I've been memed on

I just watched the Sopranos because Sup Forums INSISTS it is 10/10 kino with no faults. I just finished it and it was pretty much shit with a couple of bright spots. Here are the main problems:

>a whole cast of sociopathic characters that never live long enough to experience arcs
>main character that is completely irredeemable yet never has anything bad directly happen to him
>main character's son is the most whiny, show ruining character I think I've ever seen. In season 6b he seriously has like 50% of the screentime
>The slightest social faux paux gets characters killed almost every season
>the fucking therapist every god damn episode, and nothing ever comes out of her character or Tony's progress
>The show literally doesn't end

This basically feels like a show with no depth, and then every couple episodes they kill someone to make you feel excited for a minute and forget how bored you were. Can someone PLEASE try to explain what the point of this show was supposed to be? It was boring as shit and none of the characters ever went through an arc, they were just shitty people and then they died.

>>main character's son is the most whiny, show ruining character I think I've ever seen. In season 6b he seriously has like 50% of the screentime
Did you cover your ears and close your eyes every time his fucking mother or sister came on?

Don't get me wrong, AJ is a whiny pussy, but both Livia and Janice are far worse cunts

You've been pleb filtered

Watching Sopranos is like basically watching the food channel. Tasty eats every episode.

>I just finished it

That's more than I did. When I think something is shit I drop it

>main character that is completely irredeemable yet never has anything bad directly happen to him
stopped reading there

back to r3ddit, kiddo.

They said it was the best show of all time

They said season 6b would make it all worth it but all that happened was everyone died and made everything confusing

It's a let's introduce a story-arc that we'll never fully resolve episode.

Sopranos was just good for it's time, because before that there weren't any good dramas with a plot who moves on in every episode, only episodic shit like Knight Rider and Dukes of hazard.
That's also why japanese media like anime (japanimation) it'z superior, they were miles.ahead of their western counterparts, that's why I consider sopranos the first western anime.

ITT: plebs

Don't worry. You'll appreciate how good it is when you grow up.

>a whole cast of sociopathic characters that never live long enough to experience arcs

Christopher had an arc. He got Made which he always wanted and died because of the responsibility.

He fucks up NYC relations and dies

>main character's son is the most whiny, show ruining character I think I've ever seen. In season 6b he seriously has like 50% of the screentime

Tony is a shitty parent and never taught him any morals or values

>the fucking therapist every god damn episode, and nothing ever comes out of her character or Tony's progress

Tony used it in his own ends to become a better leader and manipulate people.

You are a pleb.

That's the whole fucking show. I can't think of any characters who go through an actual arc. They all start out as shitty people and then most of them just die.

Tony is exactly as worthless as he is when the show starts and there are no signs of him changing when it ends.

I often wonder why faggots like you even give your opinion

EYY OHHH

CARM WHERE DA GABAGOOL AT??

Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, and Breaking Bad are the true trilogy of Telekino in 2016.

All others are imitators and Pentium 2-tier.

Actually kekd

>Christopher had an arc. He got Made which he always wanted and died because of the responsibility.

That's not an arc. He is the same character all the way through the show, he just gets a better job. And he didn't die because of the responsibility, he died because Tony thought he got annoying. Bravo.

>He fucks up NYC relations and dies

Not confirmed, and Tony took out the NYC boss. He came out of everything better than what made sense.

>Tony is a shitty parent and never taught him any morals or values

Yeah I got that in the first season. I didn't need to watch 50 more hours of him being a worthless shitlord, only to get models and a great career thrown at him in the end because he was rich.

>Tony used it in his own ends to become a better leader and manipulate people.

And yet everything still went to shit with his business in the end. What was the overall net gain of the hours and hours we had to watch him whine to his therapist?

This

In all likelyhood, the lack of capes & CGI 'sploshuns probably turned him off of it

>I consider sopranos the first western anime

I just gave ot a try a few weeks ago after hearing for over a decade how great it was. I quit about 10 minutes before the end of episode 1 of season 1. Fucking gay ass shit.

>That's the whole fucking show. I can't think of any characters who go through an actual arc. They all start out as shitty people and then most of them just die.

Hey, welcome to the real world kiddo.

One of the themes of the show is about the inability to change, especially in people that are so deep in the criminal world.

literally the only one who suffers from this is feech la mana, and that's intentional since season 5 plays with the idea of adding 3 new guys into the mix and people not knowing who's gonna last or be important
the writers never heard of karma right xDD
intentional, see the fates jackie jr. and carmine jr. you fucking faggot, were you watching this shit with one eye while browsing Sup Forums and posting your shit opinions with the other?
such as?
intentional, david chase has literally addressed this exact point word by word. It's supposed to be tedious and go nowhere.
it does if you're not a fucking retard

There were actually way to many splosions, I don't know what show you watched. There were gunfights in every other episode and the whole cast died basically.

I was told this was similar to madmen, and while I see similarities madmen shits all over this scarface wannabe. The characters in madmen actually finish their arcs and change as people, this show seems to just relentlessly hammer in how futile everything is and how their career will get them all fucked in the end.

>That's not an arc

Really? Chrissy wanted so many shit in life and he got everything and died like a junkie for it.

>Not confirmed
He didn't give Blundetto to Leotardo. He beat Coco. He refused to play ball with Leotardo who had serious hatred toward him.

kek manchild with no life experience got triggered

>>>/capeshit/

You know who had an arc? Noah.

>tfw they dropped the Adrianna lesbian subplot

;__;

he he

I ate so much fucking pasta while watching Sopranos

Therapy made him a better criminal. Show is still GOAT.

>literally the only one who suffers from this is feech la mana, and that's intentional since season 5 plays with the idea of adding 3 new guys into the mix and people not knowing who's gonna last or be important
Great, its almost like we're watching a tv show and characters should have some endgame story
>the writers never heard of karma right xDD
I don't care about karma, but everything that happens in the show is pointless and leading nowhere
>intentional, see the fates jackie jr. and carmine jr. you fucking faggot, were you watching this shit with one eye while browsing Sup Forums and posting your shit opinions with the other?
Oh, you mean how that little shithead gets set up with a movie producer career in the end even though he has never once worked hard or tried to be a good member of his family? I am lead to believe he will be a millionaire and everything will be just fine for shitbag AJ
>such as?
Are you memeing? Eating pussy, going to a therapist, telling an off color joke, being gay, etc.
>intentional, david chase has literally addressed this exact point word by word. It's supposed to be tedious and go nowhere.
Bravo, what a fucking waste of time
>it does if you're not a fucking retard
No, it literally doesn't

>muh mafia guns and deaths every episode XD

Didn't you start this exact same thread about Mad Men a couple days ago?

At least wait a few weeks between shit troll jobs

I started watching the Sopranos about a month ago and I have about 10 episodes left of seasons 6

Not sure if I've liked it or not

Every character is fucking disgusting

Frankly I'm looking forward to Tony being killed

And this is how I can tell you're a pleb.

Also the scene where she is internally conflicted trying to decide whether to tell Tony about the rapist is incredibly powerful.

It shows her moral strength when she decides rather than stooping to Tony's level and getting vengeance, even after the justice system let her down, she stays strong and carries on like a functioning member of society.

When's my arc Sup Forums?

Apparently not because almost everyone in his crew dies at the end and he is in a really bad situation.

If anything he was a better criminal when the show starts.

So again, why did I have to watch endless hours of him whining to his therapist?

>Totally miss all of the themes and social commentary in the show
>WAAH WHY'S IT ALL ABOUT GUNS AND PEOPLE DYING XDDD

>Eating pussy
no one got killed for that
>going to a therapist
>telling an off color joke
>being gay
not a "slight social faux paux"

>If anything he was a better criminal when the show starts.

This isn't like your animes where people get powerups and become Super Saiyan 12 by the final fight

He won't be killed. Nothing matters, nothing changes

wow the sopranos really is the ultimate pleb filter

>GOD Tier
Paulie
Phil Leotardo
Carmine Jr.
Ralphie

>High Tier
Silvio
Richie Aprile
Corrado "Junior" Soprano
Hesh
Johnny Sack
Furio

>Mid tier
Tony
Carmella
Bobby
Christopher
Patsy
Uncle Pussy
Adriana

>Low Tier
Meadow
Little Paulie
AJ
Ginny Sack
Vito

>Shit tier
Noah
Janice
'Livia
Blundetto
Butch
Feech
Jackie Jr.

Apparently not, at least those can tell a story that leads somewhere

>none of these plebs read "Tony's Vicarious Patricide" theory

are you kids even qualified to post here?

Reading your comments leads me to believe that you want tv to be this magical world where the protagonists are and they are blessed while the bad guys get their comeuppance. The world isnt like that, and The Sopranos tried to reflect what was happening in real time.

Paulie is a babyish cunt

Ralphie is as much of a piece of shit a human can get

>that leads somewhere

That's because they're trash aimed at teenagers.

The Sopranos isn't about telling a happy story where the protagonist grows and becomes stronger, it's about examining and evaluating themes not only in the Mafia world but also extrapolating them into the real world

>such as

SHE WAS A WHO-ER

Where did you get that? I don't see any difference between the main "good" characters or the bad characters. You're just projecting a dumbass position on me so you can discount what I'm saying.

I don't care who lives and dies, I just want the characters and the story to be going somewhere. No one changes, nothing happens, people just do shitty things and kill eachother and blow things up.

Bravo.

anyone else feels bad for finn here?

>has to endure all of meadow's bullshit
>meadow's denial get him involved in a corrupted job
>has to witness sociopathic behavior but still act nice
>is manipulated by meadow into engaging (either that or lose all protection and get killed by vito)
>probably scarred for life by "delivering" vito

I'm so fucking glad he made it out in the end and meadow had to watch her father die a horrible death

All he had to do was let vito blow him. Everyone knows Vito was a bottom

I feel bad for Vito.

Vito just wanted to go enjoy a fucking baseball game, and he got all dressed up and this little faggot stood him up.

Is there any sadder scene in the show than when Vito gets stood up at the game?

I have no remorse for Finn and I like to assume its implied that Vito had him killed.

A lot of characters do have arcs however they either die right after they finish or they don't bother changing. That's one of the major themes to the series is that you can't change.

His wife (almost) left, son tried to commit suicide, sister is a complete bitch, has panic attacks like every five seconds, daughter let him down, most of his crew died. I mean I don't know what else to tell you.

The grandmother tells him that life and sucks and that he should get used to it. Also he loved his father but then he found out that he was a gangster and that really rocked his world. AJ is a well written teenager/ young adult. Could you imagine finding out your dad is a gangster high up in the mob while you thought he was a garbage man

>snitching
>not being loyle
>being gay
>killing a member of the NY branch

You must be some kind of retard. It's not even being gay. It's that the family was embarrassed and you can't let that shit fly.

You find out a lot from Tony's therapy and how he found out about his father and what caused his panic attacks. In addition it's like REAL therapy. People rarely ever make some amazing break through and straighten out their lives. If they could they wouldn't be in therapy to begin with.

When it's a 10/10 until the very last moment I think it's ok.

Kek

Man you better stop adding lines between sentences.

Otherwise people are just going to easily distinguish your posts

and then ignore all of your weak ass trolling

just a tip for you ;)

>Is there any sadder scene in the show than when Vito gets stood up at the game?

Pretty much any scene with Sal Vitro is sad

Can we all agree that Patsy ordered the hit on Tony?

Also, Mikey Palmice is GOAT

I'm not projecting. You're projecting. And thats a Tony Soprano quote.

As to your other point, part of the show is about showing the journey Tony has already taken, and we get to see that after the fact. I find that what makes this show great isnt watching where Tony is going, but watching how he already got here and how that influences his decisions (the dreams, therapy, flashbacks)

sopranos is an absolutely terrible show to binge watch and I feel bad for all you adolescents and teenagers who didn't get to watch it first run on HBO because the viewing experience is absolutely ruined by wasting an afternoon watching episode after episode

Yeah, i'm 99% sure it's Patsy

Fuck you

Cumdumpster

I'll end you

And what is trolling in that post? Vito was a good man and a great earner, everyone else fucked men in prison. Why do they get a pass for that?

P
L
E
B

Just stick with flicks from now on, kid

I don't think he ordered it, it must have been butch, he had a raging hard on for tony since he first appeared on screen
patsy probably agreed to it and was offered to be the new boss

>GOD Tier
Phil Leotardo
Ralphie
Livia
Silvio

>High Tier
Tony
Paulie
Corrado "Junior" Soprano
Furio
Patsy
Bobby
Larry Boy

>Mid tier
Richie Aprile
Johnny Sack
Christopher
Pussy
Adriana

>Low Tier
Meadow
Little Paulie
AJ
Vito

>Shit tier
Carmella
Hesh
Carmine Jr.
Janice
Blundetto
Feech
Jackie Jr.

I think Tony ordered the hit on himself. I bet he put the gun in the bathroom for the members only jacket guy to find after he found out he would probably go to prison and have his name tarnished.

Why would Tony organise for himself to be hit in front of his family, thus scaring them for life?

I'm all in for crazy stupid conspiracy theory ideas, but why would he order the hit in front of his fucking family, his mental-midget son included

>watches entire series
>insists he didn't like it

*scarring

Fair point. I suppose Tony wants the last thing he sees to be his family.

Ya know, sometimes what happens here is like taking a shit.

The Sopranos is a show about people about coming to terms with their worst selves, making gestures towards change and realizing it's too difficult. The narrative structure is something of a postmodern hybrid built on logical discontinuity and anti-climax. The show encompasses "the human condition" more than any other tv/film. It might be the best visual creative work on clinical depression yet. Nearly all other prestige drama following it are just watered down Sopranos in my eyes.

Official list here

>Tony
>The greatest tv character of all time
>mid tier

kys

favorite quotes

>no you didn't fucking knew it, I just told you!
>were you this fucking stupid when I married you?
>why was I born handsome instead of rich?
>you got a bee ona youa hat
>stupid a fuckin game
>you'll suck our cocks? is she any good? why am I asking him, he probably taught her how
>maybe you should start sucking cock instead of watching tv land because vito brought in three times what you do on construction

Tony in Mid Tier?

what's with this "brainless the second" being god tier meme?

Tony isn't funny for God Tier.

>lil carmine god tier
>tony not god tier

>and made everything confusing

fixed.

It's official.

>main theme of show is that nothing ever changes and that's also realistic

What a lazy way to explain a show with no direction. I'm going to make an hour-long show which is about how sometime shows are just written badly. And how sometimes people get hour-long shows even though they have no idea how to fill an hour with actual story. It'll also be a complete ripoff of the Sopranos in almost every way

I'll call it Boardwalk Empire

keking atm

im reading it now, fucking amazing analysis of alot of the freudian themes of the show. David Chase is a genius

OP is a faggot.

>freudian themes
lol I think you're reading a little too much into that summerfriend.

What a shit taste in Sopranos.

i didn't think it was shit but i definitely found it to be overrated
it was alright but it wasn't the 10/10 kino of all time shit everyone says it is

b-but you have to watch it 3 more times to TRULY get it user. T-THEN YOU'LL SEE

Shoulda watched The Wire with black James Bond tbqh

>it's a people think Tony died at the end episode

this meme still exists?

top tier bait

you basically explained the point of the show

Dude. Tony is almost litterally Oedipus.

The moral of the story is that gangsters are a bunch of closeted faggots.

It's good.

I do think that tv exaggerates it slightly though. It's a personal 10/10 for me but objectively it is no less than an 8/10

The Members Only jacket guy in the final episode was clearly a relative of Eugene Pontecorvo. He obviously kills Tony Soprano in the diner in order to avenge Pontecorvo's suicide.

You're either trolling or an extreme fucking pleb