Dunno why but this "band" genuinely pisses me off. Like I don't fucking understand it's purpose...

Dunno why but this "band" genuinely pisses me off. Like I don't fucking understand it's purpose. It's so incredibly stupid and not even in a way as to make it funny or even conceptually interesting. Who was the retarded faggot who's great fucking idea it was to sign this piece of backed up cuntwater onto their record label anyhow? Of what purpose did they intend with this abomination? Is it supposed to be cute? Is it supposed to be situationally funny? Why should i care that they're cartoons? Why do they look at me like i should want to laugh at its autistic existence?

Seriously fuck this dumbass meme band and the Redditors who are to blame for surfacing this aborted shart of a sad attempt at music.

ok

Um :)
Sweetie :)

What pisses you off about them?

>cuntwater
mild kek

MUSIC IS SUBJECTIVE
YOU DONT GET FUN MUSIC
Y-YOU ARE INSECURE

then ignore them you fucking baby

they r popular

It's the whole image. Gorillaz does not make music. It makes an image. An image to be sold to preteens looking for an identity, and emotionally stunted college kids. The image it sells is edgy looking yet safe. Wacky yet serious and mature at the same time. It's still cartoony, dumb and enjoyable, but it's not actionment and spiderman kind of thing, these guys wear jeans and graphic tees like my uncle, while making wacky faces. Their outfits are cool and wacky, I am cool yet kind of wacky too. They sing about smart stuff so I am smart for listening.

It's the perfect aesthetic for the kid who is being hit by puberty and the mentally mentally stunted young adult suffering slow development. Because that's all Gorillaz is. An aesthetic.

this.
the only reason mu hates 21 Pilots is also because they are popular

>dunno why
>I don't fucking understand it's purpose
>not even... funny or conceptually interesting
>stupid... retarded... autistic
>backed up cuntwater... abomination
>memeband
seems like you think they're too simplistic, mongo

Aaaw some pleb got triggered by their new single.

maybe back in 2000, but the cartoon aspect of Gorillaz has been phased out since 2007. At this point they're pretty unapologetic about it being Damon Albarn and a rotating list of collaborators.

>listens to children music
>calls someone else a pleb

you are pretentious, pseudo intellectual and most of all retarded.

Some people just enjoy how it sounds and makes them feel. grow up.

I haven't followed them since plastic beach. Think that was the point where they stopped packaging their image in a sophistic musical packaging of bland beats and just went on to sell packaging.

That was both a good idea and bad idea, because I doubt Damon wanted to be known exclusively as the cartoon band, but when he stopped being the cartoon band then a lot of the eyes that were on them left because they became just another band

>needs to brag about his "mature" taste in music on the Internet

that's truly pathetic

Sup Forums hipster hate everything that is popular so naturally some actual shit band fall under that category too.

Doesn't mean the people on here aren't still pretentious little snowflakes

STOP MAKING FUN OF MY SUPER FUN AND QUIRKY BAND YOU PSEUDO INTELLECTUALS
YOU INSECURE CONTRARIANS
MUSIC IS SUBJECTIVE
SUBJECTIVE

New single is shit but I love them otherwise.

I've never really understood their appeal but I've never really tried. Some of the best bands require benefit of the doubt to get into :^)

gotta be a troll bc you would had been gotta be a dumbass to assert that it's not about the music

Yeah, I mean the new gimmick is just taking a long ass time to release new material. Press tries to hype it as an event. Have been underwhelmed since the melancholy hill video, personally.

This reads almost exactly like a rant Damon Albarn would have made about the music industry when he and Jamie Hewlett conceptualized Gorillaz.

literally the opposite of this happened

>literally the opposite of this happened
You sure? Because plastic beach sounded like utter shit and they haven't released anything major after that as far as I've heard.