Breaking Bad

lets talk about the "fly" episode. Why did the internet hate this episode so much? I love it.

because the fans of this shitty show require some kind of cliffhanger or twist in every episode to keep their inexplicably small heads entertained.

Fly and Better Call Saul (series, not BB episode) are pleb filter telekino.

it, wasn't my favorite ep. but I don't recall it being that bad either

Because a majority of the autists online are quite literally incapable of forming their own opinions

no gratuitous amounts of blood, no spousal abuse, no montages, no explosions, fring no spook or nothing

It is actually my favourite episode of that show.
Just how well the tension builds, you feel the claustrophobia and the anger rising throughout the whole thing.

walt and jesse were apart for awhile in the show and that plot was a reconnection for the two of them

>we're doing a bottle episode

Wow really? I watched the show late so I missed all the hype and episode discussion but the fly was one of my favorite episodes for ist slow burning methodical tension and exploration into the character of Walt

It's literally filler but it was well done.

it's a perfectly fine episode if you're starting the show now. It was only hated because we were having to wait weeks for episodes.

Obvious filler.

I marathoned the series so it was annoying more than anything. Also i think it didnt explore walters character as well as some people say

It's also the funniest episode.

What's wrong with BCS?

Anything excuse for more Mike.

Actually, it should have just been Mike, not Saul, who got his own spin off. Saul could still have had his arc, but it could have taken a back seat like Mikes has done.

Too symbolic for the normies.

Nothing happened.

Painfully obvious that they were saving budget for other episodes. The series was slow enough anyways, and this was even worse.

But Fly is considered one of the best episodes.

It didn't make sense at all. I always skip this ep during re watches

Well done filler and an exercise in tension building. Television series nowadays are so brain dead when someone uses a plot device other than sex, violence or deus ex machina it's hailed as revolutionary

>important character development and exploration of relationships is "filler"

Not user, but is Walt or Jessie's characters even that interesting half the time? Actions/choices define characters, and most of the time there felt like there was only 3-4 really big actions/choices per season

This was one of my favorite episodes. I loved the perfect moment to die speech. I guess I'm one of the few truly intelligent people in the world.

I like BCS enough, but the second season felt a lot like backtracking and stalling. Season 1 ends perfectly with Jimmy saying "screw it" to trying to live up to Chucks expectations, and then to have him just say "lol nevermind" immediately afterward for a whole season feels like they were trying to undo that. I appreciate the slow pace, but honestly the pacing is so slow is that you could've easily condensed the second season to half or three quarters of the length and come up with a much more satisfying, impactful ending.

It doesn't help I was watching season 2 right as I started The Sopranos for the first time. That show sets an impossibly high bar.

Wait I thought everyone loved Fly and Sup Forums hated it to be contrarian.

Like pretty much everything and anything Sup Forums does like is lolxdpurekinoxd

>Wait I thought everyone loved Fly
This. What the fuck are you on about OP? I've seen nothing but praise for it.

It's the opposite. Every time I see Fly mentioned on Sup Forums it's called the pleb filter of the series. Meanwhile, pic related.

this is the episode that people liked, and no one hated, just didn't understand.

LET THIS MEME RECOMMENCE!

>What's wrong with BCS?

That's not what he said, but a lot of BrBa fans have been disappointed with BCS for being too laborious and not enough PLOT

And there's also dingleberries like you who want the show to have more Mike than necessary

it was a bottle episode
and it was boring
why don't we watch him struggle through not having toilet paper after a steamy shit for 1 hour? that would explore his character too.
there are more fun ways to do that. trying to catch a fly wasn't one of them.

Aired the same time as the LOST finale and retards assumed it was filler for that reason. And I recall a lot of disappointment over the fact Walt didn't actually reveal the truth about Jane

I had no clue people didn't like that one. It's probably my favorite. Me and my wife absolutely loved it. I don't understand what's not to like about it.

What does your wife's son think?

this

>tfw so conditioned by memes this was my first thought as well

Not enough gore/explosions

>ywn make coffee like gale

what was the actual point of the episode though in relation to the show/character development
I barely remember this show

Actions don't define characters. Based on actions, Walt is some supreme badass when he isn't at all.

the first half of the ep is filler bullshit but once it starts to get into Walt and Jesse's relationship it becomes 10/10

Yeah, I thought it as I was typing it too lol

I liked it, breaking bad moves so fast having an episode where everything kinda stands still is nice. just take a breather and see where walt and jesse's heads are at.

that being said, it was just a good episode, not a 5deep6u masterpiece.

because AMC required a new episode of Breaking Bad to air at the same time as the L O S T series finale. they knew everyone would be watching lost so they made a filler episode.