Who's the most important popular musician from the 20th century?

Kanye West

Anyone not saying the Beatles is kidding themselves

Some random bluesman who died a complete unknown

this user hit the nail on the head. good luck finding a single song from the radio that doesn't have some basis in Kanye's work

This

Kanye west is the only artist from the 20th century that matters

Frank Zappa

Prince

Spanned and developed many genres and eras, and influenced just about everyone

you guys could be memeing but Kanye West is probably the most influential in 90/00/10/

kraftwerk

their influence trickles down into the most popular genres since the late 70's

probably a blues artist

holy shit you fucking retards

The 20th century means the 1900s. Kanye's first album was in 2004.

He was on The Blueprint in 2001 which is basically the 1900's, he qualifies

And YMO

I haven't listened to Aphex Twin. What has he influenced? How big is his influence? What did he do??

kanye west is shit

Jimi Hendrix

The Beatles.
POSSIBLY MJ at a stretch.

Guns N' Roses

no it doesn't, just because you're autistic doesn't mean the 1900s ended in 2001

Thing with Aphex Twin is I don't think he was influential as much as he was ahead of his time.
He seemingly predicated and created a lot of sounds that wouldn't be popular for a while after, this doesn't mean people were influenced by him or he had a large impact on popular music.

Bowie or Frank Sinatra

not aphex twin

Jazz: Louis Armstrong
Rock: Captain Beefheart
Electronic: either Aphex Twin or Kraftwerk
Hip-hop: Eric B. & Rakim

Prodigy > Aphex Twin

a retard appears

was he continually ahead of time or just his first stuff?

>He seemingly predicated and created a lot of sounds that wouldn't be popular for a while after,
got any examples?

Buckethead

No question.

He is immensely talented and inspired me to play the guitar.

As for popular music, as in... artists that might have a shot at a Grammy, I would say... Robert Glasper. He's up there. His drummer Chris Dave is better than he and I think his guitarist Isaiah Sharkey is better than he, but he's the band leader so I guess he gets the props. If only he did more solos.

Elvis

Bob Dylan

>He seemingly predicated and created a lot of sounds that wouldn't be popular for a while after
'no'

Radiohead

Brian Eno

1910s: music starts

Bowie

Maybe not THE most important, but certainly the best:

Paul McCartney

alll i can sayy to u .. is animal collective is the greatest band of all time ok? thats right you ehard me........ end of story

james brown

gtfo