NEW GORILLAZ SINGLE AND IT SUCKS

New Gorillaz single - it's fucking awful
m.youtube.com/watch?v=CDUrpPvU1_4

Imagine waiting six years for a new single and then we get some black guy doing spoken word on top of an annoying beat over the cheesiest anti-Trump video in the background.

clementine

NO TRUMP
NO KKK
NO FASCIST USA

well this confirms it then
oasis were better innit

Oasis are absolutely fucking garbage

Apart from the
> Political song
shit

This is still terrible, it's written to sound deep to people who only have heard Feel Good Inc.

Oasis have never, EVER released anything as bad as this single.

Prove me wrong (hint: you can't)

FUCK DRUMPF AND FUCK WHITE PEOPLE
also my friend who voted 4 trump is crying cause gorillaz shitted on trump LMAO

shes so mad and a huge gorillaz fan

well, way to start my day off on the sourest of notes, the pink-haired crowd will eat this shit up, call it the greatest thing ever.

the wall can't come soon enough

JUST

DUDE DRUMPF = KKK
DAMN THAT'S DEEP

stop

You baiting me?

daily reminder that Gorillaz were never good and Damon Albarn is a hack

too many fags using descriptors nowadays. i remember when the descriptors for MBDTF were "boasting, money" and the mods had an aneurysm over it

>It's another band that apparently hates Trump but uses his success to make money

Blur has at least three good albums you cunt.

>main thread isn't entirely shitting on it
>better make a butthurt thread about it because it hurt muh feelings
remember to sage and ignore Sup Forumsthreads

go back to Sup Forums

Oh no, wouldn't want differing opinions about music, must be drumpf supporters, also nice job ignoring this thread kek

>sitting on a public toilet with your pants on

THIS is actual degeneracy.

>Hallelujah Nigger.jpg
>IT'S A BLACK GUY AND THEY'RE ANTI-TRUMP GUYS
who are u kidding

I used to have those shoes in high school. They fell apart after 2 weeks.

If this person actually existed they wouldn't be a "huge gorillaz fan" without knowing how almost all of Damon and Jamie's political opinions contradict Trump's.

Saw Alburn at Glastonbury on the morning brexit was announced and he was insufferable, getting the crowd to shout fuck you to anyone who voted out

>people are surprised Gorillaz has preachy overtones and messages

>spoken word
You may just be tone-deaf.

The gorillaz have exactly 2 good albums. Their first 2

>it's a Sup Forums gets mad over a political message they disagree with episode

I really like it.

it's doesn't stop

>people in the comments saying Gorillaz was always about political commentary
What the fuck is wrong with these people?

What meaningful message does this song even bring up?
Even outside of the lyrics the composition fucking sucks, they try to make it sound like some slam poetry shit and it sounds pretentious as fuck.
Honestly shit like this, the bands playing in California during an "anti-inauguration" and shit like makes me think that they were paid.

>it's a liberal democrats are more hateful and bigoted than the conservatives they claim are hateful bigots episode

kill yourself already montie

converse last forever wtf did you do to them

you realize some ppl listen to music without looking into the artist personal life right?

Are you really this retarded?

Seriously, name one song. Just one Oasis song that's even remotely as bad as this.

oh shit MAKES YOU think wtf lefties are the real bigots

Why are you guys surprised about this song being political? Did you guys not listen to fucking Dirty Harry and how he shat on Bush?

Not as bad as this, but come on, Oasis is the same shit every fucking song, it's so plebian britpop, id rather kill myself than listening to a song more than once

>every faggot with a guitar plays wonderwall
>suicidal thoughts intensifies

but you're german :Q
you have no room to talk about this! :O

:O :O :/ D:

>converse last forever
not since they got bought out by Nike

I don't mind political messages in music regardless of their origin but this just felt really rushed and gimmicky.

Song is awful btw.

Why not?

Why are you proud of being a paedophile fascist?

careful with those buzzwords m9

Well, Gorillaz always made political commentary...

The entirety of Plastic Beach basically, Fire Coming out of a Monkey's Head, Feel Good Inc. even, Dirty Harry.

I would argue that it was more subtle in those cases, and thus the style of the song isn't hampered by the promotion of the message.

The difference is this video was put out RIGHT before the inauguration of Trump. Obviously it's gonna hold a heavier message

Man why did Sup Forums have to ruin literally every board on Sup Forums?

Also Benjamin Clementine is the goat. At Least For Now was my favorite album of 2015.

>why do people with differing political views than mine post in a public anonymous Tuvan throat singing bulletin board?

There is absolutely no way this is sending a political message
>but he said walls!
There is nothing about this that is anti trump and if you honestly think there is you're just as brainwashed as the muh libtards you hate so much

so you admit that you're Sup Forums

>Superfast Jellyfish
>Pirate Jet
>Some Kind of Nature

>subtle

Those people are easily the biggest dumbasses and most triggered by shit.

They're also the type to whine "WAAAH THIS ARTIST HAS DIFFERENT VIEWS THAN ME, THEREFORE I MUST BREAK ALL OF THEIR ALBUMS I BOUGHT" the loudest.

Or even
>Kids with Guns
>Dirty Harry
>Fire coming out of the Monkey's Head

So what if I am? Does it make any difference?
Can't I enjoy music and discuss it with other people because I'm right wing now?

Sup Forums pls. It's a well known fact that cuckservative can't into art. It's a like a Michael Bay Transformers fan dissing Tarkovsky's Solaris for being "boring".

Again why do faggots like who come from Sup Forums try to ruin every board they go to

Wtf, I've abused these converse and they're still really comfy

Which 3

Only girls and fags wear converse.

This board has been ruined for years and it has nothing to do with Sup Forums.

Good point. You can argue that absurdity would have a similar effect. The released song attempts to be too serious, however, and in the process the art is sacrificed.

what kinda shoes do you wear bitch nigga.

I'll bet you wear air jordan's on your goose steppin' ass.

No it absolutely does. It was at least acceptable before. It's unreadable now.

>Dirty Harry
>subtle in any way

Hope you're not seriously comparing pop music to Tarkovsky m8

(Not the Sup Forums guy btw)

Case and point.

Parklife, 13, and Self-titled

>It was at least acceptable before.
I can see how you'd think that if you were completely brain dead.

There's a difference between "politics" and "pop-politics" aka pop-culture politics

The latter is what feels gimmicky and cheesy, most pop music forays into political protest tend to be unless it's something truly subtle, observant and new, regardless of if its on either side of the spectrum.

I'd agree that there's a difference between lack of subtlety and intentional absurdity but I would also say that particular songs like Dirty Harrry, Some kind of Nature and particularly Fire Coming out of a Monkey's Head are also both preachy with a non-subtle political statement and also take themselves pretty seriously.

I don't see this song as out of the ordinary at all for Gorillaz; the quality of the song is a separate discussion imo.

Nah, but if I stop meme-ing for a moment, they're great shoes for musicians. They were much better when they were made in America and didn't fall apart in 3 weeks, but they're super comfy and they look good. Pair that with the fact that you can get them in limitless colors and fashions and you can begin to see why they're a great shoe.

Converse is okay if you have them in anything that's not pink, black, or white

The second half of the song is okay.

Cuckservative music is *terrible* but I have and like legit right-wing music.

Most of Sup Forums would hate it but I think it's decently interesting and obscure.

Learn the difference though, cuckservative "muzak" outnumbers right-wing music like 20:1

I thought magic wip and think tank were great.

Black Converse are the ultimate shoe though, they literally match anything and look good.

White Converse are for cigarette smoking teenage art hoes

I have supported trump from the beginning, and loved gorillaz since i was a kid. I have always disagreed with their politics, but never minded if the music was good and not too in your face. This song is interesting but not very good, maybe work better in context but not enough going on sonically to make a great song.

I guess you're right. Maybe the song's quality is making all this stand out to me. I never really took the lyrics in his prior songs seriously, so I'd assume if this release was of a better quality I wouldn't have noticed it now either.

I only ever see women and /fa/ggots wearing black converse

gorillaz has always been completely anti-right, anti-nationalism, anti-racism, and anti-war

this is surprising absolutely no one. did dirty harry trigger you? it's about how bad bush was and completely anti-war.

plastic beach was about pollution and corporate world not giving a fuck and destroying the ecosystem

with retard right wing trump and his neo con and corporatism cabinet choices it's not wonder this album may reflect that.

How has no one said this yet?

>song title - artist name

The beat is fucking garbage, talk about phoning it in.

what?

Minus the heavy-handed attempt at "politics" this single was just so fucking boring. I was just waiting for it to end.

god DAMN that song is garbage

hahaha what

>This thread
Trump supporters prove themselves once again that after slamming libruls and SJWs for being too emotionally stunted to talk about politics, they end up demonstrating that they never cared about any of it to begin with. This thread looks exactly like the way people would comment on "offensive" videogames just a few years ago.

Art is generally about the expression of the self, and ones deeply held convictions can form a fundamental part of the self. This song is an expression of a deeply held conviction, and it uses every one of the tools at its disposal to display that message in a very deliberate and well thought out way. Regardless of my views on the subject matter, I think that is enough to classify it as good art. Note: just because its good art doesn't mean I like it, there's plenty of great songs out there that I cant stand and plenty of awful ones that I love to jam out to. this may end up falling into the former category, a good song that I don't necessarily like.

there's my two cents, for what its worth (probably less than 2 cents honestly)

>gorillaz have always been political
>release a song that is political
>trump babies freak out because it's anti-trump

you fuckers are worse than the sjws you claim to be against

>it is going to be another "the fall" only this time sponsored by saldy hillary shills

end me

not an argument

at least the fall was INTERESTING, this is blah

>female vocals