Why did Canadians vote for this man? Isn't he worse than Harper?

Why did Canadians vote for this man? Isn't he worse than Harper?

I don't know.

Yes.

tacos.

C
U
M

Candian PMs aren't elected.

They're chosen by the ruling party.

Fun fact. The ruling party can have less than 50% of the vote.

Funner fact. The US president is elected by 500 or so people, the electoral college.

Funnest fact. The Russian president is directly elected. Russia is more democratic than the core NATO states. Hence why they must be destroyed.

We have a much freer press and don't oppress the political opposition here. The US just had an election where the candidate that by all means the establishment opposed, but still won because Obama did not act like Putin.

Canada or Russia? The answer may surprise you...

For Russia though, they have way more political parties, and candidates. Not Russia's fault they lucked out with Putin from the start.
And US wouldn't allow KGB era media operating in and out the US like Russia does.

Trump is as establishment as they come. The otherside is just retarded and having a fucking meltdown.

Fact: Canadian's are the most powerful leaf in the world

This is your brain on RT.

So, Sup Forums in general?

He seems to be doing rather well by all accounts.

Sup Forums hate him and he's said some stupid shit but his policies seem to be effective, and he's made canada look really good internationally.

he lied to get elected. presented himself on a more leftist platform but now that he's breaking his promises he's basically just harper with weed

Hes alright, nothing special about him apart the family name he carries, he needs to slack on the minorities and feminist memes

Sun shine birds fly grass grows and politicians lie

>We have a much freer press
didnt trump said he was going to shut that down since they shit talk him?

Hes okay a bit too smug

pol thinks hes terrible

Canadians are the laziest and most retarded people I've come across. They just don't give a damn about anything other than watching a bunch of men skate around and chase a piece of rubber. Oh, and they like hurling stones across the ice.

It's a shit country that hasn't had any existential threats so they're destorying themselves through immigration and liberal "values".

They're on their way to becoming as big of a shithole as Sweden.

After President Trump finished southern wall, we'll need a northern one as well.

dam here i thought you where talking about mexico.

Does Sup Forums actually have good reasons for hating him?

He's left wing and he's in power.

What more do they need?

Black skin or a vagina, usually

Mexico has lowriders, Mayas, Aztecs, Pyramids, funny hats, houses who run fast, food, el dia de los muertos, parachicos, nunetas, tequila...

The last time we had an existential threat we marched down and burned their white house to the ground.
Canada is a great place to live. Trudeau isn't great but he is a million times better than Herr Harper inmost regards.
We are literally a nation of immigrants, as is America. Aside from the scattered native bands on their reservations (and small populations in cities) the majority of people here are immigrants, usually only going back a few generations.

Bring on the wall, we need a shield from the retarded hordes to the south and their Orange Hitler.

>american """education"""

t. american proxyfag

He shit all over native treaties in favour of pipelines and is honoring weapons deals Harper made with Shitty Arabia but other than that he hasn't done much. Got the ball rolling on legal weed which is pretty sweet.

>DUDE WEED
>DUDE GAY AND TRANS PRIDE PARADES
>DUDE OIL
>DUDE SAUDIS ARE BROS
Sounds like pure cancer

>he thinks Sup Forums memes are accurate

Kill yourself.

>The last time we had an existential threat we marched down and burned their white house to the ground.
kek'd. you're a fucking idiot if you think you losers would present any threat today.

you're either gonna end up as a commie China's territory or as an islamic caliphate.

Well he definitely scored the women's vote

>american """education"""

Canadians did NOT vote for him.

His party got 39% of the total votes and got 54% of the total seats in the congress. This is more outrageous than Trump winning 48% of total votes and winning the election. But no one talks about it.

TL;DR Canada's election system is a joke.

>he doesnt know what a parlimentary system is

The difference is Canada has more than two parties, so Trudeau still got the plurality of the votes. If Trump got 45% of the vote, Hillary got 30%, and someone else got the last 25%, then Trump's victory wouldn't be so controversial.

And Trump got 45% of the vote, not 48%.

I'm not convinced that Trudeau is all that popular desu. The Conservatives were in power for 10 years, eventually they were going to get voted out, and by default that means that the Liberals would form government and whoever was leading them at that time would become prime minister. That's how it works in Canada.

(and yeah, i know that the NDP were the second party for a while, but that was never going to last without Taliban Jack)

And check this image. I'm pretty sure Barack Obama blacked Justin Trudeau's wife with the BBC,

People only bitch about our electoral system when their party losers. I don't think any party ever gets more than 40%. That's what Harper got and the left spent years whining about it. Before that it was the Chretien Liberals getting back-to-back majority governments with the exact same numbers and it was the Conservatives who were butthurt.

He won by default. People were just generally sick of Harper after being in power for a whole decade. No party in Canadian history has been elected 3 times in a row. The sad thing is that polls showed that people actually agreed with Harper's policies more than Trudeau's, but yet people still voted for Trudeau and his party.

All Trudeau had to do was not be a completely garbage candidate. Still, no one fucking voted for in Western Canada because of his name. But on the other hand a ton of people voted for in Eastern Canada BECAUSE of his name. And whenever West and East vote against each other the East naturally wins because bullshit.

He won't win the next election, not a snowballs chance in hell. People are already starting to get sick of him and his SJW pandering bullshit. He is also a literal fucking idiot. Like people who actually hang around him say that he is a fucking idiot.

>No party in Canadian history has been elected 3 times in a row.
This is not true, but otherwise you are right.

>manitoba
Opinion discarded.

>This is not true

Really? What about with the same guy as PM? I really don't recall a PM serving 3 consecutive terms

We are 1 of the only 2 provinces currently not governed by leftists.

Try again

The Liberals were elected 4 consecutive times between 1993 and 2004, 3 with Chretien and 1 with Martin. There are other examples but I'm not going to bother looking them up right now. But yeah, Canadians just get sick of the same party after a while. Harper wasn't all that popular in 2006 but he got elected because the Liberals were around for too long.

>The Liberals were elected 4 consecutive times between 1993 and 2004

Oh wow no wonder the 90s were so shitty. Jesus

>Oh wow no wonder the 90s were so shitty. Jesus
the 90s were shitty in canada? Why?

Our economy was pretty trash, Quebec almost voted to leave by a 1% margin, Meech Lake Accord failed (Would have given the Provinces more power), eh idk it just wasn't a very great time

Chretien was and is a snake who should never have been prime minister, but the right-wing vote was split and everyone was still pissed at Brian Mulroney.

Brian Mulroney is the worst PM we've ever had. I would vote any other candidate of any era over him.

Yeah from what I've heard Mulroney was a pretty big cuckservative

>because bullshit
Try because of population density you stupid flyover faggot. BC also told you to go fuck yourself you east vs west retard.

I don't really know much about Mulroney, but there is no way he was worse than old man Trudeau.

That's probably because you're a braindead idiot who gets his opinion from memes. Mulroney gutted industry in Canada and was a corrupt ineffectual basket case.

He makes tweets like "because it's the current year" unironically, and has said dumb shit in the past too.
Mourned Castro as well, and let a forest fire burn his country down while losing his mind on social media.

Rude.

>fire burn down his country
Fort Mac was handled well all things considered. It's more a provincial issue than anything.

Trudeau is easy to dislike on a personal level, but I don't think he is actually in charge of anything. He's a figurehead, nothing more. I don't like the Liberals but I don't think they will destroy the country over the next four years, and I welcome the opportunity for the Conservative party to move on from the Harper years, I don't like that son of a bitch either.

>They're chosen by the ruling party.
same here. the idea is that you vote for a party, and they elect a leader who best represents them. but we know who that person is during the election
>The Russian president is directly elected. Russia is more democratic than the core NATO states.
i wouldn't say that. Originally he was supposed to be president for 4 years, but he extended for 6 years so he could stay president a little longer. nice democracy
In Germany, we have somehting called the 5% barrier. To avoid chaos in parliament, a party needs to have at least 5% of the votes to be allowed in parliament.
Logically, that means that the total distribution of parties in parliament changes. So if one party got 30% of the votes, but the other 70% fall onto smaller parties who each get less than 5% each, that one big party would get 100% of seats in parliament.
i imagine it's the same in canada

We need this guy to be prime minister. And if he can get elected to the party leadership I think he will beat Trudeau in a general election. I fucking hate Ottawa, and Maxime Bernier is the only politician I have ever seen who actually seems serious about shrinking the federal government.

You're getting O'Leary you delusional idiot. Cry about it if you like it's not going to change.

>bernier
HAHAHAHA go outside and talk to people nobody wants to elect a hatchet man not even conservatives outside of fringe cuckbertans

>You're getting O'Leary
Why? Because the CBC says that he's in the lead? Fuck off you mong, we don't have open primaries, and no one who is actually involved with the Conservative party wants O'Leary as leader.

Every single Canadian woman voted for him.

>why
>because he's in the lead
Yeah that's usually how elections work. And because old max has the charisma of a dead cow. The writing is on the wall, like I said go cry about it.

Identitarians

Bernier is the candidate who is raising the most money from actual party members all across the country. That's the real indicator of where this campaign is going.

>¡Yeb2.0!
Oh it's clear as day.

>For Russia though, they have way more political parties, and candidates.

United Russia has 77% of Duma seats and a similar number in the Federal Council, and the vast majority of governors and regional council members. That's after they got 56% in the last election. The other parties and candidates are all either United Russia stooges, very obviously controlled opposition, or get few enough votes and funding to be irrelevant. As soon as someone remotely threatening shows up, they instantly get the living fuck sued out of them by the state (or private citizens acting as government shills) on bullshit charges to tie them up in court hearings and force them to spend a fortune in legal fees, harrassed by every service from the police to the taxmen, openly threatened by people like Kadyrov (guess how often there's even a fucking criminal case opened, let alone any action taken), financially cockblocked (most recent example: Yandex just banned private citizens from receiving donations for political activity, very obviously because Navalny's campaign is crowdfounded), or straight up fucking jailed and murdered.

>Russia is more democratic than the core NATO states.

Where do I start? The fact that peaceful protests in numbers more than 1 (one) are illegal and have to be greenlit by the government (in practice they don't give a shit and jail single protesters anyway even if they're maintaining the legally allowed distance from each other)? Surreal falsifications in elections (look up the list of statistical improbabilities in the last one, comparisons of outcomes in voting districts that had independent watchdogs and cameras vs those that didn't, etc.)? The fact that "foreign actors" (on paper NGOs supported by foreign capital, in practice any NGO the gubmint doesn't like) have to register on a fucking list? Yarovaya's packet?

Why did I even type all this, RT pros just want to believe Russia is the last degeneracy free stronghold of the white race

He isn't in the lead. By any measureable context. He just announced he is running so of course attention is on him

Stop shilling for this globalist scumbag. He won't win anything and you are the delusional one for thinking he will.

I'm screen capping this for posterity. Because you are a tone deaf out of touch moron.

You think he is our Trump but he fucking isn't.

You can call me all the names you want it doesn't change the facts.