Saw Warcraft yesterday and can't understand why so many bad reviews. It's a flawed movie, yes...

Saw Warcraft yesterday and can't understand why so many bad reviews. It's a flawed movie, yes, but it's issues were more of pacing than the content. The same issues films like the new Star Wars had.

What did you guys though of it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TBlA4l8it4o
deadline.com/2016/06/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-2-warcraft-x-men-apocalypse-me-before-you-international-box-office-weekend-results-1201767541/
youtube.com/watch?v=RSeVCw3hVgQ
twitter.com/ManMadeMoon/status/738868880773283840
youtube.com/watch?v=tC-ol6xY5zQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Immature audience that can't stand pulpy high fantasy.

I think a lot of the negativity is based on how unpopular the game is right now

if it had come out during the peak of subs in wrath I think the general reception would have been better

I saw it too and i know why bad reviews, they fucked it up, they didnt explain anything! To normal viewer who doesnt know the lore it looks like they fighting for the sake of fighting....

does it have kungfuu pandas in it?

You think all those critics are Burning Crusade Purists?

No they are the same people who turned their nose at concept of playing a video game never mind World of Warcraft.

>normal viewer can't understand why kingdom would fight against crazy alien raiders

sounds about right. normal people should be culled

I never played the games and I could follow it just fine. Sure the people who did play them might go fanboying because their favorite orc or city is on the screen, but the story was easy to follow. And Gul'dan is the best villain of the 2010s

Only played Warcraft 3 and didn't give a shit about the story. I could understand the plot easily. There were other issues with it.

You dont understand the point, people should know that Orcs came because Medivh send vision of Azeroth to Guldan by the influence of Sargeras, Orcs only purpose was to weaken its defenses and prepeare world for Burning Legion invasion... That was whole point of the story but they didnt told it, so its pointless!

Terrible marketing, terrible pacing of the movie, and the stigma of the fact it's a ultra high fantasy movie and people hate that shit. Game of Thrones is probably about as much fantasy as most can handle. Also critics are being faggots on purpose but who cares. Money talks not reviews. it'll make enough world wide for a sequel. the dawn of vidyakino has begun.
Could have been better but it's 100% not as bad as people are making out to be, not by a long shot. 45-55% on RT would have been fair and accurate.

It is a Warcraft movie in which someone cries every two seconds

Think about it for a moment

Yeah probably true

But I do think there was a time when warcraft as a property was less looked down on. That could be because that was when I was a fat shit in highschool among other fat shits in highschool. Or maybe it was when they made the kung fu panda expansion.

The pacing was terrible, the cgi was horrible at times and it didn't know how to introduce/develop most characters properly.

The content and the story were ok and it was fun, but it isn't a really well made movie.

Movie should have been much longer to allow proper character development.

Those of us that know the characters and the story already enjoyed the movie.

Also, Obligatory, GUL'DAN IS BASED AS FUCK.

gul'dan was so good desu

and the cgi was flawless aswell. Was worried at first because of the trailers but it was just amazing in the cinema.

warcraft 2 can't come soon enough

Does Sargeras actually appear?

If so that's fucking stupid.

Medivh steps into a pool of fel and his body starts turning in what i assume was Sargeras. Gets killed before he does anything though, and turns back to Medivh.

Gul'dan is my favorite WC character.
i was expecing him to be really weak in the movie...

He ended up being better than troy baker on WoD, it was amazing.

They mention a demon in the film, very breafly.
sargeras does not appear.

But we know hes the one who gave gul'dan his powers.

He doesn't appear? What was that demon taking over Medivh then?

I saw an ad for the movie at the bottom of the screen during Shark Tank. Who is in charge of advertising for this? They've done a terrible job. I've hardly seen any advertising in other places, especially those where I'd expect to find the target audience.

Love how a film can be fucking awful but if the "content" is good (aka genreshit for morons) the retards here will think it's good.

you sound mad

it just looks so terrible in the trailers i haven't gone to see it . maybe i'll rent it

I think it looks alright.

youtube.com/watch?v=TBlA4l8it4o

If you're gonna rent, might as well pirate it.

It's medihv himself cray on fel magic.

I fucking love the Soundtrack and think about seeing it a second time.

God, I'm such a sucker for Warcraft.

Can't wait for Warcraft 2, and hopefully the extended cut will iron out some of the pacing issues.

fuck yes ogre mages and uther

I already watched my second time.
i will a third, and probably a fourth one.

Simple: It doesn't have name 'Disney' on it. Film is too complicated, not muh quips and not muh LotR, and it's not about transgender-lesbian black people, s critics hate it.

Let's be honest, you're probably not nearly intelligent enough to actually see the flaws in this movie. That's why you are the target audience.

you said something really retarded

Paladins vs Death Knights

Ignorance is bliss, I guess.

Jessie pls.

High fantasy played straight is critical cancer. It's not based on any currently highly-valued IP and it goes against the current trends of dark/low fantasy. Combine that with rushed pacing and hokey fantasy jargon and you get an critically panned movie.
I hope the 10+ million people who have played the Warcraft games are enough to make it succeed at the box office because it's not an objectively bad movie by any stretch of the imagination.

Completely agree fellow anonymous! Warcraft™ is a masterpiece and stuck up critics know nothing.

I'm afraid that will never change

They did better than the new Star Wars IMO. It did please many fans but it didn't do it in a "lol look your favorite characters xDDD" way.

Yes, they fucked up some intros due to cut content but other than that it was a pretty solid movie and they really showed that they actually cared for the games. The music and details were great and the style was game-ish and not trying to be realistic, which is something that actually improves the movie.
Were they expecting some grimdark shit style? It's fantasy. There's horrible kills, there's plenty of innocents dying and there's world-shattering magic fucking shit up but it looks flashy because it was based on something which was flashy to begin with. Overall a pretty solid movie.

The major flaw of the movie is that it was trying to tell too much... but it didn't. Those who played the games will instantly get the whole thing and enjoy the movie, but the rest will probably feel that there's something missing. Let's hope all the cut content fixes this issue.

Also the king looked like something straight out of Excalibur, which is something I really liked.

Problem is they wasted screen time on Garona and Lothar flick which is irrelevant to the story and they neglected completly the point and cliff hanger for the second movie which is forming of alliance and invasion of Burning Legion! Also the pupet master Sargeras, missed chance.

The problem is that they cut 40 minutes of matherial. It's almost third part of the movie. I'm sure there are a lot of important and interesting moments which make movie much better. I have no idea why did they thought that make film shorter is good for audience.

How does any of that shit matter? If you don't introduce Sargeras and the Legion and all these other assholes then it's really pointless to try and deliver a bunch of exposition about shit you have no interest in. Not to mention that trying to cram all that shit in would be too much.

Guldan is corrupting the orcs and he wants to take over the world. That's all that really matters. If you want to deal with the legion and all that then the natural point for that would be Thrall and his story which is all about cleansing the orcs from corruption. Other than that you could just have a straight prequel that's all about Ner'zhul Gul'dan and Kil'jaiden

They kinda formed the alliance at the end of the movie at the king's funeral. Then shouted "For Azeroth, for the alliance!"

The invasion of the Burning Legion will be in the third movie, if at all.

They might skip it completely so they can tell the Thrall story and finish with a happy ending when moses leads the orcs to the promised land (Durotar).

>yet another shill thread
Your garbage movie was a flop get over it.

Or maybe it's just a shitty, cheap videogame movie that only a bunch of smelly neckbeards like.
You are not relevant, and of course everyone is laughing at this piece of garbage.

I'm baffled at how hard this piece of shit is getting shilled in here.
Only Blizzdrones could unironically like this garbage, and I love how confused they look when everyone is laughing at the trash whoever hack directed this delivered.

I'm waiting for grimdark Warhammer fantasy movie. Or an MMORPG in the Warhammer: Total War world.

Warhammer lore is better than LoTR and Warcraft.

>t. someone who hasn't seen the movie

desu I cringed at how much they fucked up with wow and Diablo 3, but they actually delivered a decent movie. It's a movie that didn't try to fit or ride on any pop trend, it just tried to be a good videogame based movie without being fanservice: the movie, which starwars did and the critics fucking loved it even though not even the music was remarkable.

>literally the only argument blizzshills can muster up
If this movie was capeshit it'd be laughed off this board.

Thanks for admitting you haven't seen the movie

Why didn't they go straight into the Third War?
You have the Arthas Fall, Illidan turning into a Daemon and a bunch of other maddening shit.

You could even end the movie with the leaders of each race coming together and forming the Alliance and Horde

I just want a fucking Arthas movie

Can't understand WC3 without understanding WC1 and WC2

So many shills in one place Orgrim.

arthas is an overrated edgelord, and the story of warcraft 2 is far more interesting

warcraft 3 just go full retard with the lore.

Il never understand Arthas fanboys.. they act like hes some epic character when in reality he was just a fucking stuck up tool being used by forces smarter and greater them him

>If this movie was capeshit it'd be laughed off this board.
I, for one, I'm happy with the movie not being just another carbon copy of some popular fantasy.
They did show us a bit of the world of Azeroth and they made it work. Elves and orcs looking like the real deal and footmein with their tactics and armor. It was enjoyable.
I wonder who would play Kel' Thuzad if they made an Arthas movie.

I'd say you could probably start with the Second War, and explain the First with flashbacks
>First Follows WC2, Introduces Arthas and teases Illidan
>Second is WC3, Introduces Illidan and the NE fully, Stratholme burns
>Final is Full Arthas becoming the LK, Illidan runs to Outland and the 2 factions are created

I'm a much bigger fan of the LK as a thing, rather than Arthas

>Your garbage movie was a flop
There's a long way to go but it's actually doing better than expected internationally. Number one in France, UK, Russia, Brazil, Spain, a dozen other countries.. number one two weeks in a row in Germany.

$70 million dollars after one or two weeks in 20 countries, 36 countries to go including US and China.

>The acolytes of Azeroth have united to lift Legendary Pictures and Universal Pictures’ Warcraft to a better than projected $29.9M this weekend. That takes the cume to $70M after two frames.
deadline.com/2016/06/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-2-warcraft-x-men-apocalypse-me-before-you-international-box-office-weekend-results-1201767541/

>I'm happy with the movie not being just another carbon copy of some popular fantasy.
For fucking really?
Warcraft is a carbon copy of Warhammer, it's not creative, Blizzard has never done anything creative.

>bunch of critics who love disney's dick or special sort of films (shit). There is pic of critic who love Dragonball movie, but hate Warcraft.
>Have 7,5-8 at every big film cites.
>everyone
Yeah, literally everyone, user.
Darth Vader is overrated edgelord too. Joker, Magneto either. So, why not. People love charismatic vilians with tragic stories.

It was shit. Only wow fags will defend it. It makes capeshit look good.

>I'd say you could probably start with the Second War

You'd miss out on so much stuff, especially all the orc character development and the development of the Horde

>he was just a fucking stuck up tool being used by forces smarter and greater them him

He broke free from all those forces though when he realize he was just being used

don't compare darth vader to a retarded edgelord kid

I'm attempting to find a way that wouldn't turn WC1 - 3 into a 9 movie series

>Warcraft is a carbon copy of Warhammer,
What I meant by that is that the Warcraft movie wasn't LotR or GoT or Harry Potter. It was a Warcraft movie and it showed you the stuff part of the Warcraft universe in an enjoyable way.

The director did a good job.

You know what else was shit? Your mom after she gave me one of the worst blowjobs possible.

Kill yourself kiddo. I hope you get cancer and die alone.

Warcraft is shit. If you enjoyed spending a monthly fee and doing the same shit over and over. Good for you, fucking pleb.

WC1 & WC2 can easily be turned into a trilogy
WC3 requires at least 3 movies

>The same issues films like the new Star Wars had.
the new star wars was garbage though.

You comparing it to that makes me want to see it even less now.

I was gonna see warcraft just for the nostalgia factor of playing all those games.

Isn't Darth Vader retarded edgelord kid too?

i don't play wow but nice try

>kiddo
Imagine paying a monthly fee to do same shit over and over, or was it your parents who paid for the fee? Kiddo.

I would say that Arthas' fall is much better than Anakin, but Vader is a better character than the LK

Still that WotLK intro cinematic really is a credit to old blizzard's creativity and intelligence - shame its all fucked now

>Imagine paying a monthly fee to do same shit over and over,
Warcraft 3 is a one time purchase you retard

>arthas is an overrated edgelord,
As opposed to the rest of the villains in movies these days?

>Warcraft is a carbon copy of Warhammer,
It was initially but they did develop into its owm thing. Also, Warhammer is pretty shameless in how it rips off other things.

Movie reviews are always so los, as much as videogame reviews are always so high

Add 20 or 30 points next time you see a movie review

Never got into WoW. I still play warcraf 3t to this day.

>I would say that Arthas' fall is much better than Anakin, but Vader is a better character than the LK
Well, Vader isn't really the main villain - the Emperor is so it would be a lot more proper to compare the LK to him rather than Vader.

And arguably the LK isn't the main villain
After all the Burning Legion are the "true bad guys"

but all Warcraft 1 - it's fighting for fightintg. There is no more fucking scenario, are you kidding? Film based on the first Warcraft, what you expected lol?

LK isn't a villian at all. He didn't do anything bad, but fucking livings came to Northrend and begin their invasion.

>he never experienced the joy of raiding with your bros every single evening
>he never experienced the joy of spending literal months on trying to get a boss down and finally accomplishing it

LMAOing at your life dude

video related

youtube.com/watch?v=RSeVCw3hVgQ

You can do it by just focusing on orcs and humans.

twitter.com/ManMadeMoon/status/738868880773283840

I'm not to clear about the chronology in WC3, but I think Thrall escapes captivity, unites the orcs, moves to Kalimdor and settles in Durotar all before the Horde and the Alliance unite to fight the Burning Legion. Is that right?

Jones has mentioned that the third movie would end when the orcs find a new home.

>Remove orc scum from Azeroth.
>Genocide elves
>Destroy order of childsnatcher superwizards
>Pretend to help the burning legion only to be the ultimate cause of their failure.
The Lich King did nothing wrong. Neither did Sheev

Neither this Garrosh, but the horde has been corrupted by cuckoldry

youtube.com/watch?v=tC-ol6xY5zQ

I went in blind, dont know much about warcraft.

Story was very easy to follow, cgi was amazing, but that's it. Felt a little bland, to try hard I guess?

Its great for fans dont get me wrong, I'm sure it made fans happy, but the movie was just bad.

I enjoyed The Huntsman more, and some other comic book hero movies. I would even dare to say Batman vs Superman was better.

Sorry, but it's just my opinion. If you enjoyed, good on you. If you like warcraft, you'll probably enjoy it. If you don't or are oblivious to it. You won't.

Did Warcraft copy Star Wars and then Star Wars copied Warcraft? It's like paultry.

your opinion is right and you should feel proud

Yeah, Blizz does have that annoying tendency to constantly invent ever bigger baddies who are secretly behind it all.

Yeah, he just murdered a whole bunch of people and destroyed a bunch of cities.

What pissed me off was the ending, the orcs won the first war and destroyed Stormwind so it kinda felt like the whimped out, hopefully the intro to Warcraft 2 will show a destroyed Stormwind.

What the fuck, it's an imdb copypaste or whta the fuck is that?

I enjoyed going out with my actual bros, being social and hooking up with women.
Yeah I'm sure that raid loot was awesome but it will become irrelevant in years time, when you moved on to real things

Lmao at your life, you probably stayed weekends inside playing wow, instead of going out.

It was Ner'Zul who manipulated him. After he finally banished this tyrant out of his mind, LK peacefully fell asleep on his throne. He just wanted peace.

All they needed was a 5-10 minute intro about what happened to the orc homeworld and a couple of scenes inbetween during the rest of the movie

>I'm not to clear about the chronology in WC3, but I think Thrall escapes captivity, unites the orcs, moves to Kalimdor and settles in Durotar all before the Horde and the Alliance unite to fight the Burning Legion.

Nah, he settles in Durotar after the Legion is defeated. The time between that and leaving Azeroth is spent making friends with the Tauren, seeking out the weirdo who told him to run to Kalimdor and killing Mannaroth. Also being a total prick to the night elves.

he turns into a avatar form of sargeras. The kind his mother fought and infected him

They've expanded that plot considerably now

Or rather given it a plot

depends on what are you going to see and how is it advertised. The rest is up to the market