Rest of the world are you even trying right now?

Rest of the world are you even trying right now?

>Rest of the world are you even trying right now?

they gave up days ago

they unironically are trying

Oh, they're definitely trying. Just no match for >us

It feels so good to be an American, suck on it rest of the world.

Per Capita

>Without swimming you're behing GB and considering your population that's really embarassing so it doesn't count

>GB are massively doping and cheating so it doesn't count

>Chinks are over one billion and they send robots to olympics so it doesn't count

>Russia shouldn't even have any participant in Rio so it doesn't count

>Germany are nazis so it doesn't count

>Japanese are weebs so it doesn't count

France confirmed greatest sporting nation on Earth
De Coubertin must be proud

Not even in the top 5.

>Rest of the world are you even trying right now?

Yes

Per Capita Australia won on day 1

dumb frogposter

dog bless ameriswims

dog bless britsits.

Then lost on every day after.

Congratualtions France!

>being this butthurt

>>GB are massively doping and cheating so it doesn't count

>There is literally no other nation that is among the top 5 in both the olympics and the football WC - the two most renowned international sport events

Sorry USA, I acknowledge that you are trying by now, but Germany is still the greatest sporting nation in the world.

Not really. >We try in the winter games.

>being this bad at detecting sarcasm

>What is Per Capita

This tbqh

Which of those 93 did you won

Something that makes no sense whatsoever when counting olympic medals.

this

this is so stupid I had to giggle

thanks france

we aren't, we putting all our resources into football

Why doesn't it?

Who is winning if we only include male athletes?

Because population is, by far, not the most important factor when it comes to sporting success. There is barely even a correlation between population and sporting success and the majority of the most populous nations are dogshit at the Olympics (Nigeria, Indonesia, India, Brazil, Pakistan, Mexico, Philippines etc). It would make some sense if the amount of athletes a committee was allowed to enter was directly proportional to the population but that's not the case.

100k Jamaicans will have more talented athletes than 100m Indians.

>Large dirt poor countries are dogshit at the olympics, therefore there is NO correlation between population and number of medals

wew

>India actually got a medal

I'm honestly disappointed

Basé, ouais.

P E R

C A P I T A

I never claimed it's not a factor, it's just far from the most important one and measuring medals per capita implies that medal count and population are directly proportional.

There is a much better correlation between wealth and medals. So why isn't anyone measuring medals per dollar?

And why are olympics the only competition when this dumb criteria is applies? Why doesn't anyone claim that Italy have more World Cups per capita than Brazil?

Who is winning if we only include white male athletes?

who is winning if we only include qt white girls?

>16 (SIXTEEN) gold medals in fucking swimming
>winning over half your medals in waterpaddle

Ludwig/Walkenhorst secured gold for Germany. The football girls have at least silver. I like our chances.

Why is the rest of the world so bad at swimming anyway?

This polish fag is correct.
Look at how shit Britain did before before the lottery fund - 1 Gold medal

Now with £500 million we top 4.

You guys publicly fund your Olympic athletes?

It's not with taxpayer money

Lottery money, lad

>Some American athletes had to use crowd funding to pay for their travel costs

kek

>Government runs a lottery
>Uses funds from that lottery to pay for Olympian athletics
>"It's not public because it's not a tax."

Yet you're getting blown out by those athletes begging for money. Maybe you should spend more on your lottery tickets.

Running a service that people can voluntarily pay into is much different than forcing everyone to give up 40% of their earnings and then funding professional kettle throwers with it.

France confirmed as GOAT

States run lotteries over here to fund various programs as well. No one is under the delusion that they're anything but a public fund though just because they aren't compelled to buy the tickets.

>UK only 10 golds behind USA.
>Ameriswims will defend this.

how about per capita?

Except people are not as pissy about it as, say, seeing 40% of their earnings get taken from them forcefully?

Really don't get why you are laughing at us for having such a public fund setup to help future athletes, not everyone is well off lad.

It's worth noting that it also funds public projects within the country too, so it's not purely a sports fund.

Are Americans even trying to win anything?

>including us in that EU total
Fuck off

The government doesn't actually run the lottery, as I understand it. It's just set up so there's a franchise and they award the contract every five years or something.

I'm not invested in having a big state, but if you're going to have government intervention in a market, regulating a vice like gambling and poaching most of the profit to go to something useful seems a pretty good way of intervening.

Why wouldn't they?

Brexit

Hasn't happened yet. Probably won't for a long time.

We're trying our best m8.

>more gold and silver than bronze
That's how to do it

We're still in the EU, silly. It'll be two years give or take after Article 50.

Though in the spirit of it all we shouldn't still be included in the EU's medal count.

Well, that's what you get when you lead the world in 4th places. Or at least we did after the first week, might have changed by now.

>8 behind FRANCE

I'm literally seething with rage

Could you imagine our total of even half of those 4th places became third?

Golds are all that matters, and to a lesser extent silver.

What's tbreak down in events where we eon gold medals? Got a link?

We've been winning a lot of gold medals since swimming and still on track to win more . I'd like to see the spread

Great Bronze

I can only imagine how angry you'd be if you could count.

Just type 'rio' into google, lad.

It's all there.

By 8 I meant 8 place, not the difference in medals.

Ah, I see.

Anybody else get a hearty kek every time they play "BORN IN THE USA" when we win. Fuck I love it when we rub it in.

I do laugh at them playing an anti-American song, yes