If I went to Germany and made up, to the entire world, a story about neo-nazis attacking me...

If I went to Germany and made up, to the entire world, a story about neo-nazis attacking me, I'd be asked to clarify and, if I were lying, be held accountable for perpetuating such harmful stereotypes.

If I went to Saudi Arabia and made up, to the entire world, a story about muslim fundamentalists attacking me, I'd be asked to clarify and, if I were lying, be held accountable for perpetuating such harmful stereotypes.

If I went to the US and made up, to the entire world, a story about gangs or southern militia racists attacking me, I'd be asked to clarify and, if I were lying, be held accountable for perpetuating such harmful stereotypes.

If I went to the UK and made up, to the entire world, a story about hooligans attacking me, I'd be asked to clarify and, if I were lying, be held accountable for perpetuating such harmful stereotypes.

If I went to China and made up, to the entire world, a story about seeing enslaved children work, I'd be asked to clarify and, if I were lying, be held accountable for perpetuating such harmful stereotypes.

If I went to India and made up, to the entire world, a story about witnessing a gang rape, I'd be asked to clarify and, if I were lying, be held accountable for perpetuating such harmful stereotypes.

But Lochte does precisely that and the media protect him. Why? Because he was benefiting from their smear campaign against Rio and Brazil. This is a lot more inhumane than most of you realise, because Rio is a tourist attraction that needs tourist money to function properly and it has, like Brazil as a whole, always benefited from foreigners with money and skill wanting to live here. Bullshit like that can genuinely have a negative impact on its prosperity and the means available to fix its poverty, crime and infrastructure problems.

This fucker belongs in JAIL.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perjury
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>genuinely have a negative impact on its prosperity
>brazil
i didn't know Sup Forums did YLYL threads.

>implying a single dumbass american swimmer can make gun, crime, and murder ridden favelas worse

nice joke hueugene

Lochte wins the gold medal for shitposting, and Brazil wins the gold medal for asspain.

Faggots. Shut the fuck up and let this retard be the retard we all know him to be.

>Why
Because he's a rich white male

>Swimer
>Rich
The only rich swimer is Phelps desu

>because Rio is a tourist attraction that needs tourist money to function properly

all your fellow huemonkeys have been saying tourism doesn't matter in the slightest, are they just asspained and lying about it?

fresh meat for BANGU 1

Not sure what the big deal is, other people have actually been robbed, stray bullets ended up in the horse area, and a media bus got attacked.

Who cares if Lochte made some shit up.

If you idiots could ignore him and other anecdotal shit like that, as you should, it wouldn't. Unfortunately some people in America love to gossip about the third world and love when celebrities demean it on their behalf, it unfortunately can.

The media has started a "wow Rio is so messy!!" campaign way before it even started, and now it's desperately looking for things that fit this narrative.

shit happens in your country all the time, please, happened to me and to a friend I know, neither doing anything, I was on fucking business. Kristy told me not to carry laptop bag, use back pack instead. had to go through airport like security to get in building, no joke scanner for bag and everything. you mad because you're a have

He has more money than you do, or I do. Or more relevantly, more than most Brazilians do.

His white privilege will keep him out of jail, and the west will rally to his defense because he a good boy and dindu nuffin

>Who cares if Lochte made some shit up.

A few people, apparently. I heard it's even on the news.

>Matt Lauer called to talkto Locthe after he went back home
>mentions how casual it was when he talked to police in Brazil
>says how much more diligent the police in the U.S. were after his house was robbed a couple years ago

kek he's still shitposting he can't be stopped

If he went to Germany I'm pretty sure they wouldn't try to detain him or pull his friends passports

Brazil is a VERY insecure nation that pantomimes as some sort of up and coming first world nation. They heavily buy into the meme that they're a serious nation with the same quality of life as North American and European nations.

When they have to face the blatant reality of the situation they get uncomfortable as they reluctantly realize their inferiority. They didn't really have anything to say about the 100 other incidents so far in the Olympics. But Lochte is a retard and slipped up, so they're going on a crazy witch-hunt to defend the non-existent honor of their nation.

this whole situation is sure to make people see brazil in a more positive light... oh what it just makes them look like north korea.

green pools and terrible water conditions in other sports fit that perfectly.

because he's a fucking white male

I wouldn't say the American media has been laying off Lochte. Actually, the reporting I've seen has been pretty fact based.

Fun Fact: in the 1972 Munich Olympics, Palestinian Freedom Fighters killed a dozen Israeli athletes.

Today, most of the world still sides with the Palestinians.

>being this butthurt about people talking shit about your shithole of a country

The brave man probably saved people from going to Brazil and getting robbed and or killed and better yet brought more attention to the issue

>(((media)))
>fact based

Why are hues so easily triggerd?

It's against the law, his friends will be jailed if they told lies.

Ah, a Brazilian that the good ol boys kicked off of Sup Forums your country is shit (quite literally) and will never be anything better, you are shit and can only be shit.

Enjoy having your favela liberated.

>telling lies is against the law

wew

"kicked of Sup Forums"

hahahahaha thats like saying being kicked out of Dachau

>hues actually believe this
the US would literally break him out with seal team 6 before they let an Olympian serve time in a hue jail.

The educated parts of the world don't care because ***IF*** he did lie, it's a victimless cirme. The US would make a deal with whatever crooked hue prosecutor or politician and make sure they're back home before the weekend is over.

You need this OP

If someone lied during police investigations or falsely accused someone of rape or robbery they wouldn't suffer any consequences in Canada because it's just "telling lies"?

Or in your case kicked out of FDR's internment camps.

Thank you my Canadian amigo

under oath and to the authorities it is

Kek.

Let us be honest here; if the Olympics weren't in Brazil right now, this would be a non issue, but Brazil is under extra pressure to put on a pretty face and not look incompetent. Who is to say all the other athletes lied about their encounters also?

>the US would literally break him out with seal team 6

ahahaha you sound like a 14 year old.

>falsely accused someone
who was accused? filing a false police report where no one was actually named would get a fine at worst.

>saying you got robbed is against the law

wew lad, i wonder what you're trying to cover up in brazil :^)

>h-he told a lie. That means jail, right guys?

those false equivalences. if someone said they got robbed and didnt remember what the dude looked like, nothing would happen. but brazil is a fucking shithole so they just go ahead and make the situation 1000 times worse.

They lie all the time.

>7-1 didn't even matter to us lel

>was he ever under oath?
no

>did he ever go to the authorities?
no, he only told the USOC and the media

>why didn't he go straight to the authorities?
because it's brazil and he claims those who attacked him were police officers or fake police officers, which is a common way of theft in your nation. What are the authorities going to do about it? Nothing. There's no way he can get his money back that was stolen just like there's no way the police could "catch" the criminals. It would just waste everyone's time and Brazil is shooting themselves in the foot if they want to look like any kind of modern nation after these olympics

So if Bill Maher or Jon Stewart told the news that the LA police has robbed them, while wearing their uniforms, during a period of political sensitivity (say, following a police shooting and BLM unrest) they would not get any punishment? Get the fuck out of here.

You are right now a honest policeman in Rio, making the best of an awful situation to keep everybody safe, so far working, aside from a few incidents, suddenly a random foreigner make a fishy history about being robbed by policemen, turns out nothing was like he said and he is probably lying. Wouldn't you want to fuck them up? I know I would. And this is exactly what happened, the IOC and the US tried to cover it up, but the some policemen decided to talk and it became a public issue here.

>ITT Americans cannot comprehend what perjury is.

You're right they wouldn't. It's called freedom of speech buddy. If they were being tried in court for unrelated charges and said that then that's an entirely different issue.

In your scenario at most they would just be flamed in the media and public. Then considering their status, everyone would forget about it a week later, because muh john oliver and muh jon stewart are so brave and such saints

Imagine a celebrity telling the fucking news in your country that one public body responsible for law enforcement has commited a felony against him or her and then it was revealed that he made the entire shit up.

If you think they would just go "lol he's lying idk" you're fucking delusional about how authorities deal with this shit. And if you happen to be right, that your country's problem not ours.

publicly mocked and derided, sure. But arrest and imprisonment? Maximum lols @ what you hues think is justice

nigger you have to be in court and testifying to commit perjury.

olympics should never be held in 3rd world nations or """"developing"""" nations ever again

are brazilians this out of touch with how freedom works? nothing would happen to them legally. they might get thrown under the bus in the media though. its weird to hear the thoughts of people who are as oppressed as brazilians.

They actually wouldn't. A slap on the wrist at worst.

Even if he did it and they have pretty good proof he still won't go to jail.

he didn't implicate the police, though.

you're crazy.

I love u OP

they wouldnt get arrested. thats retarded. brazil just made this whole situation much much worse.

First, I don't think you know what freedom of speech is. It's certainly not freedom to incriminate public authorities without evidence.

Second, that's because you're cucks afraid of standing up to celebrities, but we're not. I hope they arrest Lochte and I hope they arrest Phelps if he's caught with weed here.

>many athletes point out the appalling conditions and treatment in Rio
>Brazilians pick on the low IQ one to defend their shithole of a country
You CANNOT make this shit up desu

China is a developing nation and it did fine. Developing nation doesn't mean shithole.

>nigger you have to be in court and testifying to commit perjury.
Not him, but have you considered that our laws might be different? Basically, if you give cause for a police investigation to start fully aware that no crime occured...you could go to jail for 2 to 8 years, even if no formal complaint was made.

>brazil just made this whole situation much much worse.
this. The world knew brazil was terrible, the Olympics have taught us it's literally shit-tier. But now this shit is making them look sub-North Korea tier.

who the fuck cares if he lied or not

there's overwhelming evidence these types of crimes exist in brazil

if anything lochte's story or self editing should shine light on the fact your nation has a serious crime problem and you should be thanking him for bringing it to the global stage.

fix your shit brazil and move on

It's just friendly bantz mate, get a grip, jesus.

>It's certainly not freedom to incriminate public authorities without evidence.
because no groups in america ever claim police brutality without evidence right? you know that shit happens here all the time and no one gets arrested? you dont even realize how fucking shitty your country is compared to the developed world.

I pretty much agree but you let him escape so that parts on you

We need more threads by Brazilians about this.

He's a fucking bitch for lying and making up the entire story. Should be thrown in jail and gang raped for real

He actually said the criminal flashed a badge before getting his gun and cock in it etc etc. Watch the NBC interview.

Nobody else told lies about being held at gunpoint by thieves with police badges and uniforms though. That's pretty fucking serious.
There's also some new camera footage that will be released in the next days.

>brazil just made this whole situation much much worse.
By trying to investigate a possible armed robbery of olympic athletes?

>burgers commit a crime
>try to flee from the country but get caught
>WTF LITERALLY NORTH KOREA I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW THAT THIRD WORLD COUNTRIES HAD A LEGAL SYSTEM

Then, like I said, this is your problem not ours. Figure your own legal system out before shitting on those of cities you people can't even find on a map.

>I hope they arrest Phelps

You know it would be a very damaging move for your country, right? Like pants-on-head stupid?

But imagine the banter.

by saying the brazilian laws are different, you are basically confirming the American's entire point.

>lying to the media is a crime in brazil

>mfw a non american tries to explain what freedom of speech is to me

the entire point of freedom of speech is you can say whatever you want, and that's just what he did is say what he wanted to say. Granted there are restrictions that have been cited in court like not yelling fire in a movie theater and things that incite violence. None of those things lochte said, he if anything criticized crime and how your policing is in your state. That's exactly what freedom of speech is supposed to be, to protect those who are criticizing their government and authorities.

fuck off you cuck fuck piece of shit, you don't know anything

Lying to the COPS.

by detaining athletes trying to fly home for no reason but to "save face" by making their country look even shittier internationally.

He didn't go to the cops though

The funniest part of all this is that lochte got away before the Brazilians could catch him. WHO CAN STOP THIS MADMAN

>you should know our country is a shithole and just accept us being dickheads to your athletes.
no?

All the americans talking about how we just don't know how ABSURD and oh my god TOTALITARIAN this is: see pic and go eat a dick. Oh and that death penalty half your states have is also abolished here, except for special cases.

But please do tell us about how tough on crime we are like you're still in a position to lecture any country in the world about anything.

>make a shitty country look shitty
>go back home before they can give you some "brazillian justice"
>huehuehues hopping mad

>muh boy dindu muffin he gud swimmer
>just let them flee the country please
>we don't want to look bad please

>wanting to unleash American wrath

Don't do this.jpeg

and lying to police is a crime? wew lad, i better get my descriptions fucking spot on if i was ever attacked in your nation because if i describe the monkey robbing me as having a red shirt when he really had an off tint orange i might be going to jail

wew lad wew lad wew lad i didn't know shit hole nations like you have such shit laws but i guess it goes with the name

How about if a girl accused a guy of false rape. Would you still say I don't know what the big deal, other girls have been raped so it's ok

how many of those executions happened because someone lied to the press? oh so thats totally irrelevant to this issue? ok

>phelps has been retired for a few days and already the mens swimming program is collapsing
>lochte, long known for being dumb pulls this shit to cover up whatever he did in brazil
>hightails it out of brazil while his m8's get taken off their plane
>the truth will eventually come out
>as he is 32 he won't be swimming in the 2020 games
>now it all falls on Ledecky
>to man up and swim in the tokyo in 4 years time

trust me, we've hated Lochte for almost a decade now since he dared to challenge the Water God. The 1st world is simply laughing at what you hues call """"""""""""""""""laws"""""""""""""""""

>to man up
top kek

>>mfw a non american tries to explain what freedom of speech is to me

Hahaha did you just imply that the US is the only country that has freedom of speech?

And worse of all, did you just echo the "freedom of speech means I can say anything without consequences, even if it's a crime" meme?

For someone who is trying to tell us that we're living up to negative stereotypes, you retard sure lack self-awareness in not living up to the "dumb and out-of-touch with the world" stereotype.

false comparison. if a girl says she was raped but was too drunk to describe the guy and they cant find the guy, they wouldnt arrest the girl

In this case "the guy" doesn't exist.

It's like making up a story on Sup Forums.

>REE
>the post

Pablo, please.

>Perjury, also known as forswearing, is the intentional act of swearing a false oath or of falsifying an affirmation to tell the truth, whether spoken or in writing, concerning matters material to an official proceeding.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perjury