Caster Semenya

So, Sup Forums, what is Caster Semenya exactly and should Semenya be allowed to compete in female events?

Semenya will easily win gold in the womens 800m and could break the World Record

For those unaware...
>Semenya has no womb or ovaries - but, and because, of a chromosomal abnormality, she has internal testes.
>She was controversially forced to undergo gender testing by the International Association of Athletics Federations following a successful season in 2009.
>It was due to a rare condition - ‘hyperandrogenism’ - which leaves her with testosterone levels three times higher than is expected in women.

poll for it
strawpoll.me/11016707
strawpoll.me/11016707
strawpoll.me/11016707

its a bit ambiguous in her case since she was also born with a fanny and isn't a tranny so i think she probably should unless she's also a "lesbian"

>no ovaries
>has testes

Gee I wonder

>unless she's also a "lesbian"
Semenya has a wife

>Should a woman compete in the Women's events
gee that's a tough one, australia.

I mean the reason we separate men and women in sports is because they perform differently.
So I wouldn't want to insult her by saying she can't be a women but at least as far as sports go she should compete with men.

Does that make sense? Am I a horrible asshole for saying that?

But is it fair putting her with men? She has 3-4x the testosterone of women, but still less than men. Or so I read

Clearly she has a genetic advantage, but why should that make her ineligible?

Michael Phelps, Katie Ledecky and Usain Bolt clearly have massive genetic advantages over all their competitors and yet no one says that they should be disqualified.

Okay with Semenya you could say her particular mutations give her male traits. But equally she also has female traits. So how would it be fair to put her with the men?

>Semenya
>Semen

More like Castrated SemenNO. LOL

luckily these things are only a problem for women's sports

Yeah, it's probably tough on her because this isn't a situation where she would have necessarily known - she might have, but on the outside she would appear like a woman.

It's a different deal when you get someone deciding they're a woman now and that as a result they should get to compete with women.

I voted No and it showed up as Yes.

Nice rigged poll, tumblr.

source?
she's far weaker than men.
She probably has some condition that gives her higher testosterone than normal for women, but without reachign the level of men.
Or some other hormonal imbalance like that

Phelps and Bolt compete against the best.

Yeah I get that argument too. Bolt is champion because of his genetics and technique, so she shouldn't be punished for having unique genetics.

But Semenya's genetic advantage seems so much greater than Bolt's, it's not just being a bit taller or faster. I mean if the other women were to triple their testosterone levels they would be instantly banned for cheating. Her entire body, skeletal, muscular and cardiovascular system are completely different to 'normal' women. It doesn't seem fair to everyone else

Posted this in Caster thread the other day but again...

Gender in [current year] may fall on a spectrum, but sex doesn't. The designation of males and females in sport is based in physiology (sex), not identity (gender). She may identify as female, but even being intersex she is closest to males both hormonally and anatomically (she has functioning testes). Therefore if she competes, she should compete against other biological males regardless of her gender identity.

what a load of bollocks

but I think the arguement is that she (naturally) has physiological traits of both the female and male sex, making the issue far less black and white than you imply

I get where your argument is coming from but biologically she is intersex, a genetic condition that

What are it's chromosomes?

I think they chose not to make that public.

Then you can guarentee that they're xy, because if they were xx then that would confirm ""her"" a woman and end the controversy.
Semenya confirmed to be a man.

I propose that 2020 changes "men" and "women" competitions to "XY" and "XX". Japan doesn't like trannies and the stigma that mental illness has over there borders on infamous so they probably wouldn't give too much of a shit pissing off shemales who are biological males who want to compete in women's events for easy medals.

Obviously doped up to her eyeballs too

sometimes it's not that simple. her y could be inactive or partially inactive
she might also be a genetic mosaic, meaning some cells are xy and others xx

there's a lot of ways for nature to complicate these things
/biochemist

She has testes dumb fuck.

The biggest genetic advantage comes from male vs female genotypes, to the point where they're fucking split into 2 categories

This mutant is clearly not a woman hormonally

If I was a top level female athlete and I had to deal with dudes with advantageous bone structure etc. I would be pissed for sure. Since I'm not, I don't give a fuck.

Kinda hope trannies competing in women's sports becomes a big thing, the tumblr crowd taking a giant shit on legit female athletes would be pretty funny.

/cocksucking shit cunt*
t. nuclear physicist

I vote yes because I want to see the butthurt once the """""gender""""" floodgate is open in sports

trannys will be at the next games

Funny how there is no women trying to compete with men.