What do you think of Chinese suburbs, Sup Forums? As wealth increases in China, so is demand for suburban housing...

What do you think of Chinese suburbs, Sup Forums? As wealth increases in China, so is demand for suburban housing. Pic related is an upper-middle income development near Wuhan.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VaNAfGBIw1s
city-data.com/forum/urban-planning/1644642-european-equivalent-suburbs.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

why doe they all look the same

I look at this and see the end of the CCP. It's very difficult for authoritarian governments to control a strong middle class.

the chinese trust the ccp, more so than you realize

Doesn't mean a whole lot since infrastructure development in China is driven by arbitrary state production quotas rather than market demand.

half of the country is desert or mountains so if their cities would be american-sized then the good half of china would be one giant urban area

No they don't

^This. Planned showpieces to make the CCP look good, but nobody actually lives in those things.

Here's a more upscale suburban development near Shanghai, with a "nature park" theme.

lol

Capitalism truly is glorious. It really wasn't that long ago and Shanghai was an unlivable third world shithole.

This is a Chinese suburban development at ground-level. You can see the orientation of certain architectural features in accordance with the principles of fengshui.

Is the Chinese government spreading propaganda here again?

Meanwhile in real China...

Suburbs are an American meme. They're terrible to live in, inefficient and environmentally harmful.

At least model your cities after European towns for fuck's sake. It's not exactly rocket science.

nice mcmansions

They can copy anything but they had to copy one of the worst aspect of America.

There is also a type of housing development in China called "泰晤士小镇", which means Thames Town. It basically means recreations of streets in what the Chinese believe to be an "English" style.

These are not quite "suburbs," but they often include suburban housing nearby.

>No muslims/chavs
Unrealistic/10

Here is a larger Thames Town development.

You can see the suburban developments nestled between more urban developments in an area closer to the city.

Are there Aussie mcmansion suburb complexes?
The ones over here are god awful

This is pleasing to look at

Here is a more affordable suburb, though still more expensive than most apartments. Lots and yards are smaller, and designs are standardized.

>disgusting, wasteful urban sprawl instead of somewhat ugly, but highly efficient, low cost high population commieblock housing.

0/10.

these actually look pretty comfy tbqh

This isn't what I imagined. Not at all.

Here is a development near Shenyang.

of all the Euro nations they could copy, they picked the worst, with little to no architectural style.

When the industrial revolution came, Brits decided to cover everything in concrete, cut down all the trees (factories needed fuel) and generally turned their towns into hideous grey and brown hellholes.

Ironically this picture looks better than most genuinely British towns Also it makes me wonder why'd they build a church, I was under the impression the Chinese government didn't take kindly to that sort of thing.

Is it one of those ghost complexes? I could see myself living in one of those.

It does but it's so fucking tacky. I wish they'd build modern suburbs with actual Chinese inspired architecture.

Are these actual churches or just for show to fit the theme?

Suburban house with driveway.

is this what happens when communism and capitalism have a baby together

That can't be upper middle

I think they are actually stores/malls in the interior. They are not churches. But if you're copying an English town, you need a church spire I guess.

>I use the population median as a basis for calculating the definition for upper middle salary

There are but much rarer. Most of our suburbs are cosy sprawls with its own commercial area, and all connected by trains.

Does china make good cars?

Since their cars are only produced for the domestic market or sale in Third World countries, I'm gonna go with a no.

fucking kek

They make "good" low end cars.

as an American suburbs are awful. This one looks even worse. American suburbs suck but this chinese one is like an american suburb with cancer. Way too crowded, at that point it is all the problems with suburban sprawl but with high density issues too and none of their advantage. Yards are too small and roads too small for so many houses. houses look cheap.

youtube.com/watch?v=VaNAfGBIw1s

They have a HUGE housing bubble. Middle/upper middle class Chinese have very limited investment opportunities, but one way they can invest is through housing. So they're buying up houses and apartments looking to make a profit in the long term (as their population is expanding), but there's no one to actually buy them up. Video is worth a watch.

Like I said, it's just propaganda projects to make the CCP look good but nobody really lives in those things. Most Chinese have Africa-tier living standards.

>tfw your suburb is mentioned

feels weird man

Why is the plate in English?

are any chinese products good? 99% are pure shit. If you need something cheap and dont mind if it breaks chinese is fine.

Id never trust my life in a chinese car. I cant even imagine a chinese plane

>a script from Italy and a number system from India
>English

Everybody in Sydney knows Burwood and Bankstown.

The worst part is the smell of their home kitchen

Even in wealthy housing, it always smell like rotten fish and a mix of various Chinese sauces and pickled foodstuff

in china arr rook same
good for them

I thought they were communists?
how do they have upper-middle class housing then?

who do Tamil women blow themselves up?

Because so is the way of nature, user.

dont ask me im not tamil

So are there actually people living there or what? From what I can tell, I can't see a single fucking car on those roads.

Not really.

Looks soulless

American influence

So they're just like those ghost cities I take it? Geez, they really like burning their money on shit that hardly anyone will use. Although I'd love to ride a dirtbike around in those areas. No traffic yo'

>CCP cares what neets and autists on Sup Forums think about chinese suburbs

They're projects designed mostly to curb unemployment by giving workers something to do. What's sad is that traditional Chinese architecture is extremely beautiful, but they can only build shitty imitations of European cities.

Wow.
Rude.

>pollution is literally destroying China's air, water, and soil
>no, let's spend our money on imitation cities

All the globalists like Henry Kissinger and Forbes Magazine were way off when they said this was the superpower of the 21st century.

They don't have any traditional culture anymore; Mao Zedong took care of that a long time ago.

China is lowering their coal consumption and investing in renewable energy sources though. It's not like you can only do one thing at a time.

depends, are they like those ghost massive cities being built because stuff?

The idea that a population of entirely chinese/not mostly white people will have their own experience of suburbia is odd to me. Pretty neat but strange to imagine.

>China is lowering their coal consumption and investing in renewable energy sources though

The CCP says a lot of things.

>They're projects designed mostly to curb unemployment by giving workers something to do.

that's not it, they stopped doing that in the early 90s

they use cheap materials and cheap labour to build houses which they then record as valuable assets
only the government is allowed to track gdp, they use construction like this to lie about how fast they're growing

There's more ghost town complexes in the US than China

Mostly because of 2006-2009.

Same here in España

[Citations needed]

There's clearly a few cars

>tfw live in mcmansion area which is also connected via train

btfo

No. Please. Stahp!

Ahhh
I live in vancouver this is so true.

The ghost cities are apartments. Not suburbs.

[Citations needed]

You guys are fucking retarded.

>USA slowly realizing that suburban sprawl and strict zoning were a terrible idea
>China with four times the population suddenly goes HEY LET'S START BUILDING SUBURBAN SPRAWLS
Are Chinks literally the most stupid, useless people on earth? The more this goes on, the more I have a feeling that they'll be the death of all of us someday.

they're stupid, useless and completely ignorant. and they have a lot of money now

g fucking g

fuck me that's depressing and in a bad way

Did you ever take a moment to think that maybe these suburbs are .01% of the housing in China?

And Australians are fucking drunk meth addicts who ruin my country.
You just dig up rocks to sell to the "stupid ignorant" Chinese

Bullshit, I see no cars.

OP made it sound like a serious trend.

what the fuck, we don't ruin your country

that is the british that reside in the united kingdom which contrary to popular belief are different to us

and we gotta stop selling to china idc if we go poor, i hate that country

city-data.com/forum/urban-planning/1644642-european-equivalent-suburbs.html

Hmmmmmmmm

What are you trying to say?

There's literally 2 on the road closest to the bottom of the screen. 3 more parked by the houses a little above it.

Also, you do realize that many suburban developments are closed in every country until they are finished? Kind of lowers selling price when juan and co. are right next door banging walls together.

Yeah well it's not. China has a massive urbanization rate that's leading to their horrible city pollution (although better than India/Indonesia/Turkey).

You are literally the same trashy anglos.

Good thing you don't run your country. Butthurt and racism shouldn't decide economics.

Would unironically live in

Western Europe, especially Netherlands, Belgium, UK, and Spain have a lot of the very same suburban developments as US/China.

you're the one that seems butthurt, pingping

I could say the same about some US cities, couldn't I?

>no sidewalks
I know everyone has a car, but come on

>defending factual evidence is butthurt

You're the one who'd prefer poverty over Chinese trade. Now THAT is butthurt.

No no Americans and Europeans are objectively better! They totally didn't have a massive housing bubble, financial collapse, and drag the world down into recession 8 years ago!

Many suburbs have one on one side of the road. Probably the same out there

>Neo-feudal land tenure developments of late Sung and Yuan times were arrested with the foundation of the Ming Dynasty. Great estates were broken up by the government, land redistributed, and private slavery outlawed. As a result, by the 15th century, most Chinese agriculture was conducted by small farmers. But the Ming rulers ultimately could not solve the country's perennial land tenure problem. As early as the 1420s, the peasant population was in trouble despite reduced taxes and other efforts to improve their conditions. Large-scale landlords consequently reemerged as powerful families encroached on the land of poorer neighbors. Although Sung-style great estates did not reappear, by the later years of the Ming Dynasty, sharecropping was the norm for millions of peasants, especially in central and southeastern China, and the disparity between the upper and lower classes grew alarmingly. The Ming government issued an unending stream of official proclamations decrying the fate of the common man, but took no action whatsoever to improve their conditions. In fact, the government itself, especially in the 16th century, often worsened the problem by awarding huge pieces of land to empresses, army commanders, princes, and other imperial favorites, whose business agencies were among the most callous of all landlords.

And history repeats itself.

60% of Brits live in row houses.