I was wondering...

I was wondering, what do people who shit on Tame Impala and their fans listen to that makes them feel like they don't need some Tame Impala in their life? Enlighten me. (aka redpill me on good psychedelic rock/pop albums)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XfkBueEBIRA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

here u go better than every tame impala song youtube.com/watch?v=XfkBueEBIRA

I like this so much, thank you man! but this sounds to me more like Connan Mockasin or Mac Demarco than it is Tame Impala..

I never tried to listen to Animal Collective actually apart from MPP which I wasn't a big fan of. Will give them another try.

Damn guys! Only 2 replies? Where are all the muh tame impala are a reddit band?

i agree i like those two artists better than Tame. I've listened to every tame impala album multiple times and didn't get the big deal. I like some songs but overall they never clicked for me. Enjoyed that album kevin produced for his gf then his own solo stuff.

I first got into Tame Impala by listening to Let It Happen when it was released as a lead single, then I went back to Lonerism then Innerspeaker. Lonerism and Currents are good albums, why don't you like them? Specially that you're a fan of Mac and Connan. Also check out pic related if you haven't already.

yeah i heard soft hair. its pretty decent for being a collection of songs recorded over the years

>lonerism and Currents are good albums, why don't you like them?
i like some songs off those albums but overall I just put their discog on a playlist.
from lonerism I like
Endors toi
mind mischief
keep on lying
nothing that has happened

rest suffer from poor lyrcism and really forcing the psychedelic feel when it should come natural
Currents I like
Let it happen
nangs
moment
eventually
less i know
disciples
new person

real nigga shit

Tame Impala is watered-down corporate "psychedelic" with the worst underage burger records fan base of all time

If the fan base didn't overrate them nobody would care or hate your precious buzzband for boring silver lake yuppie tools

>duuuude I just tried weed for the first time this sounds amazinggg

Here is actual good psychedelic

Tame Impala always sound to me like some watered-down version of a great band. I don't know what band would that be, of course, since I don't know much about psychedelic pop, it's just a feeling that their music gives me. Perharps it's intentional. Some of their songs sound like remixes of classic rock.

I love Arcade Fire, Of Montreal, AnCo, the Beatles and Beach Boys too, of course, and they do have some similarities with Tame Impala, in my opinion, but with Tame Impala I don't understand all the praise. Maybe it's just not for me.

Their first album is pretty great. Their second had a lot of good tracks and a few boring ones. Their third had a few good tracks and almost all boring ones in my opinion.

I can't think of any modern bands that I would really call "psychedelic" that are doing anything new and interesting. I think the genre has evolved to incorporate a lot more electronic stuff, and I am not sure it's right to put it in the same category as psych.

Bands like Temples, Levitation room, and Black angels are not bad, but I don't think their sound is particularly innovative

those who listen old psych rock, do you enjoy the music despite the poor sound quality?

>do you enjoy the music despite the poor sound quality?
what poor sound quality? you mean the lack of ableton live kevin uses?

Detroits Brave The Go

Definitely, it's part of the sound. It would be like metal without distortion.

my man if you dont know of Montreal then you're missing out. so diverse in sounds and structures, never boring.. and beautifully trippy.. kevin really knows how to layer shit beyond belief

Listen to Of Montreal. Their earlier albums are great examples of psychedelic pop. Later they started using more electronics and got more dance oriented, and some of those albums are great as well. Satanic Panic in the Attic combines both of those traits.

You mean like old Jimi/Byrds/Beatles? a) I don't find that stuff to be poor quality, though some acts are and b) that's part of what makes it psychedelic rock

Why do people always mention of Montreal when tame impala comes up (including myself)? Why do they feel so similar? I can't think of an objective reason

One is a great rock band and the other is some indie tripe that you'd have to dig hard on the internet to find fans of, beats me

Which is which? Are you trying to say Tame Impala is a great rock band?

Does one mediocre album and two shitty albums make a great rock band?

You sound like a Father John Misty fan

shit-tier band tbqh desu

The Beatles
The Beach Boys
The Zombies
Can
The Jimi Hendrix Experience
Pink Floyd
The Doors
The Rolling Stones
Led Zeppelin (more blues rock, but TI copied them nonetheless)

to name a few that I enjoy that Tame Impala heavily borrowed from

Innerspeaker (8-) > Halfaxa (6)

Lonerism (9-) > Visions (8-)

Art Angels (9+) > Currents (9-)

So probably Tame Impala, but Art Angels is the best albums from either of the 2