What is your honest opinion on Nolan?

What is your honest opinion on Nolan?

No memes please.

He's a big guy.

For you

was crashing OPs thread part of your plan?

Of courshe!

Memento is good but overrated,
Prestige is awful.
Dark Knight Trilogy is flawless.
Inception you grow out of after highschool and then appreciate the aesthetic more than the story.
Interstellar sucked ass.

I said NO MEMES

>Prestige is awful.
>Dark Knight Trilogy is flawless.
wew lad
Back to your capeshit threads

7/10 director

you have shit taste

OP wanted an honest opinion

get outta here!

To call TDKR flawless is insanity

I genuinely think he's going deaf. the audio mixing in TDKR and Interstellar was just awful.

Didnt he say somewhere that it was all part of his plan at least for interstellar? I remember reading something about it.

To claim I was being serious is naive.

He's a fan of terry pratchett, so he's alright in my books

>i said no memes x(
where do you think we are?

Nolan could be great if he only focused on directing and if he ditched his brother.

He has great ideas that he never fully executes. Too much exposition and characters that are only tools for the plot.

I think his movies would be much better if he could stop explaining the plot every 20 minutes with expository dialogue.

His movies are too smart for Sup Forums. He is the hero cinema deserves.

I usually would not say this on Sup Forums, but I unironically believe it.

Aidan Gillen saved the kino.

The soundmixing in both Interstellar and TDKR was intentional.

>Not Edgar Wright
Get out

This is Sup Forums

He'll never make a movie as good as Memento ever again.

Shame he wasn't in the whole thing

good director who really needs a better writer

he's good but his fanboys are the worst.

>tfw actually interested in Dunkirk
Harry styles will probably ruin it all though

To call Batman Begins or The Dark Knight flawless is fucking stupid too.

Yes but at least thats closer to opinion

His films are laughably pretentious and awful

>Dark Knight Trilogy is flawless.
Are you literally a sentient piece of human shit?

> Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends dimensions of time and space. Maybe we should trust that, even if we can't understand it.

He is cool !!!

That line really bothered me when it came up. The whole film tries to be so scientifically accurate and that just doesn't fit at all.

>Not reading the thread

Was mixing the audio poorly part of his plan?

Hack.
Not memeing.
He should stay away feom big budget films, he works better in smaller projects.

am i the only user on this site who actually likes Interstellar ?

He's alright.

Anyone who considers him a hack is either a brain dead pleb, who wouldn't know a good film if it hit them in the face, or trying too hard to seem sophisticated/patrician.

Overrated but still a very good director

That said, what he did with TDKR is unforgivable

yes

Most people on here liked Interstellar, it's a fine film. The redditors on here would have you believe the contrary.

Interstellar is fine.

Digits confirm interstellar good

Statist

All of his work is pro-state, pro-money, pro-establishment, and anti-individual, anti-moral, anti-culture

The fact that he tries to obscure this in a bunch of flaky nonsense only confirms what I'm saying

>memento
>meme
really asshole he said no memes

This sounds pretty accurate

Found the ultra PLEB.

It's fine but overrated.

ayy

He's a ruseman.
He keeps his career extremely profitable by making dumb people think they're smart.

Nolan is an easy target because his films have broad appeal, but they're definitely not the mindless cgi-shit fests that audiences have grown accustomed to (michael bay, marvel movies, and so on). Anyone with even the slightest bit of knowledge of filmmaking can see that there is an actual filmmaker behind these movies, there is an actual creative process. While in my opinion not all have been perfectly executed (Inception, Insomnia), his other films are worthy of commendation (Interstellar, The Dark Knight, Memento).

He's going through his Happy Feet / Babe: Pig In The City phase at the moment. His kids are all around 5-15 years old and he wants to make stuff he can show to them, so no violent neo-noirs for now. He has also said time and again the reason he's only making huge blockbusters at the moment is because Inception, Interstellar, Dunkirk, were all big-scale movie ideas he'd had for years, Dunkirk stretching all the way back to when he was a kid. And as he's got the industry clout finally to make all these huge, prior-seemingly-impossible dream movies he never thought he'd get to make, of course he's going to make them. That's literally what he's said in interviews about why he's been pushing bigger and bigger recently. In another 10-20 years after he's exhausted his big ideas and his kids are grown up he'll go back to neo-noir or other smaller-scale films and start turning out the true kino you've all been waiting for ever since he was hailed as the new Michael Mann after Memento.

The Prestige is my favourite movie of his, though I don't necessarily think it's his best. It ticks a lot of personal boxes.

Interstellar's sound mix was intentional, he mixed down the dialogue and mixed up the music to place more emphasis on emotion than exposition. The dialogue wasn't the most important thing from his point of view but unfortunately it seems it's what most people focused on more than how fantastically he captured the magnificence of and the sensation of trepidation around human exploration. It didn't do everything right but what it got right no other director working today has done as well in recent cinema history.

Begins and Returns were ok.
TDK was very good for a cape shit movie.
Prestige is his best movie.
Inception and Interstellar are both great movies, though I feel they fell short of meeting his true vision for those films. Specially Interstellar with some really cringey dialogue.

He brings out the best of Hans Zimmerman for sure though, and all of his movies are worth watching just for the score.

He's a talentless hack.

Takes himself a little to serious for my taste

Memento is underrated. I don't think people appreciate how fucking brilliant it was telling a story in reverse chronological segments and still manage to make the final scene change the context of everything you saw before it.

Inception is style over substance. It's like time travel, it's based on nonsense. There's no such thing as a dream within a dream, there's nothing "deep" about a dream, it's just your brain running in an alternative mode. It'd be like saying a red traffic light is 'deeper' than the green one.

Batman Begins and TDK I loved, both classics. TDKR was good on first viewing, but when you look back at it, you realize just how phoned in it was.

Haven't seen his other movies.

The definition of all substance and no style

His movies have little rewatch value due to all the exposition
He's good, but really tried hard to be the next Kubrick.

I rewatched TDK this morning and it's every bit as good as I remember it being, which wasn't the case with Begins. A fantastic film.

OF COURSHE

He quoted Spielberg and Lucas as his biggest inspirations during the press run for Interstellar, I don't think he sees himself as anything more than he is, i.e. a guy who makes very well-made populist movies.

It works because he films it like a corporate drama or a heist movie, rather than a superhero movie. Really nothing about it at all feels like capeshit, even the bat-costume. Pfister's best work too.

To argue about this kind of shit is autistic

he said it was good, read before replying you mongrel

you sure showed him

poor mans Kubrick

overrated trash, only good was the visuals

I TURNED MY BRAIN OFF WHEN SHE SAID 4TH DIMENSION OF LOVE DUDE

not even close to the only one. If Neil DeGrasse Tyson liked it, It's okay in my books. I think he liked Martian more.

He's a hack with an ugly face

Decent director but only has one dimension. Relies on plot gimmicks to be "compelling" and falls short almost every time since film is never good because of plot, but it sure ropes in plebs. Terrible hamfisted exposition in dialogue which is a byproduct of his plotbabbyness. Usually his films have decent cinematographers and aren't ugly to look at, so that's a plus.

Cannot write story. Writes some of the worst dialogue around. Cannot shoot action. Has displayed a decent but uneven aesthetic sensibility. Ego inflated by undue praise from pleb audiences and "critics."

He's a dumb person's idea of a good director. A literal hack.

One of the best modern directors, but every movie doesn't need to be 3 hours long just because you think you should command that much attention.

New movie when?

He doesn't know where to put the camera, and the design in his films is uninspired, but he's a great editor.

The movie equivalent of Matt Bellamy

His vision of realism compromises heart.
Too cold to empathize with any character.

Loved every film of his except Inception. Interstellar is one of my favourite films and I like it better than 2001