"I admire metal's obsessiveness, energy, and brutality, but I cannot stand its delusions of grandeur...

"I admire metal's obsessiveness, energy, and brutality, but I cannot stand its delusions of grandeur, nor the way it misapprehends reactionary notions of gentility."

"i literally cant stop sucking dicks. it's a real problem in my life"

-OP

trasnlatuion:

metla is wicked sikc but i'm still very love elites

>trasnlatuion

Can someone translate this word for me?

He's right, you know.

"Meal is the only true form of rock-and-roll. It's all darkness and brutality. If Beethoven were alive today, he'd be in a meal band. \m/"

By the way, it's been my observation that Christgau has, ah, aged really...fast recently?

Here he is in 2012.

...and 2016, only four years later.

I wish christgauposting would stop

As long as mealfags take the b8, it probably won't.

I wouldn't describe doom, stoner, or sludge metal as having "delusions of grandeur". He should stop using Finnish power metal as the posterchild for metal music.

Although considering he doesn't listen to metal except for the occasional major label plebcore release like MOP, I doubt he's even heard any Scandinavian power metal.

Not happening, he has a column with trendy tastemaker webzine noisey now. He used to only be brought up here when people were making fun of him, but in the past year or so his popularity among neo-Sup Forums nu-males has skyrocketed

Also his Twitter tears and butthurt on Election Night were glorious.

I guess crossing the ol' 70 hump does that.

I plan to take my own life at 70 desu. No point in going beyond that.

tl: i'm too gay for metal

Paul Simon is a year older and looks 10 years younger.

yeah he's one of those guys who's aged really good

>you were born too late to shove Robert Christgau into lockers and give him swirlies in high school

those assholes are the reason we have to read pastas of his senile insecure ramblings shitting on anything slightly masculine

i see your point

>senile insecure ramblings
Most of that shit was written decades ago.

k we'll just say insecure rambling then

benefits of a baby face