Why is Death Cab for Cutie so unpopular on Sup Forums

Been listening to Transatlanticism a lot recently and it is a very good album, but I barely see it mentioned on here.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IRWM6Aa_cEo
youtube.com/watch?v=6xcsZEsK8sM
youtube.com/watch?v=7xz72V-Mphw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

who /postalservice/ here?

They were really only good until Transatlanticism. After that it was a steep decline. The guitar work got way more boring and the songwriting and production seemed aimed more towards pop hits than the previous work. Something about airplanes and Photo album are my shit though.

how now brown cow

also yes forever and always

I think they are a great band but in recent albums, they seem less excited about the music they're making and it shows in the quality.

Transatlanticism is the first album I listen to every year. It's also really fucking good.

I liked them a lot in high school but barely listen now

I also think We Have The Facts And We're Voting Yes is a better album than Transatlanticism but I fear I'm in the minority

I like Death Cab, but yeah, their more recent work has been less inspired. I think Plans was the last album of theirs I was really into. There are some pretty decent songs on Narrow Stairs and Codes and Keys, but they aren't as good whole album.

But The Postal Service is truly the best, no fucking contest.

i can't fucking stand ben gibbard's voice it's like nails against a chalkboard

see his cover of indian summer

I don't hate them but I find them a bit insipid. The songwriting doesn't really hold my attention aside from a handful of songs.

..Because they're old and generic?

Sound of Settling and Follow You Into the Dark are their only songs that dont bore the fuck out of me

What, those songs are both boring pop

BA BAHHHHH

First half is great, second half is pretty bland apart from Tiny Vessels and the closer. I think they are a neat band, nothing special.

You're not alone on that opinion. That album is a feels tsunami.

One of my favorite albums desu. Never gets old.

this. no male vocalist should have a voice that high and saccharine.

I'm obsessed with Ben Gibbard Covers. I have a ton of favorites

youtube.com/watch?v=IRWM6Aa_cEo
youtube.com/watch?v=6xcsZEsK8sM
youtube.com/watch?v=7xz72V-Mphw

Leaked photo of the new battles album

I love DC. I used to post about them a little more. But they're one of my fav bands. I don't care what anyone on here says. I don't know if I have a fav album but I think Transatlanticism is amazing

I actually really like album, but I feel like We Have The Facts and to a slightly lesser extent Photo Album has stronger and more dynamic song writing and instrumentation. Not to mention Ben's RAW feels ass lyrics compared to the more vague/more accessible emotional narratives on Trans and their later garbage work.
We looked like giants and Titles and Resignation are some of my favorite songs of any bands.

Lel

I find it odd how he's able to sing without showing the slightest modicum of emotion.

We Have The Facts has been my favorite DC album and always will be. Its amazing in it's simplicity but solid melodies. Once you know the songs it's so easy to get into them.

Also WHTF is a concept album/rock opera. Ben confirmed like the first half, but I 100% think they all fit. Albums about failed relationships are a dime a dozen but I htink that makes this such a strong cohesive album. Its not a story about the rise and fall. Its a story about falling and falling and falling.

The protagonist (kinda) has already been cheated on and broken up with by the 3rd track. Company calls epilogue is about him showing up drunk to his ex's wedding just to fuck shit up. Not out of anger, because he couldn't let her go.

The last track arguably ends with him killing himself. "A four-year offense to the devoted type. I may have got an invitation but i wasn't invited." I imagine he got the invitation because his ex wanted him to move on, but he wouldn't.

Sorry for the rant. I've been trying to get my friends to listen to years but they won't. I've never been able to talk to someone about an album I think is incredibly dense with plenty to dissect.

Ben Gibbard is a perfect example of a nu-male
He's so fucking beta that Zooey couldn't stand him

[spoiler] narrow stairs is their best album [/spoiler]

also the postal service is GOAT tier

Please leave

granted bixby canyon bridge sucks, but the rest of the album more than makes up for it.

Everything up to Plans was god-tier. They declined HEAVILY with Narrow Stairs.

Codes and Keys was a mistake.

Only Black Sun from Kintsugi was any good.

Same.

Company Calls Epilogue is still my favorite Death Cab song of all time.

WHTF, Transatlanticism and Plans got me through some very fucking hard times of my life.