Spider-Man: one of the best capeshit films ever made, was the true genesis for more superhero films

>Spider-Man: one of the best capeshit films ever made, was the true genesis for more superhero films

>Spider-Man 2: Considered in the top 5 of capeshit, even better than the first

>Spider-Man 3

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qtx18tPNda4
youtube.com/watch?v=nL8hVXSDmNM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Spider-Man 3 is kino

Have you heard the story of the golden goose?

A farmer and his wife discover that one their geese is laying golden eggs once a week. They're thrilled and sell that egg to improve their lives. Every week, they sell another egg and they move a little higher in the order of things.
However, they start to wish that they had all the eggs right now. Why wait a whole week for each egg?
So they figure that since the goose lays the golden eggs, that all the eggs are inside the goose, and naturally they decide to the cut the goose open and extract all the eggs so they can get to the top right now instead of week by week.
But after they slaughter the goose, they discover it's just a regular goose after all and there are no golden eggs inside it. They killed the source of their golden eggs by being greedy.

this

they tried to cash grab and shove too many villains into 3.

also that scene

you know the one I'm fucking talking about

really makes you think

>also that scene
>you know the one I'm fucking talking about
only plebs hate that scene

Cash grab and Emo Toby

Avi Arad and Sony fucked over Raimi. They forced him to shove Venom into the movie even though Raimi didn't give a shit about Venom.

what scene?

the villain dies at the end of most cape shit movies. sand man would have had to been melted and allowed to solidify which would have been seen like how they stopped DR.Doom in the first FF movie

youtube.com/watch?v=qtx18tPNda4

alpha as fuck

They're all shit.

I never got why this scene gets so much backlash when they had a incredibly similar scene within Spiderman 2
youtube.com/watch?v=nL8hVXSDmNM

What's your grudge with that scene? It's literally the best scene in the movie.

he was stupid as fuck. venom story was best shit in sp3. hell movie shouldnt had sandman. cause that made no sense and fucking retcon for no reason.

make harry better villain instead of just going out. like add some scenes before he goes out. then make venom better.

sandman was no factor in movie. did nothing to peter plot. came and went.
>plz forgiv spidey plz i have a daughter

nowhere near as bad

I rewatched 1 and 2 recently, and 1 is without a doubt the better movie. In retrospect, 2 has so many contrived plot points that make no sense. The MJ/Peter on again, off again shit was really forced, considering the end of the first movie. Alfred Molina's motivations didn't make nearly as much sense as Willem Dafoe's. That fucking part where Doc Ock throws a car at Peter and MJ, with the purpose of asking Peter where to find Spiderman. Watch them again, 2 is actually kind of bad compared to 1.

this one's more innocent and not out of left field

that being said the only one who hates either are normies

lol no, thats bad, but hes defintly talking about the dance scene. Thats the one

Literally Age of Ultron

Holy shit, pottery.

BLACKED spiderman is awful

They ruined it by making it overstuffed.
Lost the focus.
Needed to take it back to formula.

>What went wrong?
They made the mistake of telling fans the black costume was going to be in there, then all fans went crazy with Venom and producers had to put Venom in the movie as response.

Movie should have ended in the church and 4th should have Venom.

Venom, sandman, hob goblin fuck all the villains were god awful. How do you fuck up venom? How?

Spider-Man 2 had Dashboard Confessional. You can't beat that.

Harry wasn't hobgoblin.

By casting Eric Foreman

Dumbasses

I can see what they were doing.
They wanted a "Dark Spider-man".
Why not cast someone like Tobey?

But Spider-man himself should have been "Dark Spider-man".
That's the whole point.
When he removed the suit and the darkness with it, it became as monstrous as it was within him

Spiderman 3 was only marginally worse than the other two. Really, these movies are pretty mediocre. Better than modern capeshit, but nothing to get excited about.

>Why not cast someone like Tobey?
The thing is that Topher Grace auditioned as Peter Parker before Tobey got the role.

Well there you go.
Perfect casting