Hey guys, any artists/albums like this one with less screaming...

Hey guys, any artists/albums like this one with less screaming? This is awesome music but I think the amount of screaming takes away from it's brilliance.

pleb
you can't have DGD without the dumbass screaming it's half the appeal

I meant specifically this album. And no, people like different things about different music. This album is great musically and has some really good tunes, but they use too much screaming imo. That's why I'm asking if this type of contemporary music exists without screaming or with less screaming.

you might like chon and strawberry girls. Tera melos is cool if you dont mind mathy shit. Speed of sound in seawater is all clean vocals too i think

this
chon/strawberry girls is instrumental

I would really just try listening to different DGD albums first.

Happiness is more friendly if you don't like the screaming vocals.

Also screaming grows on people I'd say

give it a chance

Part of DGD is the humor and silly wordplay they inject into their unclean vocals. I wouldn't even listen to them if their shit was just clean vocals

I was into screaming when I was younger, trust me I already got well into it. Now at 25 I want much less of it.

That's literally my least favorite aspect of it, the only part I don't like. I don't feel right being 25 and hearing COCAINE, CRINGE FEST

Thanks guys I'll check them out now

yeah jon mess is unironically the greatest rapper of our time and im more excited for the next secret band release than DGD

Just drop DGD. You'll never like them. If you have to cringe through 90% of their music, just stop.

tides of man, closure in moscow, in:aviate

What thread are you in? I just told you that I like this album and listen to it regularly.

I think it would be better without screaming or with less screaming, which is why I'm asking about similar music with that tacked on.

I don't understand how you can like an album and think that 80% of the content shouldn't be in it but okay

i think its a relief to find a band that doesnt take their image too seriously. Plus cocaine cringefest basically describes modern internet culture and our manic obsession with dumbed down art

I guarantee you that 80% of Mothership isn't screaming, and I don't completely hate it.

I simply think it would be better with less, but I like the guitar, bass, clean vocals, much of the lyrics, song structure and style. I don't get how this is so hard for you to understand.

Hey man, I'm sure I would have agreed with you in the past. People change as they age and so do their taste. A band making joke songs is more novelty than enjoyable music to me at this point.

i dont get how theyre joke songs rather than just nonsense lyrics. I like the integrity they keep by not making exclusively love/relationship based lyrics or whatever the norm is at the moment, its refreshing and it doesnt take away from how great the music sounds because its too wacky like mr bungle's first album or ween

Just the concept of making lyrics that are supposed to be jokes and screaming them intensely in the midst of an otherwise serious and well made song puts me off. Once again, don't get me wrong I really like this album and I've been listening to it more than any other lately.

Check out
Stolas
Sianvar
Hail The Sun
Strawberry Girls
Amarionette
Tides Of Man
Pmtoday
Lower definition
Closure In Moscow
A Lot Like Birds
Emarosa

Also the screaming is the best part pleb it adds character

theyre not like pun jokes though, just stream of conscious nonsense that occasionally bring up really good points. Yeah its definitely offputting but i think dgd is kind of a band thats just bound to put people off no matter what theyre into listening to.

There's nothing pleb about being a 25 year old man who has mostly grown out of screaming. Thanks for the suggestions though and I love Emarosa.

>No one's recommended The Sound of Animals Fighting.
They're Bready Gouda, phəm

you should try Astronoid - Air
it kinda reminds me of DGD except shoegazey

true but on the other hand i also think you've ingested this culture's narrative of age-appropriteness way too much
i mean, logically nonsense lyrics have nothing to do with personal independence
that's really not something you have to care about, just saying

I get why you would see it that way, but I am very conscious of social pressures, and this feeling seems to come from nowhere. It really is just part of aging. People moving through their 20's start to like screaming music less and less, it's just how it goes.

Dance Gavin Dance is an insult to Post hardcore. Ian mckaye would be so ashamed knowing that albums like this are actually created

Labels and strict adherence are for squares. DGD is better musically than most post-hardcore I've ever heard

>this feeling seems to come from nowhere
i know, the idea is too deeply ingrained to go anywhere
i'm 22 and i've always kept a positively contrarian attitude towards little things like that, i'll see myself what's gonna happen though. because on the other hand, "they" say that the music you loved at 15 will always sound like the best in the world to you, and i've heard similar things from a bunch of older people

I felt the same way as you at 22 as well dude. Come on, you know you've had moments at this point where you weren't going to do or be like what older people do, and then it just made sense to you when you hit a certain age.

The march of age and its effects are beyond your conscious control and influence my dude. In 3 years you'll here screaming on an album and be like "fuck...maybe I'm too old for this"

I also fight it every step of the way, but you could not force yourself to enjoy kids cartoons at 17 (aside from spongebob) anymore than you will be able to enjoy screaming in the same capacity when you hit 30. It's beyond your full control my dude.

I dont see whats insulting about moving the genre forward from the 90's. I mean theyre not diy at all but they put a lot of thought into their music which should be the primary concern of any musician.

i think if you have enough humility to laugh at yourself liking music with screaming then youll be able to live with enjoying it later on. also looking back on things with age, knowledge and experience can give you a greater appreciation even for something as simple as a cartoon. You just need to leave the pretense at the door when you indulge in something

Like I said, it's not a conscious decision. There are decisions you make by rationale and logic, there are also decisions you make based on deeper feelings that you can't shake.

That deeper feeling is that I don't like screaming as much as I used to when I was younger, and I'm confident that has something to do with the psychological impact of aging on the human mind.

Man I love that album cover but that album is so fucking bad.

I know this is a Sup Forums meme but have a beer and listen to it one more time.