Well, Sup Forums? Is he right?

>problematic

i never read anything that appears after this word

>His favorite song was El Scorcho

Absolutely delusional human being

who cares, art can be all those things and still be good

fuck off

Lets find out

>And this is coming from someone who, for the longest time, claimed their favorite song by anybody was 'El Scorcho'

Stopped reading right there

>favorite song was El Scorcho

No, it's okay to being a living human being. The fact that progressives think everyone needs to be a borg is what's problematic.

>its rawness and edges were eye opening for me
You can safely disregard anything further he has to say. If he can't articulate what he appreciated about the album any further than "rawness and edges" and "relatable to the nerdy side of me", you shouldn't trust anything he has to say about why he dislikes it.

this is your brain on marxism

>white person writes lyrics that are blunt and genuine and not necessarily politically correct especially if you take them out of the context of the 90s when no one cared about stupid shit like this
>FUCK WHITE PEOPLE
>rap glorifies violence, drugs, gangs, full of misogyny and blatent sexism
>what a beautiful culture :)

said nobody ever

>especially if you take them out of the context of the 90s when no one cared about stupid shit like this
>t. babby who wasn't self-aware during the 90s

Art doesn't have to be nice. Art should explore every little aspect of humanity, be it good or bad.

Political Correctness will be the death of everything sacred in Western society, taken if K-Pop isn't mass-institutionalized or hasn't mass-infiltrated the psyche of everyone by then.

Yea, you weren't, that's plainly obvious.

>no u
sick burn bro

He saws that the appeal of the album is its edge and rawness, and he's absolutely correct. This is an album that is the very embodiment of heart on your sleeve. If Rivers' censored himself at all while writing these songs, it wouldn't be nearly as good as it is. He completely puts himself out there, the good, bad, and ugly. That's part of what makes it a classic.

There are so many things wrong that

Lyrically, Pinkerton is often second-hand embarrassing in its content (the self-confessional young adultness of it, the niceguyism, the Asian fetishization, all of it). That's also what makes it great, imo. It's an honest snapshot of how a lot of people are and how they're thinking at that age. Once you're out of it, it's hard to really be able to put yourself in that space and write an honest portrayal of what you were like, embarrassing (and humanizing) shit and all

Get this post tattooed on your forehead

>Well, Sup Forums? Is he right?
I'm not seeing how the album is racist, homophobic or misogynistic. Care to explain?

if u a real one

>Caring about other people? What a terrible idea!

>is it racist/misogynistic/etc?
yes
>does that mean it's bad?
no

>yes
How so?

It's an album that is painfully honest and begrudgingly relatable. Everyone has felt as Cuomo has at some point although they deeply regret the days of their teenage naivety, but it's almost cathartic in the sense of finding art that gives closure to those emotions.

Same Pinkerton was so absolutely panned on release and Cuomo went fucking insane, I can only imagine what else we could have gotten.

That's literally the whole fucking point of the album.

"There are some lyrics on the album that you might think are mean or sexist. I will feel genuinely bad if anyone feels hurt by my lyrics but I really wanted these songs to be an exploration of my "dark side" - all the parts of myself that I was either afraid or embarrassed to think about before. So there's some pretty nasty stuff on there. You may be more willing to forgive the lyrics if you see them as passing low points in a larger story."

He explicitly named the album Pinkerton after the "asshole American sailor similar to a touring rock star" from Madama Butterfly. It's supposed to be immature, niceguy-ish, and fetishizing, it's the entire concept of the album. This kind of emotional honesty is fucking dead now because no one's going to be willing to face the torches and pitchforks for it. This is how a guy in his college years, desperate for poon, is going to think and feel. The album is a reaction to it, and it's also it's greatest strength.

>Is this a bad album Sup Forums?
>No because I'm 16 and-- I mean, it represents how all 16 years old think, so it's a good album
Great thread.

>the Asian fetishization
Finding asian features more attractive is "fetishizing" them?
Fetishizing asians would be saying something like "I want to date asian girls because they're submissive, sexy and obedient"

> Explain why the album is good
> "Haha lmao 16 year olds right??"

Great argument

kek

not surprised at all that the title of a reddit post has 'problematic' in it

go away

No. To call the lyrics homophobic or racist is plain wrong, and while you could argue that Rivers is somewhat disrespectful to women, its also stupid to get mad about it. He doesn't mean any harm, he's just this awkward manchild that didn't understand why some of Pinkerton makes him seem like a creep.

>he's just this awkward manchild that didn't understand why some of Pinkerton makes him seem like a creep.

He understood it well then and understands it even better these days. See for proof that he understood it then and interviews from the early 00s to prove he understood it after the fact.

I'm and I'm 27 and a non-white female. The need to prove how above everything you are goes away with age, just FYI

Sorry, meant for

Explain how this has anything to do with dialectical materialism you fucking amerifat illiterate right wing dipshit

i think he's alluding to cultural marxism

>Yes, I'm a human being that has sexual thoughts as anyone else except I chose to open up about my fantasy about a younger Asian girl, because I'm lonely and have a racial preference
>ummmmm, sexist and racist much???!??

>I feel like such an idiot for falling in love with a girl who only likes other girls
>wow, you're hate gays too, Rivers??!!!!??!

Really makes u think...

>'Pink Triangle' belittles a supposed lesbian woman
She's explicitly stated to be a lesbian, and the singer is explicitly belittling himself for falling for her. How are people this fucking dense?

>cultural marxism
Retarded conspiracy theory. And even if it's true that jews and intellectuals are trying to destroy western civilisation and the white race by promoting homosexuality/race mixing/"degeneracy"/whatever, that has literally nothing to do with anything Karl Marx ever wrote. Read Capital.

(im not the guy you were replying to)

Because it was made by white men.

Imagine being this pointlessly autistic

>Discovers new music through Rock Band
>Weezer was the band that "got him into music"

Regardless of whatever his post says, his opinion is objective trash