Is this show any good?

Is this show any good?

it's pretty preachy

Try watching it.

did you think this was clever or funny when you wrote it? Because it is neither.

Try answering my question.

Have you read the comic?
If no, then maybe

If yes, then LOL fuck no

Only the first episode is out. Nobody can really say. I wasnt too happy with many of the liberties they took in the changes, but they nailed a few things.
>dark humor
>Cassidy

Thats actually about it. Id say watch an episode and if you dont like it, watch something else. I think it warrants watching the next episode tonight.

i liked it. im hyped for the 2nd ep.

got a (you), so i win

92% on RT so yes because Sup Forums takes RT to be the Word of God

I highly doubt I will ever read the comics.

They good tho

Because the last time I read the source material for a show was for Game of Thrones and it made me hate the show.

Funny you mention that, Im almost halfway through A Clash of Kings right now and I'm already starting to hate the changes. Though, there really dont seem to be too many in the early seasons. Im sure it will get worse as I read more.

Dany is equally annoying in both mediums however

I'm giving it another episode.

It was... odd. Not outright bad, but just so fucking weird.

I watched season 1 of GoT when it first came out then read all the books.

The changes weren't too bad until like season 4 and I dropped it after that season.

Im still watching. At this point Im too invested in the plot to quit it. I know its shit but I cant look away. Its a beautiful disaster really.

I read most of the comics and I quite liked the first ep. They took a good few liberties but none were so bad I actually cared. They changed Tulip from a blonde white girl to a black girl but she actually played the part to a T from what I can remember. That's a lot more important, makes the show watchable and the change forgiveable.

Afterall, changing character's gender or skin colour is rarely the actual issue. They usually do it to pander to political correctness and quotas and end up getting someone who REALLY doesn't fit at all, which is what pisses people off the most.

That all said, I'm cautiously optimistic and will be watching a few eps to see how they go with it.

I am 30 minutes into the episode and I don't even know what is going on. The episode is all over the place.

i fucking hate book dany much more than show dany. everytime i turned the page and it said her name i would audibly groan. why hasn't she died yet?

>made tulip black
>shit over the plot
Nah mate it's shit. I liked the comic when I was young but it's clearly edgelord shock value garbage now.

Don't bother with either.

Not ecstatic about the cast, but I think they did an alright job, I'll be watching it

of course they made somebody a nigger. have to fill that diversity quota. are there any trans pansexual characters in the comic book because i'm sure they'll have to wedge one into the show by the time the season is over.

Coming from the comics: FFFFFFFFUCK NO

But I've heard it's more bearable for people who don't come from the comics

The people who claim the show is good but have read the comics, or that it's a good adaption, I think a lot of them are lying. It's about as faithful to the comics as Game of Thrones is faithful to Lord of the Rings.

There's a degenerate dude that fucks anything and has a shit fetish. Something for everyone in preacher.

if you never read the comic you may find it enjoyable, if you did you realize what a mockery of the comic it is and don't enjoy it

i kind of like the cast. i like that the preacher is a badass and he has the same last name as me. it's about time there was a cool Custer

>Im sure it will get worse as I read more

It will. The showrunners gradually took bigger and bigger liberties with the story each season.

Me too. It's like a trainwreck and I can't look away.

This is pretty much what I was going to say.

I thought the first episode was a little rough, but still better than a lot of other shit on TV right now.

HOW ABOUT GEORGE ARMSTRONG CUSTER YOU REDSKIN BASTARD

dude, do you know how many Custer jokes i had to hear growing up? The irony is General Custer was a badass and a true hero, but he's only ever remembered for getting btfo by shitskins

I just can't give it a shot. Call me whatever you like, but there is no way AMC can maintain the same edge as the source materials. If this show was picked up by HBO/Showtime/Starz/etc then I would be all about giving it a go, but that is not the way it is.
It could very well be a great show, but I can't bring myself to give it a try.

Saint of Killers ftw.

meant to reply to you this guy
so is this the live thread?

"Live" might be a bit of a stretch

so is this vampire mick a cool vamp? like does he only kill bad guys and whatnot?

In the comics, he only drank blood to heal himself, and even then it was usually off of douchebags who were looking for a fight. He doesn't particularly care for blood, saying that it is about as appetizing as a raw steak.

oh shit niggas, we got the saint

I read the comics about five years ago. Can't remember shit. Wasn't mad about anything. Like that the tone isn't straight edge and also not Marvel quip city.

Seems p okay to me based on the pilot alone.

anyone know when new episode is available on amc? my roommates are watching some basketball game in the living room

can he live without drinking blood?

i read the comic before the show. Honestly it didn't do much for me, dropped it after issue 15 or so.

Watched the pilot of this and while it doesn't seem as bad as Lucifer, it still was really weak.

Yeah, indefinitely. He just needs it to heal himself from grievous injury. But he has no craving for blood, doesn't particularly enjoy the taste for blood, and doesn't even have fangs. He just rips a hole in their throat with his normal teeth.

Season 1 book to show was excellent. I admit I read the books after season 1, but as I read it was like scene for scene, so I was very impressed and happy with the show. They have fucked it up so much, I stopped watching before the last season and from what I've been hearing, I made the right choice.

5 was bad, so far 6 is pretty good. Im only a little ways through the 2nd book but I dig both.

I got bad news user
I think they don't plan on having him in it at all.

Awful show

They had to screw the books starting with ACOK, after this, it gets so complex even a 50 episode season can't handle the shit.

It's an unpopular opinion because people don't like to you know, think... But they've made mostly good choices to compress everything in a tv show.

A Clash Of Kings is the second most boring book after A Feast For Crows tho. A Storm Of Swords is the best one.

It's sacrilegious and disgusting.

but you wanted a carlos

i like that twist on vampire lore. do the comics explain much of the vampire lore in that universe?

Not a whole lot. The only times you even see other vampires are Cassidy's back story where some unnamed vampire woman attacked him and was never heard from or seen again, and his side story where he meets another vampire who is a total douche.
There's no real knowledge of what vampires are or where they came from, only that they can only be killed by sunlight, which makes them combust. No garlic, running water, stakes through the heart, or magic nonsense. They don't turn into bats or wolves or make ghouls, they are immortal, regenerative, and strong enough to lift a truck.