Opinions on the end?

Opinions on the end?

It was obvious the story was about him and Robin.

Would had been ok if the show ended 2 season earlier, we didn't need Barney's character completely changed and ruined for this twist.

The story was about constant unnecessary padding to fill out 9 seasons.

Awful

LOL JUST IGNORE THE LAST 3 SEASONS OF CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT MY SHIT UP SENPAI

Never saw it what happened?
Also, how can Barney be so based and be a faggot?

The mother showed up and died immediately, he was actually asking his kids permission to fuck Robin

kids getting older triggered me (even though they had before) so I dropped it with 5 minutes to go after watching every episode up until that point.

these two little fucks were the most hateable characters in the whole show

Last 2 seasons were garbage, even myself as a retarded high schooler knew that.

Did people NOT see the ending coming back in season 2?

All the footage of the kids was from the first 2 seasons.

Everyone did, then the characters changed, Ted realised he didn't want to be with Robin and she didn't want to be with him. WOOPS NEVERMIND.

I guess Ted getting married and Robin marrying Barney threw me off. Man am I stupid huh?

They set it up in the first season that the mom is not Robin. They then go 8 other seasons where you never see the mother. Why would you NOT expect her to be dead? Why would you NOT expect him to still have the hots for Robin?

Granted it's a shitty show and you can really tell they wrote the ending at the beginning and then crammed it full of filler for 7 seasons until the last 15 minutes when they decided to bring it back home.

I never made it to the ending because himym was shit. Every episode continually referenced things that happened 3 seasons ago or things that will happen in 2 seasons in some desperate attempt to seem smart, edgy and cool. Watching it was a fucking chore and not fun at all. I'll take two broke girls over this garbage any day.

>i predicted they'd abruptly kill off the mother character
Ted ending up with Robin, yes, that was predictable, but there was more to it, and you're a smarmy fucking faggot.

Dude. You knew the mom was going to be dead. You knew it. Why else would the kids be sitting there listening to Bob Saget tell his stupid story and the mother not being around? At some point you should have realized it. I'm sorry that the hackneyed attempt at creating emotion upset you so much.

>

the worst ending ever. because last season sucked balls it was like russians coming into berlin and hitler tryinna destroy his shit and suicide

There was an episode the season before she appeared where Ted fantasises about rushing to her apartment to meet her earlier and spend more time with her. It was clear she was dead.

I would really like to fuck her.

Poor planning.
They knew they were getting more seasons and decided to spend a fuckton of episodes during a wedding instead of focussing on the mother, which we could have created a stronger bond with the viewer and probably made a better ending as it is while keeping the overall story.

Ted just needed someone to keep him busy while Robin was off being too driven by her ambition to be capable of loving.
Barney and Tracy were just to keep them busy until they were ready to settle down and finally be good for each other.

For all those comments saying "it was obvious because the mother was never around", was his story not told all at once?
I never paid attention to the kids clothes so I'm asking if he told his story during many periods of time?
I was under the impression it was all a one time thing, stretched out pretty much like the last season that turned one single day into 24 episodes.

That is so unfair to the both of them.
>hype the mother for 8 seasons
>she's just a stand in for Robin

That's why I refuse the original ending and totally embrace the alternative. Christine Milloti (?) was just fucking awesome and in my head they're still together.

That was probably the darkest episode of the series. A really depressing ending.

I stopped once Barbey acted like a faggot.

Who was the mom?

The story was about how him and Robin didn't work.