/ae/ "fuck you rob and sean release the 2016 soundboards already" edition

lads
youtube.com/watch?v=mb83pEpAF8w

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=K15s3pMN9j4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What is their best work?
Either this or Exai.

I don't know, maybe Elseq 7 or Oversteps.

Why is Quaristice so vilified?

Fact: All Autechre releases since 1997 are a prank to see how many people will pretend to listen to randomly generated bullshit

no that's not true

I really only get early autechre. I listen to the first album obsessively. I really don't see anything in any of the later stuff, don't get any vibe or anything.

Fact: you fundamentally misunderstand Max/MSP

>Autechre

>Eecords are purchased solely by bald men in expensive anoraks who would masturbate to a car alarm if it was re-mixed by a German. This impenetrable curtain of misanthropic noise – released with an accompanying three-track DVD that features a squabble of hopelessly pretentious video “interpretations” – is typical of the menopausal electro-manglers’ dogged refusal to bow to convention and produce anything of interest to anyone not either a) bald or b) German. It bleeps. It skronks. It krrraaaanks. But mainly, it blows like a ruddy awful hurricane. Remember, kids; if it sounds like a festering hillock of tune-shy bum-wank, it’s because it IS a festering hillock of tune-shy bum-wank. Avoid as you would a bald German.

is it good

do you like it

tbqh autechre sounds far more austrian than they they do german

desu, elseq is good but I want another oversteps, something really melodic and has a distinct texture that goes across the whole record

Same. They are so adept at crafting melodies - Oversteps proves that - and while I love the abstract, "structureless" work they have been putting out recently, I do hope they expand upon some of the ideas they laid out on Oversteps/MoT. I don't really understand why Ae ended up diverting from the foundation they had begun to set on those releases.

They are cucks

there is rhythm at times. Listen to Jatevee-C, for example.

untilted

That's their worst though.

Confield imo

>tune-shy bum-wank
Still my favorite part.

It grows on you. I used to think the same thing.

They have even gone on record saying they feel more in tune with Austrians in that RA interview.

Have you heard the new live material? Its like the exai-elseq sound refined to be more contrapuntal ala oversteps.

I only sorta skimmed Helsinki as I'm trying not to spoil myself ahead of the soundboards (c'mon lads hurry up). I do love that organ part.

Untilted & LP5

Confield and Amber

hi sean

Cichlisuite

More like this?

Draft 7.30 maybe ?

rob is pure

hmm
>"It's stupid, it means absolutely nothing! Worse, I think it is a racist term to denigrate black dance music, the original Detroit techno, and assert that England was born a different European electronic music, emotional, civilized." "It's horribly arrogant", supported Rob. "It's ridiculous ! I want nothing to do with it, it's depressing to know that this term is widely used, " concludes Sean.

Did you know that Autechre did an AMA on WATMM and they used Sup Forums words like 'kek' and 'lel'?

I can't imagine them finding Sup Forums interesting though. Maybe they post about worshipping BBC in Sup Forums inbetween albums...

Rob was in Game of Thrones?

They didn't used "kek", but one of them said fantano wasn't a melon, which was kinda a Sup Forums meme at the time.

>I can't imagine them finding Sup Forums interesting though
Me too, but at the time, Sup Forums is still one of the best active music community nowadays IMHO.
Ilxor is dead and stuck in the 2000s, and you can post anonymously here so I wouldn't that surprised if they come here from times to times to check if we are still into them.

They didn't use "kek", but one of them said fantano wasn't a melon, which was kinda a Sup Forums meme at the time.

>I can't imagine them finding Sup Forums interesting though
Me too, but at the time, Sup Forums is still one of the best active music community nowadays IMHO.
Ilxor is dead and stuck in the 2000s, and you can post anonymously here so I wouldn't be that surprised if they come here from times to times to check if we are still into them.

>which was kinda a Sup Forums meme at the time.
eh....zomby had become infamous for his twitter spats by that point and they were pretty well reported. it def wasn't limited to Sup Forums

i dreamt that i was hanging out with young ae in a theme park, riding rollercoasters and stuff. rob was much frendlier than sean