Racism in America

Is it really that bad to be racist in Murica? I have to go visit my uncle for some weeks (so that I can learn the language better). I talked to him and asked if there were a lot of niggers where he lived and the conversation went something like this:

>why do you ask that user are you racist?
>I think I am? I dunno i just hate niggers they make me uncomfortable
>why do you say that wtf you are not gonna get along with many people here then
>I m used to niggers we have them in Italy too, just that they are fucking poor and not walking the streets like normal humans beings

I don't really care about what he thinks (as long as I can go in Freedomland) but is it really that bad to be racist in US?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vMWHJDr8fxE
dnainfo.com/chicago/2016-chicago-murders
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_New_York_City
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Not if you're in bumfuck nowhere in the South. Unless you happen to find yourself in a bix neighborhood.
If your uncle lives in some place like say New York or San Francisco then you'd better put on the best cuck facade you can.

4.5 thousand blacks were lynched by whites when that practice was occuring.

Over 450 thousand whites have been killed by blacks since then.

You will be socially lynched if you mention this in many areas of the continent.

no not really

>tfw people still unironically call negroes negroes in my region

>is it really that bad to be racist in US?
It's all lies and veneer. In reality USA is highly segregated and for a good reason. Nobody in their right mind live next to nig nogs.

I've been to Detroit. It's on the border with Canada.
youtube.com/watch?v=vMWHJDr8fxE

>but is it really that bad to be racist in US?
Yes, its bad for black people (within the community) to be hateful as well.

You're expect to be silent and ignore people you dont like in public (cold shoulder).

It sounds more to me like you want to study race in the US, is that true? If so, just go to the local mall or whatever and watch how people interact.

When a black man bumps into a women on the street and she drops her bags; he says 'sorry, mam.' But wont give the time to help her pick any of it up.

If a white man bumps into a black women and she drops her bags, you say 'im sorry, miss' and keep walking. No need to waste time, we all have things to do.

this. fucking euros/canadians making us out to be a pol warzone. we're not. we're all too consumed by our electronics and consumerism to care

>warzone
dnainfo.com/chicago/2016-chicago-murders

It may not be warzone but parts of your country look like the aftermath of the zombie apocalypse. I've been to Detroit, Cleveland, and Chicongo. You can't trick me.

>I've been to Detroit, Cleveland, and Chicongo. You can't trick me.
Chicago is replacing every other city in the US as the current Warzone.

People in Detroit want a new path, Chicago on the other hand is just entering its grievance phase.

irrelavent

yeah, our poorest areas do suck. just like your native reservations, or the abo areas of australia. they are, however, far better than they used to. Chicago's 700-something annual murder rate is nothing compared to NYC in the 90s. That was a real warzone.

obviously doesn't have the same connotations it has here.

See

t; Stop and Frisk

How was ny fixed? Better policing or did the community sort themselves out?

don't forget one of, if not the greatest, undertaking of gentrification in this country's history. Times square used to be a shady, slimy hangout for prostitutes and criminals. now its a showcase for the entire world to see

>Times square used to be a shady, slimy hangout for prostitutes and criminals. now its a showcase for the entire world to see
t; naked women with pasties on breasts.

Giuliani got super fucking aggressive with crime, upending Italian crime families, instituting an advanced (for the 90s) statistical method for mapping crime, major gentrification, etc.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_New_York_City

The economy worked for everyone during that period as well.

Its no coincidence that the crime drop coincided with 90s economy.

Ms Frizzle also took the kids to visit NYC in '94, and upon seeing its state, aimed the magic school bus at the nearest gangsters and stepped on gas

>When a black man bumps into a women on the street and she drops her bags; he says 'sorry, mam.' But wont give the time to help her pick any of it up.
>If a white man bumps into a black women and she drops her bags, you say 'im sorry, miss' and keep walking. No need to waste time, we all have things to do.

That's kind of sad desu. I m going in US just as a "vacation" and to learn the language but yeah i'm interested in studying how different races in a country like america (where like niggers and whites are considered the same) interact beetween them, Then again I'm racist so i think i will not be objective.

He's Italian. It's a given that he's going to New York.

Yep is it really that obvious? God damn stereotypies.

To be fair race doesn't have much to do with that. If a black man bumps into a black woman he'd act the same way.
I think the only real difference would be on her end. She would be more likely to yell at him than a white man. Similarly a white woman would be less likely to confront a black man.
They would probably get much angrier in private though.

For the reverse situation a woman would either do the same thing or offer to help but expect the man to say "it's okay" and let her go.

Personally I would much rather someone move along than try to help me. I would worry that they are trying to steal something.

>Is it really that bad to be racist in Murica?

No it's not and you're perfectly within your right to be racist, as long as you're willing to deal with the consequences of course.

You want to be out right racist, expect people (of all races) to be offended, expect to embarrass yourself and your family, and for people to refuse you service and treat you with a similar level of manners, that you're showing them.

If you're not silly enough to be blatantly racist then you'll be fine, but then you're also alienating yourself from other people and missing out on what's enjoyable about visiting the states, which is meeting a lot of different people from around the world with different backgrounds and stories. And the vast majority of the people you meet here are nice and pleasant (yes even the poor black people).

You'll find that you have much more in common with people than you think.

Why even come to the most diverse country in the world (in New York of all places) if you don't want to experience what makes it unique?

Not the way you think it is, according to our media.
Whites and Asians are too busy working.
Hispanics stay in their own areas and do Hispanic things.
Most of the racism here is blacks vs everyone else. They seem to think that they are entitled to their anger and choose to remain ignorant and dependent.

>be black
>living in New York City. (manhattan)
>saw this white lady (European to be specific) who dropped her metro card.
>Went and picked it up to give it to her
>Said "excuse me miss you dropped your metro card"
>she didn't turn around and continued walking
>lightly tap her and the shoulder
>she turns around and clutches on to her purse
>this bitch really thought I tried to rob her in the middle of Grand Central station

but yeah when she realized her dumbass isn't getting robbed and shes in fact getting her metrocard back she took it from me (didnt thank me either).

She's a stupid cunt but I dont allow wh*te people to ruin my day/life.

also OP you can be racist all you want when you are visiting but you get the wrong person and your shit will get pushed back famo

Freakonomics did a story about this in their movie. about 50% of the drop in crime rate happended because of abortion, Roe v Wade.

Basically less unwanted babies grow up to become criminals. Giuliani still did a great job too.

>expect to embarrass yourself and your family.

Here is totally fine to be racist. It's not like "YOU EMBARASSED OUR FAMILY BECAUSE YOU CALLED SOMEONE NIGGER" so i couldn't care less that some niggers think that my family is shit etc. I dunno if you are exaggerating and if what you said applies to whites too.

> OP you can be racist all you want when you are visiting but you get the wrong person and your shit will get pushed back famo

what does this means? That some random guys are gonna beat me up? It's not like I'll be walking on the streets screaming "I'M RACIST FUCK YOU NIGGERS". It's just that i'm uncomfortable around niggers and i was scared that if I met like a group of guys some of them could be black and I could seem disgusted (wich I'am). Be disgusted during a conversation when you are trying to socialize in a different language is not ideal.

most black people are used to people acting different around them from what i have gathered.

most of them arent bad. you can see and hear the bad ones coming a mile/kilometer away

One thing I noticed here at a college in PA is that black people go out of their way to speak very politely, saying 'sir', 'm'am', etc. It sort of comes off as awkward to me

Yes it applies to whites too, no I'm not exaggerating,

People in my family would be embarrassed that I'm mistreating any person while we're out together, they wouldn't let me hear the end of it.

You mentioned in you op that your uncle wasn't agreeing with your racism and that you'd not enjoy your trip if you don't like black people. I'm sure he'd be embarrassed to be associated with you if you called anyone one a nigger in public while he's spending time with you.

>most black people are used to people acting different around them from what i have gathered.

True for the most part, I've gotten plenty of blank stares and limp handshakes from people that were not thrilled to meet me.

>most of them arent bad. you can see and hear the bad ones coming a mile/kilometer away

Also true.

I didn't specify this but he is not really my uncle. He is like some sort "really close family friend" and since I was like 3 I always called him uncle. Btw yes he would be ashamed but it's not my fault if black people disgust me (sorry for that, from what I have understood you are black user). Also I shouldnt call black people "niggers" like I do here because that's offensive right? Only black people can call each other "niggers"?

>they make me uncomfortable
lmao why are you such a beta

really? I gotta watch that sometime. fascinating if true!

>Also I shouldnt call black people "niggers" like I do here because that's offensive right? Only black people can call each other "niggers"?

Yes and it's offensive. It's a nuanced word that depends heavily on context and the relationship of the speakers. It's best not to use it.

It's a hold over from southern culture. Blacks in all parts of the country tend to have a unified culture that is pretty similar to the culture in the south. You always address people as "sir" or "ma'am", especially if you're young.

t. Tennesseean

yes, it's a problem because if a nation as diverse as the us normalized racism we'd be unable to unify