Are these devil things slowly destroying your hearing?

Are these devil things slowly destroying your hearing?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZY7ELJ0oeaA
youtube.com/watch?v=MVa4q-YVjD8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I haven't used them since high school, in part because I never need too but they really hurt my ears

Yes

desu yeah they are, not that slowly either

>high volume warning on phone

>Listening to music via AUX from phone in car
>Phone will just cut my volume in half while I'm driving so I can't hear it

my car speakers are ass

dis is meem rit?

It is not a meme that playing music at high volumes damages your ears. It is a meme that earbuds are inherently damaging.

That said most earbuds are trash and have really exaggerated highs so people who really blast music with them are probably fucking their ears harder than they would with better iems or headphones.

No, because I don't use them.

Kind of off topic but still relevant: How is it that the members of Swans and MBV didn't have blown-out eardrums like 15 years ago? Or bands like The Rolling Stones or Aerosmith who have played like 19,000,000.01 shows?

ear protection/ear montiotors that also have ear protection. a lot of live bands use earplugs but you cant see them, some are clear or more skin toned.

This is probably a retarded question but how do they know they're not fucking up when they're playing?

Gira never wears earplugs so I don't understand why he's still able to hear anything, not even talking about how bad of tinnitus he must have

some of them have little openings where you can still hear, but the sound isn't as loud.

Rockers from the good ol' days really did deafen themselves because they had to fill stadiums with their amps alone.

Damn. He stands at the front of the stage, too so he's right in front of the speakers. He's the fucking man.

Doesnt Pete Townsend have tinitus?

Brian Johnson had to retire from blown eardrums, but he was quick to point out that it was an accident that happened at a race track and had nothing to do with his music career.

you should be fine if you're not blasting them over 45-50%

He has really bad hearing loss, but supposedly it happened from Keith Moon exploding firecrackers near him. John Entwistle was also extremely deaf in his later years from decades of exposure to Spinal Tap amps.

Roger Daltrey doesn't have any hearing problems that I'm aware of, so no idea how he's gotten away with it.

Kevin has tinnitus

Neil Young trashed his hearing while recording Ragged Glory, so he wasn't able to play electric for a good deal of the '90s.

i would think lower than that since a lot of them go a bit into the ear canal, so the little speakers right next your ear drum.

Kirk Hammett and Lars Ulrich both have tinnitus. Kirk says his ears "are pretty well fried by now". They apparently didn't use earplugs until like 1989 or something.

Chuck Berry. His handlers claim it's from exposure to loud music, but in his case, he's deaf just from being old as fuck. Hearing loss at that advanced age is common no matter how well you've taken care of your ears.

I stopped wearing earbuds. Listened through only my left ear with them for like 5 months at a job and now whenever I hear too loud of noises my left ear rings a few hours later.

I recently wore them again, always unsure as to what caused my tinnitus, and I can tell you that earbuds are much more damaging than other things to play music from. I listen on my speaker system at home and never get ringing ears from those.

The funny part is that I listened at less than half with my earbuds. I've always been scared of damaging my hearing. I think it's because that shit is right next to your ear drum. I would stay away from listening through earbuds if I were you. If you do, keep it at really low volumes and don't listen for too long.

Really bummed I have tinnitus now. I think I may just have more sensitive ears than other people.

I just use normal headphones and I keep the volume at a tolerable level.

How long until this guy goes deaf?

I can't really stand to listen to music even semi-loudly through headphones or earbuds, I am safe..... for now....

Especially important if you listen to percussion-heavy stuff like Swans. I get a headache from that if it's up too loud.

As Les Paul said, "I wouldn't advise anyone to stick their head inside an amp. Just play good music at a reasonable volume."

High frequencies are harder on your ears than lows desu.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZY7ELJ0oeaA

You guys are all pussies, I listen to this shit phone volume maxed with earbuds

Destroying, probably not, but they're surely doing at least some damage in the long run. But you're not gonna die with a perfect body, just keep the volume reasonable and it's no big deal. I still find it 10x worse to go to a show without earplugs as far as tinnitus is concerned.

I think Kevin said on Soft Focus something to the effect of it being like getting callouses on your hands. How true that actually is scientifically I don't know.

I'd wonder how Rob Halford can still hear anything either.

>But you're not gonna die with a perfect body

George Bernard Shaw said something to the effect that he would never want to die with a perfect body, he wanted to be totally falling apart at the end as proof that he'd lived life to the max.

I had to slip out of using in ear headphones because of this desu

whats the alternative to use?

at my job, i cant wear light headphones that leak and i dont want to bring my $250 headphones into work.

FWIW most people experience at least a little tinnitus even if they're not regularly exposed to loud noise. I get it occasionally.

I've had to go to leaky ones that just sit in your ear rather than going in for outside use. It kinda sucks but the leak forces me to keep the volume reasonable unless I want to be obnoxious.

absolute madman

whats an alternative for this that won't make me look like a retard?

The advantage of using earbuds like this is that you can have the volume lower and still be able to hear clearly. So as long as you're not a complete idiot and blasting ridiculous volumes into your ear you shouldn't be any worse off than anyone else using earbuds.

That being said, go out and buy some over ear noise-cancelling headphones right now. Better sound quality and better for your ears.

>That being said, go out and buy some over ear noise-cancelling headphones right now. Better sound quality and better for your ears.
what do you recommend?

He lived to 94 and died of a kidney laceration after falling from a ladder while pruning a tree on his property.

Why the fuck does this happen? I've always listened to things at really low volumes and everyone that uses my things says, "lol i cant hear shit," yet I've got a slight ringing in my ears.

>go to a concert
>blow the fuck out of your hearing
>go to a club
>blow the fuck out of your hearing

No thanks

plus that shit costs money

I have it a bit in my left ear from a bike tube blowing up right next to my ear when I was a teenager. It's not bad, some days it's more noticeable then others.

shit man I've been suspecting these earbuds are responsible for my tinnitus as well.
I need to get headphones.. I've had this ringing for +2 years, but I don't want it to go any further.
what should I get?

I listen to music in my IEMs often with the volume at around 65% (on my phone). But as far as I know, I don't have tinnitus. Is this normal?

>I think Kevin said on Soft Focus something to the effect of it being like getting callouses on your hands
What did he mean by this?

>I don't have a condition, is it normal?

Have I met you before
Did you post this story here or on /r9k/ in like summer 2015

>Did you post this story here or on /r9k/ in like summer 2015

"I recognize that bulge!" the post

Your ears get used to the noise with time.

I recognize that bulge was also a post

fuck that warning desu

>friend asks if i want to listen to his shitty playlist
>ok
>gives me left earbud
>it has earwax and is HIGHLY VISIBLE
>DARK YELLOW TOOTHPASTE

No they didn't. They were all props hiding one to two amps that were mic'd and going through a speaker system

Bilinda had her right eardrum ripped in half at a show once and she's never quite recovered from it.

Is tinnitus a meme? Whenever I listen to music in public I always have my earbuds at about 80% to cover up all of the outside noise and I haven't had any ringing in my ears.

I guess it depends on how sensitive the person's ears are.

>Is tinnitus a meme?
I'm sure Pete Townshend would be happy to dispute your claim.

I had tinnitus for some time, since when I was 12-14 I blasted music from an earbud at 100% all the time. Felt good tho got the tinnitus but it just healed himself after some time it was annoying but not that much you know you just blast stronger music and you hear anyway lol

>Is tinnitus a meme?

why is this board so dumb?

Did the music give you brain damage too?

Literally never use anything less than 80% and I usually have my earphones in for 5+ hours per day. I'm 19 and sometimes wonder if I'll make it to 25 before my ears just melt.

No one's pussies, they're just not retarded like you are. Perhaps to prove you swing some humongo nuts you do something like run around 5 o'clock traffic with a blindfold on instead of destroying your fucking hearing and removing any possibility of blasting your shitty tunes into your ears again

My old car did the same thing, you have to turn it down and back up to get it back to a volume you can hear. Shit was so annoying.

Had this same issue, said fuck it and got a new radio installed. Loving the bluetooth music/calling, haven't looked back at all. Definitely worth the money and pain in the ass associated with putting the damn thing in.

no lol

Soundtracks for the deaf when?

With those I listen to music on fairly low. So no they aren't.
I always get surprised how loud my friends listen to music with in ear headphones.

Everyone lstens loudly and a lot of time through the shittiest most damaging earplugs

You have to keep the volume lower with headphones/earbuds than speakers because the sound with the latter will disperse through the room and not be as harsh or concentrated.

Most music just sounds better louder.

How am I supposed to listen to music when I'm on the move if I'm not using earbuds?

>Keith Moon exploding firecrackers near him

lmao he straight up built a bomb and put it in his drum kit

youtube.com/watch?v=MVa4q-YVjD8

Probably done quite a bit of damage already, I used to listen to stuff insanely loud as a teenager, that people a few rooms away could hear the music loud and clear and I would think I wasn't listening to it that loud

Nowadays, I usually just keep it moderate but with particular instances, I have to go below normal volume because my ears start hurting, like I'm listening to some harsh noise right now but I gotta keep the volume down to keep it from hurting

>Is tinnitus a meme?
what does meme mean anymore

Damaging your hearing is so cool

Well at least he's not a pussy

He's a pussy and he's deaf

nowadays if you can afford it youll get earbuds that feed the instruments directly into your ear and cancel the audience out

what a bunch of assholes

You can develop an infection in your ear if you don't clean them because of bacterias. Otherwise if the volume isn't too loud, I don't think it can harm you. Maybe if you shove them in your like a maniac and pierce your eardrum.

Lol, imma keep doing it, thanks for the concern you baby dick mongoloid

Depends on what music you listen to. Read about it

> use earbuds for two years
> tinnitus is louder than my breathing
Fucking kill me

It's just a phase bro