ITT last 5 albums rated on rym

ITT last 5 albums rated on rym

is spoon that "I turn my camera on" band right
how's that album what's it like

luna

At least someone agrees with me on TPAB.

>Disintegration and Cosmogramma
I like you

Terrible

>the cure and Tom Waits 3 stars
Kys

Nice

urghgh

been working through about 50 albums this past week. 23 or so I've actually rated; the rest were not my thing...

word

word

What is it about Daniel Johnston that entices people so much? Just the fact he's an outsider or genuine appreciation of his music at face value?

I really liked the emotion in the album. It's really intense especially Careless Soul when he you can hear him tear up a little really got to me. I rarely ever give albums five stars so I was surprised too.

dude everyone has to like the cure and tom waits lmao

rain dogs is a 4 star though. the cure is so boring to me

Have a pile of albums ready to be rated, though.

3 stars is good, though.

boooooo

I listen to a lot of bad music

BMTH and BFMV probably deserve half a star tbqh

we're all going through some shit

rate

Why? :(

do you all actually finish these albums that you don't enjoy? or do your rating systems reflect that most music you listen to is good?

I listen to whole albums mostly. There's only a few that are so bad I had to shut them off. Usually at worst I'll just start skipping songs.

acetone

Since I rated a single, I threw in an extra album.

Everything I begin I will finish all the way through, and usually in one sitting. Life is too short to waste on poor albums, but I obsess over cataloging and organization.

Spoon over TPaB?? Hard to believe. 2/5

We have wildly different rating-ideologies, but I give you serious props for your selection given.

Your love for Ween gives me chills and the rest ain't my thing, either ://

Now this is plain silly.Welcome to Sup Forums

Get to rating, then! And I wouldn't 'boo' you, but I didn't care for The Unicorns.

Way cool, but I don't think Girl Talk is *that* offensive.

>surf's up only 3
aw, ok. understandable.
well at least you do like MSABF over 77
i'm betting you liked rain dogs or bone machine more
+grouper, tri repetae
>i give you power
eh

>rating ideologies
how so? I'm always interested in how other people rate stuff.

+Boredoms

All five of them exceeded my expectations to be honest, it's been a good day

I thought The Undertones was at least a 3
>Swordfishtrombones
>less than 4.5
I can't pretend I like you
I wish I could like Ween and Butthole Surfers as much as everyone else, in both cases, I don't much care for anything beyond their first album
In Utero is rated too high
Based on the sort of inflated ratings you hand out, Monster Movie is too low

Out of over 4000, there's about five albums I haven't finished (and of those I have finished, they were virtually all in one sitting, including box sets)...the ones I haven't finished are given the lowest rating but so are many albums I did finish

shit, forgot to post pic

Haha, maybe 'wildly' was a bit much.
But--like I said, when I pick something to listen to, I set time aside for it or pick a pretty lax secondary activity, and sit through its entirety so I can give it a proper track average and final rating.

I average ~30 releases a week and most ain't special. However, even if the first song (or first couple) isn't appealing, that release has already used up some of my time. If I stop there, I've spent time I can't get back and haven't increased my 'ratings' count or widened my musical horizon/knowledge. Speaking of which, that's probably the main reason behind 'enduring' some releases; I just want to know and hear as much as possible.

Cheers~

Not 100% sure on the Painful rating

This for me as well, for the most part anyway. I feel like enduring the bad albums is worth it in the end not just because sometimes some of my favorite songs are on bad albums but because I feel like listening to those albums also gives me a musical reference point for the good stuff and broadens my horizons.

Like there's a lot of people who will say something's the best album in a genre without listening to that much of it. I think the good stuff becomes much better when you know what the other stuff sounds like.

If it matters, I'll add that I rate each track (I love RYM's whole setup) out of 5 stars and use those scores to find a 'track average' for the album. That average determines my final score for the release, since it lines up with my overall feelings 99% of the time.

there's a new chavez album? neat

It's only a short EP, makes me want a new album pretty badly

Yep yep yep, this fella' is A-Ok. good on ya!

Bit harsh on Girl Talk

I can never participate in these threads since I mostly use my RYM to maintain a wishlist

As of now, it's one of five worst albums I've heard. I wouldn't give out a 1/10 if I wasn't confident in it.

>Way cool
Thanks dude.

I'll get to some other people in a moment.

My current 'method' is to go through Ezhevika Fields, find some interesting albums with my preferred tags, and give them a shot. Very rarely do I finish an album without rating it. I only rate and keep stuff I like.

I usually rate stuff in batches of 7-8. Out of that I've found that I often save 3-4 for my permanent collection. The rest sit in storage.

If you haven't poked around Ezhevika Fields, you're missing out. I've found some really neat stuff there; things that are otherwise unobtainable (well that's the point of the site I suppose)

>thread is up long enough that I've rated five more

Thoughts?

I keep absolutely everything on my computer, and put/keep whatever I like on the 64 gb card in my phone.

But wow, that looks+sounds interesting. I've never really messed with using tags for finding material, but I'll check that out for sure; thanks!

Yes, I listened to the hottest new meme album.

Wow, you really liked Cosmogramma.

I mean, I didn't care for the Black Moth either, but that's a low rating.

Ayy Monster Movie.

Yeah, there's a huge amount of stuff on Ezhevika. If the download link doesn't work, there is always a comment on the post that has a working one

Usually the tags are accurate; then again, while searching for electronic stuff I've come across some very nice but not electronicy albums.

the doves record sucked and the ronettes are disappointing

TPAB isn't that bad

77 > Buildings

1990 isn't that good

Tomb Mold is pretty great.