youtube.com/watch?v=Eh1-T1HqEJY
youtube.com/watch?v=qsbiyvpel54
youtube.com/watch?v=Fb_0LzBv894
youtube.com/watch?v=vjxqYdGWjgM
youtube.com/watch?v=ADPk5PpkjMg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Tame

They are both bad, but Grimes has like 2 songs that are pretty good

grimeth produced Visions on garageband, Grimes is more diverse, Grimeth is an attitude

It could be an interesting collab. Psychedelic as fuck.

Now Tame I can get into

tame impala plays all of his instruments betters than grimeth and has been nominated 4 a grammy

you're dangerously off-kilter, boyo

It means nothing. The actual music counts: Grimes did better music than Tame Impala in every way. She has a huge talent for layering sounds in exciting ways and a great sense of melody and rhythm.

its literally just pop lol

am i on reddit

so?
kevin has a huge talent for guitar riffs,drumming and synths
grimes can't make it as a pop star and currents outsold and outperformed AA even pitchfork rated currents higher

grimes is so scared of drums she doesn't even bother playing them. just hides behind her keyboard

You're literally wrong. For instance, how this song youtube.com/watch?v=hy3FPRaeW3Y is just pop? On what pop charts did you hear something like this?

This.

Grimes is fine but her strong suit is composition but not really execution and she has good vocals. I mean listen to a lot of her songs and you'll notice a lot of it is special effect with some sort of scale or drone then she sings over it. Also her lyrics are weak, tho tame impala isn't that good in that area either

Nice b8 m8.

youtube.com/watch?v=N9XKLqGqwLA
huh?
grimes herself doesn't like making music like dream fortress anymore
try again
she made a song for a blockbuster movie shes pop

you sure have shit taste

that was before her skills as a writer improved. she made that textury kind of boring shit because she didn't quite have the skill to make pop music. Listen to her albums in order and you can clearly see she just wanted to make pop music her way.

why does noone appreciate Grimes' first two albums, of course her newer stuff is more mainstream pop but her old stuff is much better anything Tame Impala who make mainstream music too now

>Grimes fag now starts samefagging
SAD!

because the new grimesfags only wanna discuss AA

>kevin has a huge talent for guitar riffs,drumming and synths
So? The actual music matters.

>grimes can't make it as a pop star and currents outsold and outperformed AA even pitchfork rated currents higher
An established rock band is more popular than a quirky synthpop female solo musician, anything surprising about that? Grimes kinda failed as a popstar because she's too quirky, but she did amazingly well as an indie musician.

And speaking of P4K: they robbed AA. The correct rating should have been over 9.0. They realized their mistake and fixed the issue nicely: they put AA at #3 and Currents at #5 in their albums of the year 2015 list: pitchfork.com/features/lists-and-guides/9764-the-50-best-albums-of-2015/?page=5

>grimes is so scared of drums she doesn't even bother playing them. just hides behind her keyboard
Grimes loves drums, but the electronic ones. She's a big fan of big beats.

They're amazing albums, but they're less accessible than her newer work. Do you expect most Sup Forumstants to invest some time trying to get into them when they barely gave Visions and AA a listen?

>An established rock band is more popular
Kevin records all of his albums solo
try again
youtube.com/watch?v=Eh1-T1HqEJY
Notice how good the drumming, guitars and synths are being used in this song. find me a better grimes songs

BWAHAHAHA

RIFFS, DRUMMING AND SYNTHS AREN'T REAL MUSIC ARE YOU FUCKING AUTISTIC KEKEKEK

I didn't say she's not pop, I said she's not "just pop" when you dismissed her music like an ignorant here She's half pop - half experimental. You posted that song Realiti which is a perfect pop song, but you forgot about some pop songs with experimental elements such as laughing and not being normal, SCREAM, Life in the Vivid Dream, Kill V. Maim, Venus Fly.

that wasn't me

anyway I agree with the pop/experimental label

>7 pro-Grimes posts has been made with the IP count remaining at 11
S A D !
A
D
!

It's still a band even if he's the main songwriter (like NIN).

>find me a better grimes songs
That's easy. How many songs do you want? In meantime I'll post just 4:
youtube.com/watch?v=qsbiyvpel54
youtube.com/watch?v=Fb_0LzBv894
youtube.com/watch?v=vjxqYdGWjgM
youtube.com/watch?v=ADPk5PpkjMg

I don't hear any drumming or good guitar riffs from those songs

>It's still a band even if he's the main songwriter (like NIN).
so I guess grimes hiring dancers makes her a band also

>counting ips
>being this autistic
SAD!

>so I guess grimes hiring dancers makes her a band also
Dancers =/= musicians playing a song

>I don't hear any drumming or good guitar riffs from those songs
How did you manage to listen to them so quickly?? You asked for better Grimes songs (regardless of instruments) you got them.

>S A D
Why so sad, Sadposter?

>She has a huge talent for layering sounds in exciting ways and a great sense of melody and rhythm.

Kevin has those very same things, just expressed differently. If you try do what they do, you'll see that kevin's method requires more far more talent than grimes'

>you'll see that kevin's method requires more far more talent than grimes'
Nice try.

you are such a blinded degenerate, grimes and her generic pop beats are literally horrible

I think it was referring to me slipping up and saying "more far more", makes more sense than him thinking that...

>idiot being mad

nah

I don't know why you want to compare them, but personally I like Tame Impala a lot better.

I like some tracks on Halfaxa and Visions, but I thought Art Angels was pretty aggressively terrible

>pretty aggressively terrible
You're just a pleb, don't worry

>generic pop acts who had some slight buzz years ago
>If I arbitrarily call them 'contemporary artists' then it makes them 'good'
No.

I adore each of them but I feel like Tame's music gives you more to learn about and discover upon listening to. It feels more special than Grimes. Like it comes around less often.

Grimes

kek

>heres two of my favorite artists

You know what contemporary means right?

It's not a synonym for good dude literally just said heres two artists i like that are alive

Grimes is more special IMO. I mean, do you know a similar artist to her? Even a single one?