Explain why noise/industrial/power electronics is objectively bad without resorting to:

Explain why noise/industrial/power electronics is objectively bad without resorting to:

>it's not music, therefore it's shit
>i don't like it, therefore everyone must be pretending
>it's edgy

I'll wait.

No

there's no rhythm or beat. It's complete fucking madness

it's not "objectively" bad, but:
>grouping noise and and industrial as if they were the same thing
and more importantly
>i dont like it

There is nothing objectively wrong with PE (or any other genre of music for that matter.) It accomplishes what it sets out to achieve, which I assume is causing discomfort and shock in the listener. Most people aren't looking for that, so they avoid the genre. I don't know what else needs to be said.

I only listen to noise under the following circumstances

1.Palette Cleaner
2.Inronically

It's far too abrasive for me. Probably the musical equivalent of that guy who shit in a can and sold it as art

Power Electronics are a bit of a different story, enormous emphasis on bit. I do find myself enjoying Birdseed on occasion but that's about it.

I know from the name merzbow that its overrated because i know that people just like to say the name because it sounds cool

You can admit you like it but that doesn't make it good or interesting.

>doesn't make it good or interesting.

Elaborate?

Too sparse, repetitive, and ubiquitous. Pretty boring stuff.

Don't lump industrial with PE and HN though, it's far more versatile and interesting than either of those two genres.

noise is great but Sup Forums has shit taste in noise

>shit taste in noise
If someone told me to listen to a distorted field recording of a construction site and a Merzbro track I wouldn't be able to differentiate between the two.
Call me a pleb all you want.

It was Salvador Dali, and most of those cans of shit later exploded.

It doesn't require the performer/s to learn an instrument, therefore it requires less skill to create.

Merzbow isn't good noise. Merzbuddha was okay.
this is not true

it's not bad

haha I made that opinion

It isn't objectively bad. Most of it just is bad.

God, noise fans are dense.

I fucking love noise, but good noise and bad noise are indistinguishable to newfriends, so everyone and their mother thinks they can make a noise album. That's how you get such a bloated genre with so much horseshit.

Tauromachine and Door Open at 8AM are both GOAT. Pulse Demon is pretty good, parts of the Merzbox are fantastic (though I haven't finished it yet), and if you sift through his lesser known analog releases, there's some genuine gold

Also, anybody want into a noise room on Soulseek? It's private, but if you have or want some rare noise/PE, just give me your username

ill put it like this

i like wall noise and a few other noise albums but dont care for hardly any merzbow or power electronics

its really just preference

A lot of people don't find the sound of piercing harmonic frequencies and harsh white/pink/brown noise amplified one hundred fold in their ear drums to be very pleasing or interesting considering there is no predictable or rhythmic nature to most of it. I suppose you could argue it's good because of the live performance, but at that point it enters the realm of performance art as well. I can see the appeal I guess, but here's one reason it isn't good, physically. Extremely high frequencies and boosted amplitudes will damage your hearing, which is absolutely not good.

I usually just turn it down

That was Manzoni you utter piss horse.

Power electronics seems to have a tendency to fetishize fascism.

This isn't a criticism per se.
Trap fetishizes drugs and violence.
Lots of genres have a thematic root in terms of lyrics.
Classical fetishizes a number of different things.

merzbow is legitimately the greatest noise artist of all time though

yeah m8 i don't listen to noise at full volume. good explanation, but that doesn't make noise bad universally. you're just describing why people wouldn't like noise.

I feel like some noise/power electronics are much more powerful if experienced in a live setting

>mfw to intelligent to talk to plebs about noise music