you can have what you have, me and my fellow freaks will keep the energy, spirit, creativity and excellence to ourselves, but you should know freaks create all of your favorite creative projects no matter the medium. BITCHASS PEON

No you're acting like a freak.

Big difference

But whatever enjoy your purported identity. It's apparently very important to you.

one would think that you'd find fairly minimalist covers in krautrock

yes it is, it's a personality type that you will never have you little shit, just so we're clear, you are a normal and boring, which is GOOD, and people who behave differently than you, mainly being who they want to be and who they think they are, which is every humans reality, i am who i believe i am just like you are, it just so happens you do mid tier peon shit, i don't . i border on things you don't get, but call it freakish as if, again, everything you can't create is made by people who are freaks. whom you devote hours upon hours to learning and understanding their madness. you are a true bitch, and a perfect patsy for spiritual hi jacking, you have no soul, no balls, no talent and claim these freaks' work as a part of you, i wish you could see a different perspective and what it means to not be like you.

Talking Heads, Fear of Music and 77

No, you're acting like a freak because you're responding to me so irrationally. I hope for your sake you're on drugs.

You're a ranting nutjob, not an artist or creator.

Why'd they have to go and fuck it all up. Cross was perfection, and they just threw it all away with AVD and burned it with Woman.

Why?

Daft Punk syndrome, must be a French thing

Nice, another namefag for the filter list
He said minimal art, not shit art

My favorite

ECM is another record label worth looking at - they have minimalist tendencies in both album cover art and music starting from the late 60's

>projecting THIS fucking hard

this here

Hah, I was gonna post this too

this is a franco fontana photo crop. check him.

Number Girl's Sappukei did this well.

oh fuck someone else listened to that?

all The XX and related projects are based on this cover design